Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex Preparing for an Exit Scam! DO _NOT_ SEND COINS THERE! - page 3. (Read 1773 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
that sucks man. Keep your alts/bitcoins spread out on different exchange or better store them in your wallet. I haven't used polo in a very long time. I hope you get it back somehow. While we're at it I would also like to tell people that my alts were gone from hitbtc and they didn't reply to my email afterwards so don't use them either. Luckily it wasn't a big amount so I'm not worried about it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I am really sorry for your loss. They are based in the U.S so a good idea is to send in a complaint scam report to the SEC and they might end up freezing POLONIEX but then it may take forever just to get a portion of your money back as the legal fees for taking POLONIEX to court will eat up most of the funds unfortunately. I do not have any other option for you but that sounds very bad indeed.

Frankly it would be worth shutting them down just so they can't screw future users.

Best of luck to all of you who have much more money trapped there than I do.

PS: Your sig ICO link sounds interesting. I never click sig links, but I imagine it will probably result in the creation of a legit exchange. Because if it wasn't, its owners will probably be sentenced to death Cheesy

In some ways I wish the U.S. followed in Singapore and China's footsteps.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
I am really sorry for your loss. They are based in the U.S so a good idea is to send in a complaint scam report to the SEC and they might end up freezing POLONIEX but then it may take forever just to get a portion of your money back as the legal fees for taking POLONIEX to court will eat up most of the funds unfortunately. I do not have any other option for you but that sounds very bad indeed.
legendary
I would imagine only a select few things are an issue in the exchange. Unless you've had experience with poloniex and having your currency withheld orbeing IP banned for no reason, or even having to make an unanswered ticket, then I can't imagine you would experience the ordeal others have. So it's your own risk regardless

Actually its their own risk since I plan on taking them to court. You obviously didn't read the comment where I said that I've conducted thousands of dollars of transactions with them over a period of almost 4 years now. But not anymore. I'm done using them, and if you had any brains you would be too.

legendary
I haven't had any problems with poloniex. I do feel like it is a bit slow, and you should always save your coins in an offline wallet. It's harder these days with the slow block times and high fees though. Also the good hardware wallets don't support some of the new coins.

How am I supposed to "save my coins in an offline wallet" when THEY WON'T SEND MY COINS TO THE WALLET?

It's more than a bit slow. They are definitely selling user coins to make profits, and then releasing them only after the price has dropped substantially. They are basically short selling _your_ coins, under the guise of compliance and wallet issues. After reading over a hundred comments where similar things have happened to other users, there's no doubt in my mind they are about to tank.

I advise everybody to withdraw all their coins now, before they run out of coins, become illiquid and file for bankruptcy, or else disappear into the moonlight.

I suspect the same thing that happened to Paul Vernon (Big Vern) of Cryptsy is about to happen to Tristan D'Agosto (Busoni). He will either vanish or _be_ vanished.

https://news.bitcoin.com/vanished-cryptsy-ceo-big-vern-ordered-to-pay-8m-in-class-action-lawsuit/
Activity: 1
Merit: 10
I've seen threads on reddit about polo and finex glitches for the better half of 2017. Never used either of them, but after this thread i will just avoid polo in general.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Binance is much better than polo so I decided a week ago to trade there. It has more volume and more choices of good kinds of altcoins so there's no reason for me to stay there.
Activity: 116
Merit: 24
Don't use polo,I also met a unhappy money missing there,  there are many good exchanges except polo.
If polo keep on this , reject to supply a better service , more and more people will run away to other exchange.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Yup i cant restore my 2FA for Poloniex and they will not respond to support tickets, email, facebook, twitter or the phone# i found on them.. Its been right at a month and they have never made contact with me about my issue.

I now have my Attorney on this as i cant access my account that has a little under 13K in it..

I cant wait until Binance opens back up for new accounts...

STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM POLONIEX!
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
I would imagine only a select few things are an issue in the exchange. Unless you've had experience with poloniex and having your currency withheld orbeing IP banned for no reason, or even having to make an unanswered ticket, then I can't imagine you would experience the ordeal others have. So it's your own risk regardless
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
I haven't had any problems with poloniex. I do feel like it is a bit slow, and you should always save your coins in an offline wallet. It's harder these days with the slow block times and high fees though. Also the good hardware wallets don't support some of the new coins.
That's only one part of the story. You never know what's truely been going on behind closed doors.
Activity: 303
Merit: 43
I don't see why the would exit scam, they make so much money every single day in fees. All those coins would become tinted and they would have a super hard time washing them and cashing out plus people would probably put huge sums of money on their head. I really just don't see how exit scamming for them would be a smart choise.
Activity: 41
Merit: 793
inactive
Maybe they just got too few staff for too many tickets - thats what I could imagine why it takes so much time to get an answer.
However that doesn't really matter as people may lose much money because of this delay.
probably just unreliable.
Activity: 291
Merit: 15
*edit: he _will_ get what's coming to him. I'm definitely filing a lawsuit against them when I get back to the U.S. My next thread will be enlisting people to join a class action lawsuit against them. And we will win.
Which state? Did you sign up from your phili or US address?
Maybe this is problem?
(Of course this is not excuse for banning you and taking your funds)
Activity: 218
Merit: 100
I left Poloniex when they went down for ddos attacks few months ago. I left them and moved to bittrex.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
YoBit is much better.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
https://www.whois.com/whois/poloniex.com

Dunno if this info will help at all

DOMAIN INFORMATION
Domain:poloniex.com
Registrar:NetEarth One Inc. d/b/a NetEarth
Registration Date:2014-01-10
Expiration Date:2019-01-10
Updated Date:2015-12-13
Name Servers:chuck.ns.cloudflare.com
uma.ns.cloudflare.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT
Name:Tristan D'Agosta
Organization:Poloniex, Inc.
Street:5 Middlesex Ave, 4th Floor, Suite 400
City:Somerville
State:Massachusetts
Postal Code:02145
Phone:+1.3025186536
Email:[email protected]

ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT
TECHNICAL CONTACT

Other emails they have:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Yes that actually may be quite useful.

I bet gleb could trace that rat to his current hiding hole.

I saw someone here had 200k XDN locked there so thats 20K usd or greater today that may be worth 5k or 2 K time tristan gives it back if he ever does. That is a lot of stress for a normal individual.

May even be worth putting it with some serious debt collection people for half and half .... tristan is probably some little nerd who would shit bricks at the first sight of anyone real wanting their money back. Of course only stern words will be required with such weasels to get him to do the right thing.

I notice polo are creating their own markets by cutting of access to the coin.. vcash trades for half on there compared to bittrex because they cut the wallet access of for MONTHS. I bet they making the MAX on that situation too.
Pages:
Jump to: