Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex Preparing for an Exit Scam! DO _NOT_ SEND COINS THERE! - page 5. (Read 1773 times)

Activity: 396
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com
Seriously, if an exchange has bad support and it takes a month to get an answer for a small problem, it makes no sense to trade there. What the hell are we supposed to do if something goes wrong?

Poloniex used to be huge in early 2017, but they couldn't take the inflow of new users. Their servers started lagging in mid-2017 and their support screwed up and they lost the exchange war (mostly to bittrex, which is doing the same mistakes in 2018, with all the no new registrations and disabled accounts problems! lol).
what on earth just happened to poloniex, at first their site is so easy to use and their support is so approachable, and then many users have come and used poloniex. but why there are so many issues suddenly appear to it.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
I always had psychic, bad vibes about both Bittrex and Poloniex. Their whole website just looked like a scammy homemade WIX template website.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Tell me please in Poloniex you can enter and withdraw currency in Fiat (dollars or rubles or euros)? If you can not recommend which exchange?
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
I have been using poloniex for the past 22 month and I have never have any couse to complain as most of my transactions do went through successfully. I think there issues with customers services is what I have not experienced and I think it is something they should improve on.
Activity: 886
Merit: 510
Seriously, if an exchange has bad support and it takes a month to get an answer for a small problem, it makes no sense to trade there. What the hell are we supposed to do if something goes wrong?

Poloniex used to be huge in early 2017, but they couldn't take the inflow of new users. Their servers started lagging in mid-2017 and their support screwed up and they lost the exchange war (mostly to bittrex, which is doing the same mistakes in 2018, with all the no new registrations and disabled accounts problems! lol).
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
deym, I hope this is not true. Now I'm starting to think twice if I should deposit or withdraw all of my funds there. tsk.  Sad
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
It seems to me that exchanges should more closely check the new ICO before adding coins to their list.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I have about 200k XDN coins there stuck since nearly a year now. The wallet status is saying "temporarily disabled" and not much I can do about it, really sad to see this especially since XDN is getting pumped really hard now..
I have written countless support tickets and no answer..

Ouch... that's a lot of coins. I sincerely recommend threatening them with legal action. That's about all you can do. But you have to make it sounds smart, and serious. Granted I think being an asshole doesn't get me very far in life, but what's yours is yours. They can't just keep your money. That's illegal in every sense of U.S. law.

I firmly believe they simply don't have the coins to give you. They sold them all already. Thats why its "temporarily disabled." You'll probably get them back when/if the price tanks.
Activity: 33
You guys should check out BLOCKNET.
100% trustless DEX with Atomic Swaps working already
UI release hopefully this month

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Polo is too old and dead I have a feeling that most of their volume may be boot. Most people including me left last year I think binance is the best exchange for now. I prefer decentralised exchanges.   
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
There are always many issues with different exchanges. As these exchanges grow bigger, their customer service unfortunately cannot keep up with the growth in volume.
Binance is a good and top exchange in the world now, hope they don't face the same problem.
Activity: 308
what the hell!!!!! i didnt see any problem, now i saw, thanks for share, we should leave poloniex,, what about bittrex is it good???
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I never had a problem with poloniex and I have been using them since beginning and any misunderstanding must be investigated cause in the end its your money, not theirs.
Activity: 274
Merit: 101
Didn't use Polo and never will. I hate that site since the news how it going down every time there is a big show in the crypto world.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

The best thing I did was go on REDDIT and ping a Moderator for Poloniex and I got a response fairly quickly.

OK thanks this is useful advice. I will try this.

So after 4 months of sending only 2 emails. -They responded and dealt with the case quickly.

That statement is rather oxymoronic, and I mean that in the nicest of ways.

So relax, if trade is pending. Cancel it and try resend. I find that helped sometimes it happens.

Its not pending. It says "COMPLETE: ERROR."

No tx ID so obviously they didn't send it anywhere. No response, no nothing. Guess I'll head on over to Reddit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
These exchange was already dead for me,it has a lot of issues inthe past thats why i switched to bittrex.
Activity: 284
Merit: 112
It is true that they have the worst support in the industry now, but until now I must tell that all my withdrawals have run smoothly. I would not leave there parked too much money though, in fact I leave none.
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
I also started to fear with poloniex, not just once I had problems there, some time ago I deposit, until now no incoming funds, not even recorded in transaction history, I hope poloniex can be better and not a scam, because I put all my funds in there..  Undecided
Activity: 453
Merit: 100
Same thing happened to me, but I think they have so much work that they cannot do all this...

What you should try to do is to cancel that order put in other coin and try to withraw that coin down from poloniex...

The thing is that there could be also some problem with your coins, adress you sended, etc...

For me the thing happened like this(but also like 2-3 month back...) I tryed to withraw 150$ in some currency, but I inserted wrong adress(lucky me was 1 letter less so poloniex didn't even send those coins)  After a while(when I thought I lost all those coins, I went to look on history page, and there was that withrawal still with cancel option, so i canceled, and tryed to withraw with real adress, but also after 1 day still pending... so I wrote a ticket, but after 3-6 day still nothing I took things in my hands, so I sold those currency that wouldn't withraw, Bought digibytes, sended digybytes to other cryptocurrency exchange, and there bought those that I needed...

gl to you all, I don't store more than 2k on exchanges, probobly because I don't have much atm. Smiley
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
Presale is live!
Thanks for the explanation i am a newbie in crypto Trading having couple of months expereince i was considering poloniex is one of the best exchange i created account in poloniex but dint start trading till now .
Pages:
Jump to: