Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex Preparing for an Exit Scam! DO _NOT_ SEND COINS THERE! - page 6. (Read 1773 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
in my opinion when someone is going to deceive the other for money, he does it suddenly, the situation with POLO is really unpleasant, but I recently withdrew from there funds and not some obstacles in my way not met, although many times I heard that with POLO problems with output
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Buddy,

You need to calm down! They are a huge company that is severely understaffed.

My Dads email got hacked and he had over 20,000$ in USD in his account. It took over 4 months for a reply.

The best thing I did was go on REDDIT and ping a Moderator for Poloniex and I got a response fairly quickly.

My emails and PC for RAT'd and after re-installing his email was unrecoverable.

So after 4 months of sending only 2 emails. -They responded and dealt with the case quickly. Transfered from a yahoo to a hotmail account all the funds.

So relax, if trade is pending. Cancel it and try resend. I find that helped sometimes it happens.

But yeah:

Waited 4 months to resolve this issue although it was a serious issue. All funds are secured now with new login that was transfered. Just had to send pictures holding piece of paper with Poloniex + Date and ID. Smiley
Activity: 42
Despite the fact that I have been a customer with them for almost 4 years, Poloniex is refusing to allow the withdrawal over $2,000 worth of coins from my account. Yes, I have a Legacy Account. Yes, I created a Support Ticket over 1 month ago. Now they are just sitting on my money and there is no way to contact a real human being there. So whatever you do, DON'T USE POLONIEX. They will likely just sit on your money until they run away with it all.

Want proof? Here you go:

They will gladly take your money, even though I don't really understand what this means. 12 of 12 confirmations and still pending... Hmmm...

https://i.imgur.com/GYmvTgY.png

Here is me trying to withdraw BTC from my XRP trade, after clicking the verification email link to confirm its me and I really do want to make this withdrawal. As you can see, the withdraw request was made over 24 hours ago and despite what is says in their "Support" section (what a corruption of the word), I have not been contacted by anybody. Obviously they have my email address, so why no follow-up?

https://i.imgur.com/5pldnKv.png

Here's me re-visiting the withdraw request link in my email, just so you can see that I actually received the email, and I clicked it again thinking maybe I didn't click it the first time (even though I did), after all, it says "Awaiting Approval" for my withdrawal status.

https://i.imgur.com/BNIQ0xw.png

Here's what Poloniex has to say after I clicked the link in my email. "Oops" is right. Assholes. (Them, not you.)

https://i.imgur.com/1y0Hjlz.png

Finally, here's an example of how slow and useless their support team is. I would say this is proof they are either readying for an exit scam or else practicing fractional reserve banking, which means they don't actually have the coins to send me. As you can see I created these tickets an entire month ago and have received NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER from them.

https://i.imgur.com/d4t6ljr.png

No telephone number. No email address. Nothing to do except for sit and wait and pray.

TL;DR - DON'T USE POLONIEX OR COUNT ON THEM TO OFFER _ANY_ BIT OF SUPPORT!

Relax. They are not scammers, I've had more than that locked up and was out of my account for over a week and a half. Back and forth emails. The best way I can describe their customer support would be, super slow military security. Make sure you follow all the instructions. If you fuck up, it will slow the process down considerably.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
The sad thing about all this is the noobs getting into crypto will be using Polo to buy alts.  If they continue to delay withdrawals or worse, not giving their customers their money, then I'm afraid this will give crypto a bad name.

Once that happens, the FUD starts not from your usual sock puppets on here, but from mainstream media.  I hope they get their sh*t together.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I have about 200k XDN coins there stuck since nearly a year now. The wallet status is saying "temporarily disabled" and not much I can do about it, really sad to see this especially since XDN is getting pumped really hard now..
I have written countless support tickets and no answer..
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1008
for few years people start to talk about poloniex problems and still continue.
And some other people don't listen community and still continue to invest in poloniex.
We need decentralized exchanges as soon as possible with large liquidity.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
It costs more than $2000 to hire a lawyer in the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_se_legal_representation_in_the_United_States

I've done it before. I've won in court before.
Activity: 18
Not true, I can use my lawyer that I pay $25 a month for.

Legalshield
Activity: 503
Merit: 286
If you are a legacy account and didn't send a required documents for proper verifiction, your limit would still be $2000. If the limit of $2000 limit still not changed, it means they didn't process your application yet. In terms of support, i agree that their costumer service really sucks just like yobit. If you can afford to go to US you can sue them. Make sure you bring your proper documents and hire a good lawyer.

It costs more than $2000 to hire a lawyer in the US.
legendary

I think we need to locate the owners full name and address and bring forth legal action against him for financial losses.

Damn that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that. The name of the owner is Tristan D'Agosta:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wanted-tristan-dagosta-of-poloniexcom-is-cheater-817310

He goes by the moniker Busoni, and you gotta love his Trust Rating. Probably why he stopped posting here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-poloniex-crypto-exchange-with-btcnxt-420836

I know people with 100's of thousands of dollars trapped there.

they need to re open for withdrawal bbr, xdn and xcn else this page will stay on page 1.

Glad they released some of your funds

Yeah they are a total horseshit company and I don't recommend anybody use them.

I do recommend everybody withdraw their funds immediately before the panic really sets in, because after it does, and it comes to light that they indeed practice fractional reserve banking and are on the verge of an Exit Scam, your coins will also be as good as gone, because they will actually, indeed, already be gone.

Its obvious they don't have the amount of coins they claim is traded on their site on a daily basis. You'd have to be a complete moron to remain oblivious to this.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
I have a legacy account since 2013 and after hearing about them having legacy account owners to upgrade to verified with documents, I have been withdrawing around $2k in ETH each day. So far everything has been going through.

For the IP ban, few months ago they gave me a 24 hours IP ban because I was logging in from different devices in different location.

I'm still going to use Poloniex and get my documents in. Hopefully everything will be resolved for you. Good luck.
Activity: 364
Merit: 107
XDN
XCN
BBR

all confiscated on polo

they have closed the wallets and will not allow withdrawal for months

I think we need to locate the owners full name and address and bring forth legal action against him for financial losses.

Thank you for these warnings. I had just opened a poloniex account, this is why diversifying exchanges is so important. Scary how much power the exchanges still have over the industry

Poloniex used to be the best choice to trade cryptocurrency for a long time.
They gradually lose their reputation is the past year.
I'd suggest you not trade there if you haven't yet.

I do not know if the accusations of exit scam is true, but if it is true,  since Poloniex is one of the well known trading platform in the market it will be a disaster. There could be possible law suits from its users.

This type of complain should be addressed right away specially they are dealing with peoples money.

No wonder why they are reputation.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
XDN
XCN
BBR

all confiscated on polo

Damn that really sucks. Sorry to hear about that. The name of the owner is Tristan D'Agosta:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wanted-tristan-dagosta-of-poloniexcom-is-cheater-817310

He goes by the moniker Busoni, and you gotta love his Trust Rating. Probably why he stopped posting here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-poloniex-crypto-exchange-with-btcnxt-420836

For the record, they released about half of my money so far, but only after I added this gem to my support ticket:

"Can't you at least have the courtesy to explain to me why you are making my life a living hell?

You don't understand the depths of the direness of my financial problems right now. Why are you compounding them without explanation? What's going on over there? Federal investigation? Exit scam? Both??? Why not a PEEP from you guys despite the fact that your Support section says that you will notify customers within 24 hours after receiving a support ticket? That's obviously untrue and a lie and legally actionable. I've screenshotted all of your rules and I will demonstrate in court how you violated your own Terms of Service by refusing to release my funds or at least address the reasoning why you aren't releasing them."

So yes, threatening legal action is seemingly the only way to get their attention. They're still sitting on several hundred dollars worth of my coins though.

I know people with 100's of thousands of dollars trapped there.

they need to re open for withdrawal bbr, xdn and xcn else this page will stay on page 1.

Glad they released some of your funds
Activity: 851
Merit: 254
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
thanks for warn us, i used poloniex for exchange burst coin, not used for other transaction
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Sounds bad, but their customer service has always been really bad imo. I had to wait 2 months before I heard something back from them, and this was years ago.
Activity: 18
I transferred ETH to my ETH address and it's just sitting there and hasn't been transferred to my account wallet. Their customer support is non existent.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
XDN
XCN
BBR

all confiscated on polo

Thank you for these warnings. I had just opened a poloniex account, this is why diversifying exchanges is so important. Scary how much power the exchanges still have over the industry

Poloniex used to be the best choice to trade cryptocurrency for a long time.
They gradually lose their reputation is the past year.
I'd suggest you not trade there if you haven't yet.
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
XDN
XCN
BBR

all confiscated on polo

legendary
XDN
XCN
BBR

all confiscated on polo

For the record, they released about half of my money so far, but only after I added this gem to my support ticket:

"Can't you at least have the courtesy to explain to me why you are making my life a living hell?

You don't understand the depths of the direness of my financial problems right now. Why are you compounding them without explanation? What's going on over there? Federal investigation? Exit scam? Both??? Why not a PEEP from you guys despite the fact that your Support section says that you will notify customers within 24 hours after receiving a support ticket? That's obviously untrue and a lie and legally actionable. I've screenshotted all of your rules and I will demonstrate in court how you violated your own Terms of Service by refusing to release my funds or at least address the reasoning why you aren't releasing them."

So yes, threatening legal action is seemingly the only way to get their attention. They're still sitting on several hundred dollars worth of my coins though.
Activity: 7
I've Livecoin account which has so far been good but doesn't carry some alts I wanted
Have Binance account which won't let me withdraw two coins at the moment, due to "maintenance"
Have a Bittrex account where I'd like to consolidate all coins but not sure what to do at this point..................shit.......
Pages:
Jump to: