Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 159. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 254
What?  Waffle isn't mining on GHash.

I have no issue with being incorrect; however, there was an announcement on the main waffle site stating that it would be taking advantage of the 2x rewards. Every time the ghash.io jumps, waffle hash loses 20gh. Could be a single miner or could be proxying to ghash. I'm just going on observation and the announcement.

When we were mining on GHash, the hashrate was counted on the pool locally as well (we recorded the proxied shares as local shares). Smiley
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

I have no issue with being incorrect; however, there was an announcement on the main waffle site stating that it would be taking advantage of the 2x rewards. Every time the ghash.io jumps, waffle hash loses 20gh. Could be a single miner or could be proxying to ghash. I'm just going on observation and the announcement.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Please, gentlemen, lets not turn this thread into the MC thread all over again.
My apologizes, I'll stop now.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Please, gentlemen, lets not turn this thread into the MC thread all over again.
Thank you for reminding me why I should not continue to waste my time on these forums.  I have encountered some very intelligent people here, but you are most certainly not one of them.  They have also shown themselves to be smarter than me, for I was stupid enough to engage you.  Best of luck to you in your life.  You're going to need it with that inflated ego (unwarranted) and sense of entitlement (to larger bonuses at ghash and presumably elsewhere).

Activity: 434
Thank you for reminding me why I should not continue to waste my time on these forums.  I have encountered some very intelligent people here, but you are most certainly not one of them.  They have also shown themselves to be smarter than me, for I was stupid enough to engage you.  Best of luck to you in your life.  You're going to need it with that inflated ego (unwarranted) and sense of entitlement (to larger bonuses at ghash and presumably elsewhere).

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
You are forming a conclusion and searching for data to support it.  And where you cannot find any, you are just making some up.

And in doing so, you are proving Einstein correct.  It was convenient for you to include his statement in your post.

Didn't make anything up, I even spoon fed you the data. Guess it was to much for you to handle. Can't blame you though, math is hard, especially when you need to add up more than 2 numbers, and than even divide!
Next time I'll try and draw pictures for you, maybe it'll help.

Why would nobody else have left wafflepool for 125-200% at ghash.io?
Some did, it could very well be that in the average of mine some MH of it are of random people (actually quite plausible) but how many, I dunno, that's why I did average, to see the big swings, which is more than likely cause by the 1 guy.

Could be that he has exactly 20GHs and than the 0.6 GH- 2.5GH is caused by random miners. Doesn't change much though.

Thank you for reminding me why I should not continue to waste my time on these forums.  I have encountered some very intelligent people here, but you are most certainly not one of them.  They have also shown themselves to be smarter than me, for I was stupid enough to engage you.  Best of luck to you in your life.  You're going to need it with that inflated ego (unwarranted) and sense of entitlement (to larger bonuses at ghash and presumably elsewhere).
You are forming a conclusion and searching for data to support it.  And where you cannot find any, you are just making some up.

And in doing so, you are proving Einstein correct.  It was convenient for you to include his statement in your post.

Didn't make anything up, I even spoon fed you the data. Guess it was to much for you to handle. Can't blame you though, math is hard, especially when you need to add up more than 2 numbers, and than even divide!
Next time I'll try and draw pictures for you, maybe it'll help.

Why would nobody else have left wafflepool for 125-200% at ghash.io?
Some did, it could very well be that in the average of mine some MH of it are of random people (actually quite plausible) but how many, I dunno, that's why I did average, to see the big swings, which is more than likely cause by the 1 guy.

Could be that he has exactly 20GHs and than the 0.6 GH- 2.5GH is caused by random miners. Doesn't change much though.
Activity: 168
Your logic makes absolutely no sense.  We've only seen just under 20GH/s from sfire around here.  So using your numbers (if they are true -- I'm not going to check them because it's not necessary in order to make this point), during the 12.8% of the time that the pool was slightly above 25GH/s, he was not causing the multiplier to drop.  During the 45.2% of the time it was below 25GH/s, he was not causing the multiplier to drop.  And during the 42% of the time that it was above 45GH/s, he still wasn't causing the multiplier to drop!  If you're to make any case at all, you need to be focusing on the times the pool hashpower was just UNDER 45GH/s, and then your argument would have a leg to stand on, but even then, he can mine wherever the heck is most profitable for himself, as he made investments in equipment just like we all did.  You're not special.  (unless you choose to pronounce it the funny way.)

Aha. So just under 20GH/s according to you? Because on waffle (and that's the fact I got in my head) every time he joins the pools GH increases by 23~

I'll even make it easy for you:

Step 1: Go here: http://wafflepool.com/stats and do the average for Mar 11, 2014, Mar 12, 2014, Mar 13, 2014, Mar 14, 2014, Mar 15, 2014 and than subtract the pools average without him.
*Keep in mind that on Mar 14th the pools hashrate was at an awkward average, so if you decide to include it you'll get 20.6, if you don't you'll get: 22.5 (pool averages at 12~ when he isn't around).

Step 2: Reread your post and realize that either way he doesn't contribute less than 20GH/s to waffle unless he has extra GH/s orbiting him because he's a fucking planet.

Step 3: Understand that the 45GH nor the 25GH I wrote were absolute, and how could they be? They should easily be referred to as 42GH-46GH and 23GH-25GH.

Step 4: Admit that you were wrong and all is forgiven.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein (c).

Why would nobody else have left wafflepool for 125-200% at ghash.io?  You are forming a conclusion and searching for data to support it.  And where you cannot find any, you are just making some up.

I will counter your Einstein with Hawking.  The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, but the illusion of knowledge.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

bring the drama !

Do you really think we need a picture of a cat around here?

The internet gives everyone a place to voice their opinion.  The problem is everyone has an opinion.  And some have pictures of cats.

My opinion is:  I like the picture...  Wink
Activity: 129

bring the drama !

Do you really think we need a picture of a cat around here?

The internet gives everyone a place to voice their opinion.  The problem is everyone has an opinion.  And some have pictures of cats.

At least is Drama in 3D! Smiley

LPC! Smiley
Your logic makes absolutely no sense.  We've only seen just under 20GH/s from sfire around here.  So using your numbers (if they are true -- I'm not going to check them because it's not necessary in order to make this point), during the 12.8% of the time that the pool was slightly above 25GH/s, he was not causing the multiplier to drop.  During the 45.2% of the time it was below 25GH/s, he was not causing the multiplier to drop.  And during the 42% of the time that it was above 45GH/s, he still wasn't causing the multiplier to drop!  If you're to make any case at all, you need to be focusing on the times the pool hashpower was just UNDER 45GH/s, and then your argument would have a leg to stand on, but even then, he can mine wherever the heck is most profitable for himself, as he made investments in equipment just like we all did.  You're not special.  (unless you choose to pronounce it the funny way.)

Aha. So just under 20GH/s according to you? Because on waffle (and that's the fact I got in my head) every time he joins the pools GH increases by 23~

I'll even make it easy for you:

Step 1: Go here: http://wafflepool.com/stats and do the average for Mar 11, 2014, Mar 12, 2014, Mar 13, 2014, Mar 14, 2014, Mar 15, 2014 and than subtract the pools average without him.
*Keep in mind that on Mar 14th the pools hashrate was at an awkward average, so if you decide to include it you'll get 20.6, if you don't you'll get: 22.5 (pool averages at 12~ when he isn't around).

Step 2: Reread your post and realize that either way he doesn't contribute less than 20GH/s to waffle unless he has extra GH/s orbiting him because he's a fucking planet.

Step 3: Understand that the 45GH nor the 25GH I wrote were absolute, and how could they be? They should easily be referred to as 42GH-46GH and 23GH-25GH. So if it was 24.97 to 43.32 than it would be a difference of 18.35 which would fit whatever.

Step 4: Admit that you were wrong and all is forgiven.

See what I did there? ^

And I ain't pissed. I couldn't care less if he's there or not, as the 1.25 multiplier is good enough for me anyway.
All I did was stating a fact, all you did was look at the last 100 blocks they mined and came to a very poor conclusion.
If I cared enough I'd wait for a few hours and than point out how the pool is only above the 45GH/s mark (half of the current log is already like that) and how right I am, but I don't care that much.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I think the catcoin was mined yesterday. If its not handled automatically by tomorrow I'll look into it (might just be confirming still - takes a decent bit to dig in).

As for mintcoin, still holding out hope, the guy keeps posting that he's working on getting the stuck withdrawals fixed (ours is this).  So maybe it will fix itself.  I've been holding off removing them and writing it off for now, cause its going to be a bitch to remove and then re-add.  For now, we'll wait about 1 more weke and then handle it.
I recall the catcoin being around for several days, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

Ahh, didn't keep up with the coinmarket happenings well enough.  I thought the coins were just sitting on the exchange, not stuck pending withdrawal.  Considering how much value the mintcoin has lost, I'd suggest the pool  take it as a bonus and sit on it for a while (and earn some PoS rewards) to see if the price climbs again with the  coin pure PoS.
Back on topic: WafflePool having a decent day today.

PoolWaffle: is there some stuck catcoin?  I seem to have some unconfirmed catcoin that has been sitting around for a while.  Is it just a long maturation time?

And what's up with the mintcoin we had stuck on coinmarket?  Is that just a lost cause that we can clear from the books?

I think the catcoin was mined yesterday. If its not handled automatically by tomorrow I'll look into it (might just be confirming still - takes a decent bit to dig in).

As for mintcoin, still holding out hope, the guy keeps posting that he's working on getting the stuck withdrawals fixed (ours is this).  So maybe it will fix itself.  I've been holding off removing them and writing it off for now, cause its going to be a bitch to remove and then re-add.  For now, we'll wait about 1 more weke and then handle it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

I have the full history of rounds and blocks since round 1 from GHash.IO (they have cleared stats twice), and sorry, but I am still correct.  The fact remains, sfire has yet to join GHash.IO when the pool is at a 2x bonus and therefore cause the bump to 1.25x.  The pool had consistently sat above 25GH for over 2 hours, and was showing no signs of decreasing anytime soon, when sfire last moved his power there.

Anyway, who cares... sfire would be equally as justified being pissed that he can't make 2x bonus and have everyone else leave the pool.  Guess their team just isn't as childish as some of the posters here.

---

Back on topic: WafflePool having a decent day today.

PoolWaffle: is there some stuck catcoin?  I seem to have some unconfirmed catcoin that has been sitting around for a while.  Is it just a long maturation time?

And what's up with the mintcoin we had stuck on coinmarket?  Is that just a lost cause that we can clear from the books?
The difficulty was changed to 512 in order to improve the efficiency of the servers.  I don't like much it either, but that is the way is it for now.  poolwaffle would likely reduce the difficulty if situations permit, but currently they do not.

You would know this too if you searched the thread.  Search is your friend.
I though the diff changed because the pool cant handle the whale,
now that it is gone, why not?

Very little of it has to do with the "whale" (almost none actually), since his miners almost immediately switch to way above 512 due to the speed (they were at 1024/2048), plus, as soon as we added the d=xxx param in passwords, he immediately put that on them.

The vardiff change happened when everyone switched from MC.  Was just a matter of the server having to keep track of a few hundred miners, and all their recent shares, and mining speeds, and send difficulties out, and then all of a sudden have to handle a few thousand (right now, we're running at about 30k connections/server).  Its just too much to keep track of, and saying "nope, its 512" makes the load acceptable Smiley

So, PW, was this a temporary measure until your pool's design is improved to handle more load? Or, it became a permanent "fix"?

Started out as a temporary measure, turned into more of a permanent one (at least so far).  There really isn't a ton of benefit from vardiff with a pool of this size unfortunately, even if it increases load by 5%, you're looking at another 4 servers (1 per geo region), and the only benefit is slightly more accurate stats.

GHash has been sitting above 25GH fairly consistently, with or without sfire mining there.

false, sfire is the one that put ghash over 25.  there was a hickup yesterday on ghash, where it didnt find a block for 30 minutes or so.  sfire switched back to wafflepool, ghash went below 25.

obviously, even with 1.25x, sfire deems ghash to be more profitable at this particular point.
You aren't watching the GHash offer as closely as I was then... sfire switched back to wafflepool after there was almost 1hr without a block found, ghash then spent a few rounds below 25GH before creeping above 25GH for over 2 hours before sfire put his hashing power back there.  

Everyone rushes to blame the whale... but really, it's ridiculous.

Pool is either <25GH/s or above 45GH/s (+/-).
So wrong... this newb can't even read the stats on the GHash.IO page FFS... At 10:02:01 the pool went over 25GH/s... it stayed there until 12:01:17 (at 1.25x bonus) when sfire moved his hashing power back there and the pool shot up to 45GH.  Small miners pushed it over the 2x bonus mark, and it has nothing to do with sfire.  Yeeesh...

Waffle ensures no 2x reward for a very, very long time. Without them, we were getting plenty of 2x rewards.
Before you badmouth someone go fuckin do some homework scrub. Pool was on a few occasions slightly above 25GH/s. And by slightly I mean 32 times in the last 250 blocks (I actually counted it and recoded it), and it was even less than that if you'd actually been following the pool since the promotion changed to 25GH/s. 1 time the pool averaged at 36 and that's when the big guy moved in again recently.

So for you, since you're a bit retarded, 32 times out of 250 means that 12.8% of the time the pool was slightly above 25GH/s.
Rest of the time it was above 45GH/s (42% of the time) or below 25GH/s (45.2% of the time).

So yeah, sometimes the pool bonus gets shitted on by small miners but not nearly as often as it does with the big one.

Seriously, how fucking of a nut job do you need to be to reply with nothing but badmouthing to people who did nothing but respond properly to you even if disagreeing.
Jump to: