Author

Topic: [POOL][Scrypt][Scrypt-N][X11] Profit switching pool - wafflepool.com - page 160. (Read 465668 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
The difficulty was changed to 512 in order to improve the efficiency of the servers.  I don't like much it either, but that is the way is it for now.  poolwaffle would likely reduce the difficulty if situations permit, but currently they do not.

You would know this too if you searched the thread.  Search is your friend.
I though the diff changed because the pool cant handle the whale,
now that it is gone, why not?

Very little of it has to do with the "whale" (almost none actually), since his miners almost immediately switch to way above 512 due to the speed (they were at 1024/2048), plus, as soon as we added the d=xxx param in passwords, he immediately put that on them.

The vardiff change happened when everyone switched from MC.  Was just a matter of the server having to keep track of a few hundred miners, and all their recent shares, and mining speeds, and send difficulties out, and then all of a sudden have to handle a few thousand (right now, we're running at about 30k connections/server).  Its just too much to keep track of, and saying "nope, its 512" makes the load acceptable Smiley

So, PW, was this a temporary measure until your pool's design is improved to handle more load? Or, it became a permanent "fix"?
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
You could stop accepting stales when the probability of finding a block for a particular coin falls below a threshold (50%?). This will depend on the coin's diff and pool's hashrate still on it.

Wat?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

GHash has been sitting above 25GH fairly consistently, with or without sfire mining there.

false, sfire is the one that put ghash over 25.  there was a hickup yesterday on ghash, where it didnt find a block for 30 minutes or so.  sfire switched back to wafflepool, ghash went below 25.

obviously, even with 1.25x, sfire deems ghash to be more profitable at this particular point.
You aren't watching the GHash offer as closely as I was then... sfire switched back to wafflepool after there was almost 1hr without a block found, ghash then spent a few rounds below 25GH before creeping above 25GH for over 2 hours before sfire put his hashing power back there.  

Everyone rushes to blame the whale... but really, it's ridiculous.

Pool is either <25GH/s or above 45GH/s (+/-).
So wrong... this newb can't even read the stats on the GHash.IO page FFS... At 10:02:01 the pool went over 25GH/s... it stayed there until 12:01:17 (at 1.25x bonus) when sfire moved his hashing power back there and the pool shot up to 45GH.  Small miners pushed it over the 2x bonus mark, and it has nothing to do with sfire.  Yeeesh...

Waffle ensures no 2x reward for a very, very long time. Without them, we were getting plenty of 2x rewards.
What?  Waffle isn't mining on GHash.
Activity: 322
Merit: 254
The difficulty was changed to 512 in order to improve the efficiency of the servers.  I don't like much it either, but that is the way is it for now.  poolwaffle would likely reduce the difficulty if situations permit, but currently they do not.

Very little of it has to do with the "whale" (almost none actually), since his miners almost immediately switch to way above 512 due to the speed (they were at 1024/2048), plus, as soon as we added the d=xxx param in passwords, he immediately put that on them.

The vardiff change happened when everyone switched from MC.  Was just a matter of the server having to keep track of a few hundred miners, and all their recent shares, and mining speeds, and send difficulties out, and then all of a sudden have to handle a few thousand (right now, we're running at about 30k connections/server).  Its just too much to keep track of, and saying "nope, its 512" makes the load acceptable Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
GHash has been sitting above 25GH fairly consistently, with or without sfire mining there.
That's not correct. I am following the pool on an hourly basis and I can tell you in all certainty that whoever this 20GH guy is, he's the one that gets GHash.IO above 25GH/s to 45GH/s +/-.

Pool is either <25GH/s or above 45GH/s (+/-).
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

false, sfire is the one that put ghash over 25.  there was a hickup yesterday on ghash, where it didnt find a block for 30 minutes or so.  sfire switched back to wafflepool, ghash went below 25.

obviously, even with 1.25x, sfire deems ghash to be more profitable at this particular point.

Can't blame a pool for seeking profits, but does not change the uncool factor for 2x lover's like me. lol. Only 2 days left, well, closer to 3.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Well that's just incredibly insightful. Waffle ensures no 2x reward for a very, very long time. Without them, we were getting plenty of 2x rewards.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
because the whale will be back soon , he comes and goes all the time , he cant predict when he will be back and the last thing we want is servers crashing.
No... actually, "the whale" is a proportionately small load for the stratum server.  It's small miners that overload the server at lower difficulties.  If you want to bitch at someone about the 512 fixed diff, you should really be complaining about the people mining at <1MH and causing the majority of server load...

He'll be back. He's currently raping the ghash.io 2x reward down to 1.25 single handed... pretty sweet.

And just how is his mining at ghash.io equivalent to rape?  Would you please care to explain using some analogy including Hitler?

Check out the ghash.io promo and I think you would understand  Wink
He'll be back. He's currently raping the ghash.io 2x reward down to 1.25 single handed... pretty sweet.

And just how is his mining at ghash.io equivalent to rape?  Would you please care to explain using some analogy including Hitler?

Check out the ghash.io promo and I think you would understand  Wink

Yes, incredibly uncool. lol.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
Now thats the whale is gone, can you please change the diff again?
at least for now, until he's back.

because the whale will be back soon , he comes and goes all the time , he cant predict when he will be back and the last thing we want is servers crashing.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but our btc per MH has improved since the whale left.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 168

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

The whale's not gone, he's probably just busy making arrangements to bring another 5 megawatts of electricity into his server farm...

Activity: 44

The whale's not gone, he's probably just busy making arrangements to bring another 5 megawatts of electricity into his server farm...

1.21 gigawatts!
Activity: 28

Activity: 155

exactly man
Jump to: