Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 150. (Read 240346 times)

sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
So no real date announced. And I think they dont really care...I guess it will take months until they fork...unfortunately.

Also note that:

Monero changed their algorithm.

Sumokoin changed their algorithm.

Aeon estimated for 7th of April.

Stellite forked.

Graft scheduled to 16th of April, the block height will be announced on 9th of April.

Even Turtle (trtl) announced that they will fork on 15th of April.

Anyone hear about Turtle? Smiley

I don't think they do not care, maybe they don't have qualified programmers yet. Or are just bad at public relations. I hope it's one of those.

It is announced in the latest blog post. There are no dates but I think it's clear that next update will be soon.

ASICS are nothing to worry about – we have ASIC resistance in the next update – which will be before the ASIC chips are widely available
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
So no real date announced. And I think they dont really care...I guess it will take months until they fork...unfortunately.

Also note that:

Monero changed their algorithm.

Sumokoin changed their algorithm.

Aeon estimated for 7th of April.

Stellite forked.

Graft scheduled to 16th of April, the block height will be announced on 9th of April.

Even Turtle (trtl) announced that they will fork on 15th of April.

Anyone hear about Turtle? Smiley

I don't think they do not care, maybe they don't have qualified programmers yet. Or are just bad at public relations. I hope it's one of those.
Activity: 21
I checked mobile app
it seems that it does not mine at all Huh
i check cpu gpu usage of my mobile and there are nothing from ELECTRONEUM app
just show a hashrate and reward people due to their download from google play
Anyone have any idea?!

Yes!! It works perfectly fine according to their whitepaper.
What are you unhappy about? I don't get your point.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Thanks to everyone for your support regarding our latest Patent news. if you missed out on our Friday update drop by our blog.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaR1lahX0AAnRU3.jpg

I still do not understand, how they can use Samsung logo just like that, unless they have some kind of contract with them?

This was mentioned before, it is rather interesting. Unless they have made a mistake by not using a generic image, there could be something in it.

I have been confused about that for a while. There are many unbranded phones they could have used, but the fact that they continue to use it in posts, the posters from the stand at MWC18 and not just the website anymore, makes me think they ought to have some sort of approval from Samsung. I do hope there is something behind it.

Maybe it is a little bit more than just "approval" there could be a much closer link between Samsung and Electroneum, think advertising, a nice little earner for Electroneum to advertise Samsung products.

But there was no official statement yet, i wonder...
There is no official approval, but there is a statement of the CEO about some kind of cooperation. I think we should just wait...

Do you have an information, where did you see this statement?
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
I checked mobile app
it seems that it does not mine at all Huh
i check cpu gpu usage of my mobile and there are nothing from ELECTRONEUM app
just show a hashrate and reward people due to their download from google play
Anyone have any idea?!

You are not happy that the mobile app can't do real mining? But if it was the case, you would receive maybe 1 ETN each 2-3 months and your phone would broke faster.
I think you should be happy that Electroneum is giving free ETN with the app without using any ressources on your phone. Except some disk space and the network to just verify the connection with the server.
You should look at it as a mini-game who reward people who use it. It is a "mining simulator".
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Guys last weekend I should've received 10 coins from the mobile miner, but as much as I refresh the wallet page in the mobile miner, they do not show up. I even logged into electroneum.com and waited for it to sync, but still nothing came up? What is causing this issue?
Me too, my phone finished mining 10 coins yesterday. But today morning the coins are still not in my wallet. I did refresh the wallet. I don't know if the distribution of reward is slower or it is a problem on the ETN network. On Friday, it was near instantly distributed.
Activity: 294
Thanks to everyone for your support regarding our latest Patent news. if you missed out on our Friday update drop by our blog.

I still do not understand, how they can use Samsung logo just like that, unless they have some kind of contract with them?

This was mentioned before, it is rather interesting. Unless they have made a mistake by not using a generic image, there could be something in it.

I have been confused about that for a while. There are many unbranded phones they could have used, but the fact that they continue to use it in posts, the posters from the stand at MWC18 and not just the website anymore, makes me think they ought to have some sort of approval from Samsung. I do hope there is something behind it.

Maybe it is a little bit more than just "approval" there could be a much closer link between Samsung and Electroneum, think advertising, a nice little earner for Electroneum to advertise Samsung products.

There is no official approval, but there is a statement of the CEO about some kind of cooperation. I think we should just wait...
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
ETN need to update your algo and protect the netowrk to ASIC, part of the have migrate to ETN network.

From the Electroneum blog (https://electroneum.com/2018/04/06/electroneum-tech-update-instant-payment-patent-more/):

"ASIC Resistance
There seems to be a lot of misinformation circulating about ASICS. ASICS are a type of computer chip designed to do just one job and do it well. There is a new ASIC out that enables owners of those machines to mine ETN at a much higher hashrate than GPU miners, however there are currently only very limited numbers of them, and they are not available to purchase at the moment (they are not easy to buy, we are trying to get some for testing). The next batch are due out in June. We will have our ASIC resistance in place before they become a potential problem to us."

baikal offered today: Buy 1 get 4 free... lol
Activity: 80
ETN need to update your algo and protect the netowrk to ASIC, part of the have migrate to ETN network.

From the Electroneum blog (https://electroneum.com/2018/04/06/electroneum-tech-update-instant-payment-patent-more/):

"ASIC Resistance
There seems to be a lot of misinformation circulating about ASICS. ASICS are a type of computer chip designed to do just one job and do it well. There is a new ASIC out that enables owners of those machines to mine ETN at a much higher hashrate than GPU miners, however there are currently only very limited numbers of them, and they are not available to purchase at the moment (they are not easy to buy, we are trying to get some for testing). The next batch are due out in June. We will have our ASIC resistance in place before they become a potential problem to us."

Activity: 443
Merit: 13
Guys last weekend I should've received 10 coins from the mobile miner, but as much as I refresh the wallet page in the mobile miner, they do not show up. I even logged into electroneum.com and waited for it to sync, but still nothing came up? What is causing this issue?
Activity: 714
Merit: 611
Yesterday I've noticed nice hashrate growth on my mobile. It increase from 15 to 30 hashes (100%) Grin Grin Grin Grin. Has anyone noticed the same phenomeon???

Yeah to be honest this is pretty intersting. So your hashrate did not just increase a little bit it doubled ! Did you maybe do an software update for your phone or the mining app ?

Richard explained in their last facebook live video they would update the mobile mining algorithm to increase the hashrate of lower power phones so it looks like they implemented that.

It's really nice of them  Grin
The funny thing is that now my A5 moblie "mines" (i'd rather say "pretends to mine") 10-15% better than my FX8320 cpu
even if mobile shows 30 h/s and cpu shows 425 h/s  Smiley
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

Activity: 202
Merit: 11
Activity: 75

It is not 4x more profitable to mine monero because hash rate of cryptonight is much higher that has rate of cryptonight heavy which monero uses now.

ASICS were note used on monero network. It was because monero used cryptonight. Just try to mine monero or sumokoin with the same hardware you've used to mine in the past. You will notice a big drop on your hashrate.

Note: you will need a miner that knows cryptonight heavy.

Thanks for reply.
It is a lot more than 4x profitable, now. Monero now use Crptonight v7, and YES, hashrate is almost the same.
Sumokoin use Cryptonight Heavy, (some more coins will accept it tommorow), and You are right, hashrate are lower than native Cryptonight (v6)  Wink

I thought monero uses cryptonight heavy. Hmm, let me try on monero, let's see how well can be mined on an AMD FX 6300.

Thanx for the corrections!

Update:
- mining Electroneum with 270 hs/s (amd fx 6300)
- mining Sumokoin with 129 hs/s setting the miner to use 3 threads (instead of previously 80hs/s when using 6 threads)
- mining Monero with 260 hs/s (so it is a little bit slower but not by much)
I think it is impossible to be a mistake, because at least Samsung would not let it use the logo and actual image of the phone just like that.

Has anyone asked this question on telegram?
Activity: 280
Merit: 106

Activity: 301
Merit: 31

It is not 4x more profitable to mine monero because hash rate of cryptonight is much higher that has rate of cryptonight heavy which monero uses now.

ASICS were note used on monero network. It was because monero used cryptonight. Just try to mine monero or sumokoin with the same hardware you've used to mine in the past. You will notice a big drop on your hashrate.

Note: you will need a miner that knows cryptonight heavy.

Thanks for reply.
It is a lot more than 4x profitable, now. Monero now use Crptonight v7, and YES, hashrate is almost the same.
Sumokoin use Cryptonight Heavy, (some more coins will accept it tommorow), and You are right, hashrate are lower than native Cryptonight (v6)  Wink
Jump to: