Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 156. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 426
Merit: 11
news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

The ETN (Electroneum) wallet on Cryptopia is now open for Deposits and Withdrawals again.

If you are depositing, please be aware that the deposit address HAS CHANGED (but not your payment ID).

PLEASE check your deposit page before depositing, as any deposits sent to the old address may face significant delays and at some point will stop being credited. Read on for more details.

What happened?

Cryptopia’s wallet has sent and received well over a million ETN transactions, which resulted in the wallet file growing to 4.6 GB. After restarting to apply an update, the wallet daemon refused to load this file, complaining it was “invalid”. We dug through the code and found there was a hardcoded limit on the wallet file size of 1 GB, inherited from Monero. It would happily save a wallet file this size but refused to load it.

Patching out that check makes it clear why this limit was there, the wallet daemon is very sluggish with a wallet file that large. It takes around 40 hours to load. Generating small transactions of 10,000 ETN takes several minutes. The time it takes to load this wallet and send transactions gets longer and longer as more and more transactions go into it.

Worse, generating larger transactions would cause the wallet daemon to segfault and crash, forcing us to spend 40+ hours loading the wallet file again.

We had the wallet running on a server with 128 GB of RAM and 24 cores (not underpowered) but the code was only taking advantage of one or two cores.

Unfortunately, the majority of our user’s ETN was stuck in this overloaded wallet. Even if it wasn’t crashing, rough calculations show that it might take several months to transfer all the ETN into a new wallet.

It’s important to note that none of our user’s funds were lost, just stuck in a misbehaving wallet.

How are we fixing this?

We have multiple developers working on this issue, developing multiple solutions. The two most promising solutions are:

#1. Improve the current code enough so that we can move all the funds out of the original wallet into a new one, faster than the current code allows. This would only be a short-term fix – the new wallet will eventually develop the same issues as the old wallet.

#2. Create a new enterprise grade wallet – one which is built from the ground up to deal with the massive number of transactions we are seeing. This will solve the long-term issues, but it will take many months before it’s fully tested, audited and operational.

We are making progress on both fronts.

What’s next?

We tracked that segfault crash down to this commit, which triggers a null deference in some error handling code. With that bug fixed, we have been able to move the ETN out of that overloaded wallet slowly but surely over the last few weeks. Enough ETN have been moved out that we are comfortable allowing deposits and withdrawals again.

A new deposit address has been created, resetting our wallet file back to zero.

PLEASE MAKE SURE you are sending funds to the correct address and payment ID on your deposit page. If you send funds to the old deposit address, we can’t guarantee we will be able to recover it.

This is only a short-term solution, we may have to move to a new deposit address a few times before our long-term solution is ready.

Sorry for the delays, this was not a simple problem to fix but we are working very hard to resolve this and appreciate your patience.

The Cryptopia Team
Activity: 34
Merit: 2
Helping the blockchain world build secure++ stuff!
Activity: 343
Merit: 102
most coins ive been following had some issues they face from time to time. Having a problem is not the end, how they deal with it will determine weather they will survive and thrive or they will fail and fade away. Bitcoin has lots of those. Eth certainly had monumental problems along the way. Name one successful blockchain that never ran into a problem. Im pretty sure there are none. And if there was one id rather not invest on it since the dev team arent battle tested yet.

The mobile miner may not make a ton of coins but it is barely using any resources while your gpu eats a ton of electricity. most miners will try to squeeze every last bit of performance they can get from a gpu and 10 more hashes make em happy. So having a simulated mobile miner gaining coins is not bad. Its free coins who doesnt want that.
Activity: 714
Merit: 611
There is no attack its appril 1 joke. Dont panic . Angry

these days i don't like such jokes  Shocked Shocked Shocked
the market is joking with us every day....
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.

Post any info on the possibility of "double spend"here or it didnt happen, because I dont see this as real whatsoever.

That is a HUGE jump to base on a "reddit thread"

Pure 100% FUD

You posted the link on your previous post, knowing most are not going to click on it.

Post the actual text.

I read it and there is NOTHING THERE.

HIGH HASH RATE?

There is ZERO proof that anyone has the hash rate to mount a 51% attack.

Where in the reddit thread is it "all there"?

LMFAO Grin Shocked Shocked Shocked Cheesy

Cool

Edit:

And NO youre not in the "clear" by stating that the attackers "may not" not have the hash power. As you stated "I know the team is working to put this to an end"

THERE IS NO "THIS"

FUD

I think ETN is cheap enough.

To everyone else:

The community is still doing great, especially in these times that seem slow because it takes time to build a solid foundation.

It most likely took at least a third to the time to build the great pyramids in Egypt, filling in and preparing the foundation they were to be built on.

The answer to all your questions to Contraband can be summed up in a few words:

Dont worry about it. We are in VERY GOOD HANDS.

Buy now
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Hoping Cryptopia sort there mess out - Kucoin have no issues but Cryptopia reckon its a mess?

The Electroneum team posted on their Facebook a few days ago that "... they have been in constant contact with Cryptopia and are jointly progressing rapidly now to resolve the issues regarding exchange transactions." They also mentioned there was "... a fix in the process of being implemented ... " but it takes time. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. I am glad to see there is still communication.
Someone shared the official post a few days ago, but here is the link in case you missed it: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1977883539140281
Activity: 208
Merit: 100

Whether it was an April Fool joke or not the ASIC manufacturers are probably running there new Cryptonight ASICs at full blast to help mitigate the cost of manufacture before passing them onto the customers who paid for them (bit of a scam going on there) and these customers will get there ASICs after some of the Cryptonight coins have changed there algorithm and so the ASICs they bought will be almost useless.
Sumokoin and Monero have announced they are soon to change the algo, when is ETN changing ?
ETN source code is just a copy and paste of XMR so they must wait for XMR to release github so they too can again copy and paste it they decide to change algorithm. Mobile mining is not more than buckshot airdrop coins from premine. Dev not care if price drop it give them time to buy more cheap etn supply for airdrop. They already dump coins when online wallets were locked during cryptopia opening and now love to cover-to-close much cheaper using ico raised funds.  ETN is coin ponzi scam. There no need for April 1st joke. Investors have always been the fool from launch
Activity: 668
Merit: 257
Could price go any lover???

There is always hope for promising project when it have so large numbers of the people in community. This is part of the healthy when price go up and it got correction before move to next level I think it will be more high in next few days.

You need very wealthy parties as well to push the price because even if the community is large, many members also quickly lose confidence if the price starts dropping.
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
How many of you are mining on mobile, when there is possibility to mine it on PC with graphic card? This was one of your feature, that this coin will be mined on mobile phones.. Now the mobile minining doesnt worth it right?

My mobile mining works fine, payouts are delayed but its still accumulating I have about 15 payouts of between 5 - 7 ETN on my Galaxy S8.

Is is better to mine on a graphics card? Of course but they never said mining on your mobile will make you rich?
Yeah but their marketing was based on mobile mining, if I remember well. How much you can earn per month with your Galaxy S8? Wink

It varies but between 5 - 7 ETN if I run it 24hrs.

So if ETN eventually goes to $0.50 cents or a $1 in terms of profitability that is very good (although completely not the purpose of the miner)

Ethereum mining with a 10x RX580 rig is also not profitable at the moment with average electricity costs all crypto is getting hit hard. The fact that 60k people are using the miner is pretty good
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Galaxy 8 or other high performing smart devices with more Ram and Rom get maximum hashrate which brings maximum reward. I have tried a tablet device and working fine but I am not mining with it permanently but occasionally more for fun and learning purposes. I have bought directly from market whatever was reasonable amount for long term holding.

With low configuration we are getting less coins, ETN price went very low in the market due to fluctuation in the market. Now it us the right time to hold and buy them in the stock exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
Galaxy 8 or other high performing smart devices with more Ram and Rom get maximum hashrate which brings maximum reward. I have tried a tablet device and working fine but I am not mining with it permanently but occasionally more for fun and learning purposes. I have bought directly from market whatever was reasonable amount for long term holding.
copper member
Activity: 301
simply getting the job done
How many of you are mining on mobile, when there is possibility to mine it on PC with graphic card? This was one of your feature, that this coin will be mined on mobile phones.. Now the mobile minining doesnt worth it right?

My mobile mining works fine, payouts are delayed but its still accumulating I have about 15 payouts of between 5 - 7 ETN on my Galaxy S8.

Is is better to mine on a graphics card? Of course but they never said mining on your mobile will make you rich?
Yeah but their marketing was based on mobile mining, if I remember well. How much you can earn per month with your Galaxy S8? Wink
Activity: 122
Merit: 1

copper member
Activity: 301
simply getting the job done
Activity: 574
Merit: 261

Whether it was an April Fool joke or not the ASIC manufacturers are probably running there new Cryptonight ASICs at full blast to help mitigate the cost of manufacture before passing them onto the customers who paid for them (bit of a scam going on there) and these customers will get there ASICs after some of the Cryptonight coins have changed there algorithm and so the ASICs they bought will be almost useless.
Sumokoin and Monero have announced they are soon to change the algo, when is ETN changing ?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Electroneum is probably under a 51% attack right now. Someone may be trying to double spend. Avoid making transactions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/88wbkv/electroneum_is_probably_under_a_51_attack_right/

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Hoping Cryptopia sort there mess out - Kucoin have no issues but Cryptopia reckon its a mess?

Kucoin have had, and probably some people still have, their fair share of issues with coin withdrawals and bonus/referral deposits. I had referral deposits stuck for 7 weeks without any gaurantee that they would be released.
Activity: 202
Merit: 11

Some thing normal at electroneum blockchain.

My first time with this problem, i ll be wait more.
Jump to: