Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 155. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Someone know news about the attack?

The 51% attack is over, it failed.
There is some tx pool spamming, but it does not effect normal operations.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11

there is no any problems - I withdrew my etn coins, which was purchased on Cryptopia, and got them in my cli wallet very soon
Activity: 202
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Yes ETN is under 51% attack now. Be sure that you mine for right blockchain...
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/17760/etn-is-probably-under-a-51-asic-attack-right-now-bitmain

I've read today about android malware named hiddenminer which mine Monero on smartphones, so it may all be connected.

HiddenMiner: Mines Monero on Android Devices While Protecting Itself From Discovery and Removal

From Reddit thread:

https://youtu.be/2KzLveNmWkI

"Richards statement on ASIC miners:

They are working on ASIC resistance, Richard said this is a high priority at the moment. ASIC resistance and empty blocks update in relativity near future. And large blockchain update coming at the end of may.

I'm glad we now have a clear statement from Richard addressing this issue."

This is great that team is taking care of this mess.
Activity: 202
From Reddit thread:

https://youtu.be/2KzLveNmWkI

"Richards statement on ASIC miners:

They are working on ASIC resistance, Richard said this is a high priority at the moment. ASIC resistance and empty blocks update in relativity near future. And large blockchain update coming at the end of may.

I'm glad we now have a clear statement from Richard addressing this issue."
Activity: 294
It's really not clear what problems can suddenly happen on the exchange. In general, this is good, then the coin is in demand Cheesy
Activity: 142
Yes ETN is under 51% attack now. Be sure that you mine for right blockchain...
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/17760/etn-is-probably-under-a-51-asic-attack-right-now-bitmain
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Just noticed ETN withdraw fee on Cryptopia is 10 ETN. They are greedy it seems, too bad for them...

Their Doge (which is much cheaper) withdraw fee is 3 Doge but ETN withdraw fee is 10.

Why ppl would not just sell their ETN and use other coins?

Smiley

little bit expensive.... my phone mines for 3 days just to cover the fee... dissapointing...

Come on guys, 10ETN is like $0,2 now. Not THAT expensive, it's just mining on phone isn't profitable at all.
Mining with a CPU/GPU is also not profitable.

But it was right? Now maybe not, since Bitmain has his ASICs running full power before he send them to customers Tongue

But isn't the difficulity and hashrate the same as it always were, before the price rise and fall? It doesn't feel like someone is pointing a huge amount of hashpower to ETN.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Just noticed ETN withdraw fee on Cryptopia is 10 ETN. They are greedy it seems, too bad for them...

Their Doge (which is much cheaper) withdraw fee is 3 Doge but ETN withdraw fee is 10.

Smiley

little bit expensive.... my phone mines for 3 days just to cover the fee... dissapointing...

Come on guys, 10ETN is like $0,2 now. Not THAT expensive, it's just mining on phone isn't profitable at all.

10 ETNs are like 4$ of the ETN's fair price, just because it's oversold by zero-knowledge people it doesn't mean I'll go by that same calculation.
sud

Smiley

But it was right? Now maybe not, since Bitmain has his ASICs running full power before he send them to customers Tongue

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

Smiley

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

Smiley

As I said before, mobile mining is not profitable.
I thought, that it will be more profitable, like they said in ICO - and thats why people bought and promoted this project...

It is not that mobile mining is not profitable but:
Cryptopia DOGE Withdraw fee: 3 Doge - and one DOGE costs 40 satoshi
Cryptopia ETN Withdraw fee: 10 ETN - and one ETN is like 270 satoshi

Why would you withdraw ETNS which it very expensive? Why would you not just sell your ETNs ?

copper member
Activity: 301
simply getting the job done

Smiley

As I said before, mobile mining is not profitable.
I thought, that it will be more profitable, like they said in ICO - and thats why people bought and promoted this project...
sud

Smiley

Activity: 36
news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

The ETN (Electroneum) wallet on Cryptopia is now open for Deposits and Withdrawals again.

If you are depositing, please be aware that the deposit address HAS CHANGED (but not your payment ID).

PLEASE check your deposit page before depositing, as any deposits sent to the old address may face significant delays and at some point will stop being credited. Read on for more details.

What happened?

Cryptopia’s wallet has sent and received well over a million ETN transactions, which resulted in the wallet file growing to 4.6 GB. After restarting to apply an update, the wallet daemon refused to load this file, complaining it was “invalid”. We dug through the code and found there was a hardcoded limit on the wallet file size of 1 GB, inherited from Monero. It would happily save a wallet file this size but refused to load it.

Patching out that check makes it clear why this limit was there, the wallet daemon is very sluggish with a wallet file that large. It takes around 40 hours to load. Generating small transactions of 10,000 ETN takes several minutes. The time it takes to load this wallet and send transactions gets longer and longer as more and more transactions go into it.

Worse, generating larger transactions would cause the wallet daemon to segfault and crash, forcing us to spend 40+ hours loading the wallet file again.

We had the wallet running on a server with 128 GB of RAM and 24 cores (not underpowered) but the code was only taking advantage of one or two cores.

Unfortunately, the majority of our user’s ETN was stuck in this overloaded wallet. Even if it wasn’t crashing, rough calculations show that it might take several months to transfer all the ETN into a new wallet.

It’s important to note that none of our user’s funds were lost, just stuck in a misbehaving wallet.

How are we fixing this?

We have multiple developers working on this issue, developing multiple solutions. The two most promising solutions are:

#1. Improve the current code enough so that we can move all the funds out of the original wallet into a new one, faster than the current code allows. This would only be a short-term fix – the new wallet will eventually develop the same issues as the old wallet.

#2. Create a new enterprise grade wallet – one which is built from the ground up to deal with the massive number of transactions we are seeing. This will solve the long-term issues, but it will take many months before it’s fully tested, audited and operational.

We are making progress on both fronts.

What’s next?

We tracked that segfault crash down to this commit, which triggers a null deference in some error handling code. With that bug fixed, we have been able to move the ETN out of that overloaded wallet slowly but surely over the last few weeks. Enough ETN have been moved out that we are comfortable allowing deposits and withdrawals again.

A new deposit address has been created, resetting our wallet file back to zero.

PLEASE MAKE SURE you are sending funds to the correct address and payment ID on your deposit page. If you send funds to the old deposit address, we can’t guarantee we will be able to recover it.

This is only a short-term solution, we may have to move to a new deposit address a few times before our long-term solution is ready.

Sorry for the delays, this was not a simple problem to fix but we are working very hard to resolve this and appreciate your patience.

The Cryptopia Team

Ohh yuhheee! Thank you man! Smiley

I get an error saying it cant generate a deposit address when I try deposit some etn.
Activity: 714
Merit: 611

Smiley

Activity: 75

Smiley
sud
There is no attack its appril 1 joke. Dont panic . Angry

Unfortunately it's not April fool's joke. This is happening right now, but the attackers may not have enough hashpower to make double spendings. Read the Reddit thread, all info is there, and I know the team is working to put this to end.

Post any info on the possibility of "double spend"here or it didnt happen, because I dont see this as real whatsoever.

That is a HUGE jump to base on a "reddit thread"

Pure 100% FUD

You posted the link on your previous post, knowing most are not going to click on it.

Post the actual text.

[snip]

Why do you take it so personal? You can check it on the ETN explorer for youself or just launch the blockchain and see what's going on. Possibility of that kind of attack and double spend with ASICs is real, and not only for Electroneum. And why most wouldn't click? Huh I'm not gonna quote the whole reddit thread if you can just go there and read it...

As for the devs, I asked about this situation on telegram and was informed by community members that team knows about it.

Seriously, take it easy. I'm holding ETN too.

BTW Very good news from Cryptopia!
Activity: 224
Merit: 12
Pls Donate Merit :)
news from Cryptopia :

Electroneum Update

The ETN (Electroneum) wallet on Cryptopia is now open for Deposits and Withdrawals again.

If you are depositing, please be aware that the deposit address HAS CHANGED (but not your payment ID).

PLEASE check your deposit page before depositing, as any deposits sent to the old address may face significant delays and at some point will stop being credited. Read on for more details.

What happened?

Cryptopia’s wallet has sent and received well over a million ETN transactions, which resulted in the wallet file growing to 4.6 GB. After restarting to apply an update, the wallet daemon refused to load this file, complaining it was “invalid”. We dug through the code and found there was a hardcoded limit on the wallet file size of 1 GB, inherited from Monero. It would happily save a wallet file this size but refused to load it.

Patching out that check makes it clear why this limit was there, the wallet daemon is very sluggish with a wallet file that large. It takes around 40 hours to load. Generating small transactions of 10,000 ETN takes several minutes. The time it takes to load this wallet and send transactions gets longer and longer as more and more transactions go into it.

Worse, generating larger transactions would cause the wallet daemon to segfault and crash, forcing us to spend 40+ hours loading the wallet file again.

We had the wallet running on a server with 128 GB of RAM and 24 cores (not underpowered) but the code was only taking advantage of one or two cores.

Unfortunately, the majority of our user’s ETN was stuck in this overloaded wallet. Even if it wasn’t crashing, rough calculations show that it might take several months to transfer all the ETN into a new wallet.

It’s important to note that none of our user’s funds were lost, just stuck in a misbehaving wallet.

How are we fixing this?

We have multiple developers working on this issue, developing multiple solutions. The two most promising solutions are:

#1. Improve the current code enough so that we can move all the funds out of the original wallet into a new one, faster than the current code allows. This would only be a short-term fix – the new wallet will eventually develop the same issues as the old wallet.

#2. Create a new enterprise grade wallet – one which is built from the ground up to deal with the massive number of transactions we are seeing. This will solve the long-term issues, but it will take many months before it’s fully tested, audited and operational.

We are making progress on both fronts.

What’s next?

We tracked that segfault crash down to this commit, which triggers a null deference in some error handling code. With that bug fixed, we have been able to move the ETN out of that overloaded wallet slowly but surely over the last few weeks. Enough ETN have been moved out that we are comfortable allowing deposits and withdrawals again.

A new deposit address has been created, resetting our wallet file back to zero.

PLEASE MAKE SURE you are sending funds to the correct address and payment ID on your deposit page. If you send funds to the old deposit address, we can’t guarantee we will be able to recover it.

This is only a short-term solution, we may have to move to a new deposit address a few times before our long-term solution is ready.

Sorry for the delays, this was not a simple problem to fix but we are working very hard to resolve this and appreciate your patience.

The Cryptopia Team

Ohh yuhheee! Thank you man! Smiley
Activity: 109
Electroneum is probably under a 51% attack right now. Someone may be trying to double spend. Avoid making transactions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/88wbkv/electroneum_is_probably_under_a_51_attack_right/

51% replay attacks. Really? It is terrible for the Electroneum projet and its network if replay attacks actually occured.
Jump to: