Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 168. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 845
Merit: 56
Guys, seriously, command line wallet isn't as tedious as you think. Everybody can use it, there are hundreds of tutorials - it's just a few commands to learn. The only annoying part is that you have to download the whole blockchain and keep it synced. I think for most Electroneum users the best solution would be desktop lite client.

I don't want to download the whole blockchain. I am not dissing this coin, just expressing wishes as an average newbie.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
ups...what happened to the price in the last few hours...any news that would explain it?  Huh
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
Guys, seriously, command line wallet isn't as tedious as you think. Everybody can use it, there are hundreds of tutorials - it's just a few commands to learn. The only annoying part is that you have to download the whole blockchain and keep it synced. I think for most Electroneum users the best solution would be desktop lite client.
Exactly, they should support both kind of wallets and not just teddious command line one for desktop.
Activity: 75
Because my phone is always online and I am not comfortable holding coins there. Paper wallets are so impractical though. I would prefer a desktop wallet on a computer I keep mostly offline or even better - hardware wallet support. I think this flexibility is needed for mass adoption.
Desktop wallet on computer is better option to store your coins because it is more secure. I mostly store my coins on windows wallets.

You should have both: a good desktop wallet and a mobile wallet. If you have lots of coins to keep them on your desktop wallet and keep some mobile so you could easily send those.
Activity: 53
No but seem like the hardware is already in production and selling etn like hell .... look at the price it will soon trade at dogecoin price 274 satoshi on kucoin ;(
Activity: 89
any official words about asics coming to market? Embarrassed Sad
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Well there is nowhere to spend this money yet!

I agree but this is why ETN are building, and it is supposedly on GitHub, a plugin for WordPress.

If you have a large user base with money/ETN people will build stuff(product/service) for them to spend their money/ETN.

This is the hope anyway ;-)

Well there is nowhere to spend this money yet!
All this worry about an offline wallet is like saying 'I keep all my money under my mattress'.

This is the problem with crypto and why it struggling with mass adoption. 

How the hell are you going to spend money if you can only access it at home!

The phone application wallet is solid and the marketing kicks in there will be hundreds o thousands of users!

Watch this space!

Activity: 97
Because my phone is always online and I am not comfortable holding coins there. Paper wallets are so impractical though. I would prefer a desktop wallet on a computer I keep mostly offline or even better - hardware wallet support. I think this flexibility is needed for mass adoption.
Desktop wallet on computer is better option to store your coins because it is more secure. I mostly store my coins on windows wallets.
I would but I don't want a mobile wallet.
So cheap, at 02 or 01 everyone should buy.

You can always use cli wallet on your PC, no need to go mobile.

Yeah, I don't want to use the complicated command procedure either, I want a simple desktop wallet, is it planned?

There's nothing like that in their "Q2 and beyond Goals 2018" so I'd doubt anything like that would come soon, if ever. This is a mobile-focused coin so it's obviously not in their priorities.

Why do you need it though? Don't you have an Android tablet or phone? Even if you have an iPhone (no ETN app available yet), you can just download their paper wallet, use it to store your coins and where there'll be a wallet for iOS (soon) you can transfer your coins from the paper to your online account, there's an option that does that automatically.
Here's the link for the paper wallet if you want it: https://my.electroneum.com/offline_paper_electroneum_walletV1.6.html

Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Withdrawal on Kucoin not possible either!!! Just as well, no easy desktop wallet to put this coin into. Thank dog I only got a little.

What is it with Kucoin, they freeze everyones referral bonuses and now they won't let us withdraw our ETN when there announcement cleary says they will enable withdrawals.. "ETN withdrawals: 23:00 Mar 16,2018(UTC+8)". It's now well past that deadline.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

Yeah, I don't want to use the complicated command procedure either, I want a simple desktop wallet, is it planned?

There's nothing like that in their "Q2 and beyond Goals 2018" so I'd doubt anything like that would come soon, if ever. This is a mobile-focused coin so it's obviously not in their priorities.

Why do you need it though? Don't you have an Android tablet or phone? Even if you have an iPhone (no ETN app available yet), you can just download their paper wallet, use it to store your coins and where there'll be a wallet for iOS (soon) you can transfer your coins from the paper to your online account, there's an option that does that automatically.
Here's the link for the paper wallet if you want it: https://my.electroneum.com/offline_paper_electroneum_walletV1.6.html

Hi. Is there any chance to have in future wallets like others coins (BTC, LTC, Doge,Eth) have? (PC wallets, windows, linux, mac, raspberry pi, and mobile wallets where to keep ETN)? And how to import paper wallet in android app (is that possible)?
Activity: 63

ETN is a very successful and honest project. like other coins, is in decline trend and is very affordable to get right now. we also do mining from our mobile phones and it is getting quite good. if you want to do mobile mining, join with this reference code and get a chance to win 5000 ETN by drawing. CODE 654925
Activity: 75
Cli wallet is slow too but at least it works.

I don't know why is slow because it does not use internet connectivity at full speed and it does not use a single 100% CPU core.

My blockchain is still syncing, I was only few days behind, I've waited for 10 hours and still it has to sync.

But this issues is with many cryptocoins, those that have high volume, many transactions on blockchain.

It is like the code was written by a teacher in school.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

The cryptopia wallet problem is much more complex, it seems that is has reached the monero tech limits. The monero blockchain has never had so much tx as etn did.
Again a victim of its own success and because all traffic was on only one exchange. I hope, that now with more exchanges the traffic is going to be more evenly distributed and lesser chance of another exchange wallet bottleneck.

I think this is a good opportunity, once ETN has fixed the exchange wallet problem, to give back to Monero ;-)

It is important to be clear that the standard CLI wallet is working fine and dandy!
Withdrawal on Kucoin not possible either!!! Just as well, no easy desktop wallet to put this coin into. Thank dog I only got a little.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

Not bad to buy this token right now without waiting anymore from my point of view in next few days this will get succeed to recover from recent drop. We are suffering from huge crash everything going down but at some point it will start recovering. ETH will be good choice to invest and than enjoy later.
Jump to: