Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 169. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
ETN at Cryptopia is No1 or No2 coin every day and they have no time to repair the wallet or smth needed... pufff

yes me too believe so but as its falling sure all market but its continue in fall. what the hell is? i think on which one could believe that this project is really a project of long term vision. few crapes are in all the market makes the total market hell. i firstly stinged by bitchy black sheep in shit coins. then decided to only will stay in top ten coins now etn is also behaving like other shitty projects seen shit in all the market. could not understand who could bear to sell still at 410sat but selling at huge might me he bought at .00000001 sat or have billions in free???
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
The cryptopia wallet problem is much more complex, it seems that is has reached the monero tech limits. The monero blockchain has never had so much tx as etn did.
Again a victim of its own success and because all traffic was on only one exchange. I hope, that now with more exchanges the traffic is going to be more evenly distributed and lesser chance of another exchange wallet bottleneck.
Activity: 142
ETN at Cryptopia is No1 or No2 coin every day and they have no time to repair the wallet or smth needed... pufff
Activity: 124

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. [...]

Etn was going down before Richard interview.

I still blame Cryptopia, the largest Etn trading platform in part for Etn going down (besides btc going down and affecting the other coins), and maybe Etn team not being able to list Etn in other exchanges and communicate ppl that there are issues with Cryptopia and recommend other exchanges.

Even stocks.exchange which has an obsolete/weird interface it is working properly and is cheap to your coin at.
You need many / healthy working exchanges. Look at Doge, they are everywhere. Doge is not expensive but is kind of stable. They also have lots of coins so I don't expect Doge to be 1$ never ever.

Richard was fair in his interview, he was kind of honest and assuring ppl that they will follow Monero is not a bad thing. Time will tell how well they will follow Monero regarding ASIC issue.

About the exchanges: It is dead easy to list erc20 token, because it runs off ETH and is widely adopted and all of the get rich quick ICO wankers use it.

Here is a link to a tweet from next exchange, talking actualy about safex, but also commenting about electroneum not so easy to list. https://twitter.com/dandabek/status/972138876285390848/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcoinmarketcap.com%2Fcurrencies%2Fsafe-exchange-coin%2F

I think they chose the path they did, to make the coin as easy to use as possible, most of us are much more familiar using username and password instead of warious wallets, and weird looking "keys". Although that brings a certain amount of centralisation (web wallet), yet the essence is still decentralised (mining). Richard calls it a hybrid system, which at the time being is a compromise to reach the goals ahead. Richard also mebtioned, that the big companies want to deal with a company. I understand, that a serious bussiness can not be done with a bunch of nerdy geeks with a space age blockchain technology.

It also helps a lot, to have a frontman like Richard, who is a real performer and he actualy knows, what he is talking about, he reminds me of Steve Jobs, lol.

Activity: 845
Merit: 56
I would but I don't want a mobile wallet.
So cheap, at 02 or 01 everyone should buy.

You can always use cli wallet on your PC, no need to go mobile.

Yeah, I don't want to use the complicated command procedure either, I want a simple desktop wallet, is it planned?
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301

You can always use cli wallet on your PC, no need to go mobile.
Activity: 75
I was thinking, if the Etn mobile phone miner is not a miner but does fake mining and in fact does airdrops then it should not be called a miner.

Calling it miner scares lots of ppl, first thought being that it eats your battery. Many will think that way (I thought that too, until someone here told me it is not really mining anything) and will just not install it.
Activity: 459
Merit: 102
Activity: 75

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. [...]

Etn was going down before Richard interview.

I still blame Cryptopia, the largest Etn trading platform in part for Etn going down (besides btc going down and affecting the other coins), and maybe Etn team not being able to list Etn in other exchanges and communicate ppl that there are issues with Cryptopia and recommend other exchanges.

Even stocks.exchange which has an obsolete/weird interface it is working properly and is cheap to your coin at.
You need many / healthy working exchanges. Look at Doge, they are everywhere. Doge is not expensive but is kind of stable. They also have lots of coins so I don't expect Doge to be 1$ never ever.

Richard was fair in his interview, he was kind of honest and assuring ppl that they will follow Monero is not a bad thing. Time will tell how well they will follow Monero regarding ASIC issue.

Activity: 294
The coin already had many difficulties and at the time of ICO and has now, I hope the team will be able to overcome all the problems.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Provide high-quality Chinese translation
You are true as priest  - I was very optimistic in October, November, late to IPO, but bought many then and start mining. Then devs started to struggle and optimism started wiping out. There were intentions to include vendors and points where we all can use ETN's directly - that was rare project where coin was made or intended to smth not for itself. Then missed point with BTC and ETN price drop. All became more pesimistic when devs struggled to enter even exchanges... what Cryptopia do I do not understand at all. I always thought that mobile mining is just a joke or like a game, even it would be real. ANd now no real plans for the future... ASICs will ruin network for sure and nobody cares, if the coin become POS why so much work on mobile mining etc..

BTW having BTC currently also not very big fun, at least drop not so big. So I will follow this coin and if devs provide or just will be good news on the market - get back fast, no loss in any case.

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. There is no clear statement that ETN will do everything in their power to eliminate ASICs from mining. Look at IPBC price, for example, after they stated that ASIC has no place in mining their coin.

I think GPU miners do the right thing by dumping coins and leaving the network.

eliminating ASICs can provide a more decentralized environment
Activity: 187
You are true as priest  - I was very optimistic in October, November, late to IPO, but bought many then and start mining. Then devs started to struggle and optimism started wiping out. There were intentions to include vendors and points where we all can use ETN's directly - that was rare project where coin was made or intended to smth not for itself. Then missed point with BTC and ETN price drop. All became more pesimistic when devs struggled to enter even exchanges... what Cryptopia do I do not understand at all. I always thought that mobile mining is just a joke or like a game, even it would be real. ANd now no real plans for the future... ASICs will ruin network for sure and nobody cares, if the coin become POS why so much work on mobile mining etc..

BTW having BTC currently also not very big fun, at least drop not so big. So I will follow this coin and if devs provide or just will be good news on the market - get back fast, no loss in any case.

All coins all red, but seems that ETN is going down as hard as it can after Richard interview. He`s point of view regarding ASIC is not as strong as it should be. There is no clear statement that ETN will do everything in their power to eliminate ASICs from mining. Look at IPBC price, for example, after they stated that ASIC has no place in mining their coin.

I think GPU miners do the right thing by dumping coins and leaving the network.
So where is a desktop wallet?

Activity: 280
Merit: 106
It was very painful when I have sold my several thousands ETN for 0.05US, when I could do this for 0.20 earlier.. But at least got something. I have expected more from this project, now seems that devs come to the point they planned and..? Nothing, all was done, time to gather toys and go to other sandbox.

So you cashed out all your crypto then? Seeing as everything is in the same boat. Its not the project, its the market. It is still extremely early days for Electroneum too, don't expect so much so soon.

You were very negative about ETN from the very beginning, I'm surprised you still had any to sell. I would have sold a long time ago if I didn't believe in it.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course, but you can't make out that ETN is the only coin suffering right now. I have multiple investments with a fair few top 50 market cap projects and I have losses in all of them.
It was very painful when I have sold my several thousands ETN for 0.05US, when I could do this for 0.20 earlier.. But at least got something. I have expected more from this project, now seems that devs come to the point they planned and..? Nothing, all was done, time to gather toys and go to other sandbox.
Quick comment on the latest QA

First of all, it takes some balls, for a live, and by the looks of it, unscripted session.

My final impression was, like in the start and Richard also mentioned it, that this project was an experiment and almost a victim of its own success. And the team is open to admit, that the tech side of the coin is not their strong point, just following monero every step, no desire to make any tech revolution in blockchain technology, enough other companies.

For real world use, no one really cares what blockchain is. They developed a cool way of coin airdrops, which is becoming more and more popular. The important fact is, that the air time providers will get a provision from introducing the coin to their users, because their margain is very low, and any income helps.

Considering, that there is no real marketing yet, the adoption is going on nicely. When the legal matters are finalised, the airtime providers will start texting their users and promote the coin.

As for mobile mining, it is designed to mine a couple of dollars per month per user, for the next 14 years @10.000.000 users.

About ASIC mining, it doesnt really matter who mines tbe coin, they will just follow monero, which is best thing to do, they are much better in other areas, then BC tech.

Apple is not yet in favor of crypto, they also had a bit of a fiasko in that area, so the delay is reasonable.

I like the "lightning" idea for purchases, because monero network is never going to be fast enough for instant payments.

Again, they used and abused the blockchain bandwagon for a very good idea to access a whole new way of marketing, promotion, and reach to users.

I hope it all makes a bit sense Smiley

Nice summary and thoughts about what was said. Thanks.
I have also tried to mine etn on my mobile but i have decided to give it a break because i see it as a waste of time and do damage to my device.

I think i will continue only when i have a higher spec device, am using my old LG g3 with 2gig ram and i can only get 7Hs/s which sometimes reduce to 5hs/s which gives me 2etn 1-3days, but someone u know with 4gig of ram device mined up to 8+ etn in a week,

Bottom line is have a high end device will be more reasonable to mine etn, i think mobile mining consums less electricity and also less expensive than cpu or gpu mining imo

It won't damage your device, as after the initial bench mark it is simulating mining and not actually doing it. So no resources needed. Maybe a small amount of battery drain for having the app running 24/7. Think of it as an airdrop rather than a miner. Your choice of phone does matter though, the more powerful and recent the better.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
I have also tried to mine etn on my mobile but i have decided to give it a break because i see it as a waste of time and do damage to my device.

I think i will continue only when i have a higher spec device, am using my old LG g3 with 2gig ram and i can only get 7Hs/s which sometimes reduce to 5hs/s which gives me 1etn 1-3days, but someone i know with 4gig of ram device mined up to 8+ etn in a week, he gets up to 11Hs/s or 12 sometimes.

Bottom line is have a high end device will be more reasonable to mine etn, i think mobile mining consums less electricity and also less expensive than cpu or gpu mining imo
Jump to: