Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 172. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 216
Merit: 101
Well, we can now put checkmark on Kucoin exchange, so in terms of some new exchanges we can now expect Binance, Bittrex or Polo to be added in future. As those are top exchanges we might find it difficult in some short time. So, it would be the best to focus on development, marketing and partnerships right now. We need to establish our path to be recognized from top world mobile network carriers.

Poloniex do not accept forked coins so for Poloniex forget it already.
I'm pretty sure that ETC is a fork Wink
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Is there any other place we can use for our Electroneum wallets ?
the wallet at my.electroneum.com takes ages to update. sometimes 3 days after the funds are sent...
and the mobile wallet is the same ?
Most of the time it says updating then comes back with try again later.
I also have funds in cryptopia from trading that I cant get out ??
What is going on with all of this.. If this coin grows much more it will stop and come to a standstill.
We need more wallets at other places away from my.electroneum.com

Best way is to install a command line wallet on your machine. It will take much time to sync blockchain but it will work (maybe on linux).

Regarding Cryptopia, if your funds are there (and not somewhere in limbo as my coins are - going to but never reached Cryptopia) the only way to get those funds out is to sell your Etn and buy other altcoin (for example Doge) and then you can send Doge anywhere you want.

This is exaclty what I did. I couldn't wait any longer for Cryptopia to get there ETN wallet sorted so I sold my ETN, bought Verge (XVG), then sent the XVG to Binance and decided to stock up on some more NEO with the proceeds. Even then the Verge got stuck in 'Processing' for hours, I've still got some EMC2 on Cryptopia but as soon as that's gone I'll not be using Cryptopia again.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
the wallet at my.electroneum.com takes ages to update. sometimes 3 days after the funds are sent...
What is going on with all of this.. If this coin grows much more it will stop and come to a standstill.

Best way is to install a command line wallet on your machine. It will take much time to sync blockchain but it will work (maybe on linux).

Regarding Cryptopia, if your funds are there (and not somewhere in limbo as my coins are - going to but never reached Cryptopia) the only way to get those funds out is to sell your Etn on Cryptopia and buy other altcoin (for example Doge) and then you can send Doge anywhere you want.

"Cryptopia Exchange
March 13 at 10:37pm ·
ETN update:
[...]
The ETN wallets hosted on Cryptopia are unable to cope with the transaction volume that has been generated by the ETN community.
[...]"

So they are incompetents after all.

FUD
agreed, pure FUD

Send all your Etn funds to Cryptopia right now and wait for them to solve the problem if you really trust them. It's not FUD, its an issues that happens for months and nobody knows when the problem will be fixed. Even they don't know.

Well, maybe it is FUD but it's generated by them. It's also angriness of all ppl who got their coins stucked somewhere on the way to Cryptopia.

If Cryptopia's wallet takes days to restart, buy a faster server. Hire somebody that knows to scale Linux. Hire a programmer that know to modify the wallet to work with threads. Find the bottleneck. Etn it is not the coin with highest transactions in the world. Other coins know how to solve this.

One thing I appreciate: at least after that much trouble they admitted where the problem is. Because their wallet says: "04/03/2018 - ETN in maintenance, investigating network issues" which is not true after all.

You say it's FUD but what if you had like 10k etns on way to Cryptopia, the price was 800 satoshi per coin, you wanted to sell but you could not do that and then you experienced your coins falling to 460 satoshi. Would you be happy?

It's not a situation we are dreaming of. Those are real issues that keeps happening.

I apologise right know for my posts, I could not helped myself, I don't like negativity and I understand the stress situations some ppl are working in, this would be the last negative post.

I like the coin, if Cryptopia does not know when they will solve the issue, Etn team should probably recommend other exchanges for now and advice people not to use Cryptopia.

Best regards
Activity: 602
Merit: 250

So I think you can find the wallet in the webiste of the project as announced at ANN: https://github.com/electroneum/ or https://downloads.electroneum.com/
Activity: 19
Merit: 1

"Cryptopia Exchange
ETN update:
[...]
The ETN wallets hosted on Cryptopia are unable to cope with the transaction volume that has been generated by the ETN community.
[...]"

FUD
agreed, pure FUD
Activity: 413
Merit: 17

"Cryptopia Exchange
ETN update:
[...]
[...]"

FUD
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

"Cryptopia Exchange
ETN update:
[...]
[...]"

Activity: 434
Merit: 254
Thanks does it normally take quite a while for the transaction to post?  It's been a couple hours and the source wallet still shows the same balance.

There were no errors when I initiated the transaction (of 10 coins) however it did tell me something about it being delayed by a block with the fee I was paying.  Not sure on the exact wording.

When it asked those question make sure you replied YES, y, to all of them. If your wallet is still showing the same balance then the coins were never sent.

You can check if the transaction was sent successfully by typing show_transfers in the wallet, it will show the amount sent, the fee, transaction ID and address it was sent to (this will also show some received transaction details - if there are any).

It should only take a couple of minutes, I just did a test send and by the time I opened the second wallet the ETN had arrived.

How about with the mobile wallet, how long does transactions usually occur? I've been waiting for my mined coins to be transferred into my wallet for hours now and I'm getting worried. Do you think this is normal? I've read on twitter that the team have already processed transactions regarding the mobile miner but upto now I still haven't received my coins. Do you think I should do something? Or should I just wait for my transaction to arrive in my wallet? I really hope I can receive my coins soon it's quite a shame if I will end up losing those coins, I mined those for almost a week now.  
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
What else was said in the live broadcast earlier today? Anyone care to summarise?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
Thanks does it normally take quite a while for the transaction to post?  It's been a couple hours and the source wallet still shows the same balance.

There were no errors when I initiated the transaction (of 10 coins) however it did tell me something about it being delayed by a block with the fee I was paying.  Not sure on the exact wording.

When it asked those question make sure you replied YES, y, to all of them. If your wallet is still showing the same balance then the coins were never sent.

You can check if the transaction was sent successfully by typing show_transfers in the wallet, it will show the amount sent, the fee, transaction ID and address it was sent to (this will also show some received transaction details - if there are any).

It should only take a couple of minutes, I just did a test send and by the time I opened the second wallet the ETN had arrived.
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Very disappointing to hear Richard saying that the ASIC is not a problem and basically that he doesnt care...
He didnt say that. He said it wont affect their plans for Electroneum, they're watching it and not to worry too much about it. They will implement what needs to be implemented just like Monero if needs be.

Exactly, it doesn't affect their plan since they got the money from ICO, but it will affect the plan of current GPU miners. So if monero does nothing, they also do nothing. If they cared about the issue they would have said:

a. We support GPU miners and start doing something to protect them.
b. We support ASICs and we wont do anything.

They literally have no decision of their own about the ASIC topic.
It seems that the Monero team is doing something against ASIC mining. They are going to change twice per year the CryptoNight PoW hash.
https://getmonero.org/2018/02/11/PoW-change-and-key-reuse.html
Activity: 420
Merit: 110
Earlier today there was a live Q&A with Richard Ells. For those interested in watching it, here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/videos/1971513219777313/

Also, a few minutes ago Cryptopia posted an update regarding Electroneum transactions (EDIT: Please note this was shared by the ETN team on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/1971582139770421 . I am only re-posting it here as not everyone follows ETN's page. I forgot to include ETN's message in the previous quotes):

"Hi guys thanks for participating in our Q&A, for all those who asked regarding Cryptopia please see the following update from Cryptopia.

Cryptopia Exchange
ETN update:
We wanted to provide you all with an update with what is happening with ETN. The ETN wallets hosted on Cryptopia are unable to cope with the transaction volume that has been generated by the ETN community. The fundamental problem is that the ETN wallet code, which originates from Monero, is not able to handle the large number of transaction records. As an indication we have seen more transactions in the last few months just in our ETN wallets than the entire Monero network worldwide has had in the last year.
Given this, our wallets have become so large that they don't currently run continuously and reliably. Restarting the wallets is now in the time frame of days rather than minutes, it'll then run for a short period of time before requiring restarting again.

Cryptopia is investigating a number of solutions alongside the ETN team but we have yet to confirm which solution is the right one. None of the proposed solutions are a ‘quick fix’ and all require substantial work from our teams to resolve.

We would like to remind miners that we do not support mining to our deposit address – this has amplified the problem by creating a high number of transactions of small value, causing further strain on the wallet. Please do not point mining pools at the deposit address.

Our team is very focused on working collaboratively with ETN to resolve this issue. We request that ETN users don’t create additional support tickets and social enquiries for the Cryptopia team as this will only add to resolution times! Please also refrain from depositing to our address until further notice.

We will update you further as soon as we have more news."
Activity: 187
Very disappointing to hear Richard saying that the ASIC is not a problem and basically that he doesnt care...
He didnt say that. He said it wont affect their plans for Electroneum, they're watching it and not to worry too much about it. They will implement what needs to be implemented just like Monero if needs be.

Exactly, it doesn't affect their plan since they got the money from ICO, but it will affect the plan of current GPU miners. So if monero does nothing, they also do nothing. If they cared about the issue they would have said:

a. We support GPU miners and start doing something to protect them.
b. We support ASICs and we wont do anything.

They literally have no decision of their own about the ASIC topic.
Activity: 142
Not a big care as soon ETN will worth just dust.. Sad
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
Activity: 74
Where are my coins going to stop?
two mobiles total 60 H / s, two days ... nothing in wallet (from the app)

then this ....
then on a computer in this pool, and nothing appears after being a whole day ...
gtx 1050ti
Speed   1.22 KH/s
0 ELECTRONEUM Sad
xxxx://fairpool.xyz/

I do not understand anything, they are two different problems, but both are going to not give me something ..

Activity: 80

Where have you found that?
Activity: 187
Jump to: