Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 97. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Are you able to login to your mobile wallet? I don't receive the mail for device activation.... Huh

Wait till the blockchain is stable again.  I'm guessing things should be better in a few days.
Activity: 882
Merit: 14
Are you able to login to your mobile wallet? I don't receive the mail for device activation.... Huh
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
While i appreciate that post i have my doubts if this is really the case.

Nanopool for example has emptied/flashed their transaction pool soon after the fork after it came up the first time that this might be the problem.
3 days for them to expire anyway naturally, but we are on day 5 now ....

I as well miss a confirmation that valid blocks that are not rejected are mined at the moment, which is the main problem anyay and if this was indeed
only problem (Beside difficulty) than nanopool blocks should by now be accepted, even if slowly, not?

This is a great post from Reddit that explains what is going on!

Edit: Original source - https://electroneum101.com/status-of-the-tech-update-fork/

Why are things so slow after the tech update/fork? Read up!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/8o7r7l/why_are_things_so_slow_after_the_tech_updatefork/

Why are things so slow after the tech update/fork? After the fork, blocks were being mined very slowly

The team initially thought that the high difficulty was the big culprit for this, coupled with the low hash rate. They reasoned that we were trying to mine blocks at a high difficulty with low hashing power (since all the ASIC miners are now gone) and that it should take time before the difficulty starts adjusting. Read more about how difficulty works here.

But that was only part of the problem...

The real problem (identified here) was related to a feature that was being removed in the new update, ring signatures, and the implementation thereof. Ring signatures were used in the past to obfuscate who the real sender of a transaction was. You could "mix" other transactions with yours and so hide the real sender of the transactions in there. The amount of transaction you "mixed" with yours was known as the ring size.

This feature was removed in the tech update, and no more mixing was allowed. Transactions could only have a ring size of 1. However, there were some transactions in the transaction pool from before the fork that have ring sizes of 5. And processing these transactions after the update is what caused problems.

Unfortunately, it seems like only the "checking" part of the new software was coded right, and not the "block creation" part. They were assuming that no transaction in the pool would have a ring size of more than 1, and so it would not be necessary to check for that when putting together a block.

So as a result, blocks were being created with the unallowed transactions in them, but then immediately rejected by the checking part of the same piece of software, and by other miners who were running the new software.

So pools were mining blocks correctly, but they were rejected right away because of the faulty transactions in them.

The solution to this was just to empty (or flash) the transaction pool, and basically delete all transactions currently awaiting processing. This would keep all the ETN in the wallets of the original senders, and they would need to attempt the transaction again. These transactions would have been reversed anyway had we gone on like this since they would have expired after 3 days in the transaction pool

The team has asked several pools to empty their mempools.

Once all the mempools are flushed, and legitimate blocks are being created, it will still take some time to get through the first 75 blocks until the difficulty starts adjusting downwards, but not nearly as much time as it took initially.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
Interest in this coin has not dropped at all. 168k plus active mobile miners atm  Grin
Where can i see real stats of the blockchain? to track the difficulty and network hash, because all i can fin is outdated info

https://blockexplorer.electroneum.com/
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
As much as I love this project, I feel like Richard needs to employ more developers. Things like this keep happening and it seems the current dev team do not know what’s what. They should not be putting themselves in a position like this... Very frustrating to see. Hopefully we can get some smooth sailing after this.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Stop focusing on the price....aim at the adoption and developpement...therefore mining right now to stabilize the network and put ETN back on the rails.

When adoption will be achieved the price will follow as a ''side effect''

We wanted anti-asic algo, we have it; now we have to deal with hash power decrease, mine and wait till all will adjust by itself.

Then again stop focusing on the wrong things, and the great will come by itself !!!
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Where can i see real stats of the blockchain? to track the difficulty and network hash, because all i can fin is outdated info
Activity: 51
Supporting ETN with my humble 12KHs. I really love this coin!

Guys, put all your miners to ETN!

Nah, bonus is over
Activity: 36
Merit: 12
Supporting ETN with my humble 12KHs. I really love this coin!

Guys, put all your miners to ETN!
Activity: 15
There is a hysterical admin that, instead of eliminating the problem, it turns out to be able to delete messages and angrily write in black big letters.

In the message that is removed, you can find the contacts of people who successfully made the fork of ETN with V7

To you here a sound thought is said, take a pullback until the coin is killed finally

P.s:do not be a coin killer
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
@ Contraband: I got 2 messages deleted:

- 1 containing the miningpool hub statement that is still on their pool about the state of electroneum ....  Huh
- 1 containing some messages from the electroneum reddit channel  that are still visible there but got deleted here?  Huh

Seriously??

Not 1 piece of information was shared from the team so far in this thread, instead of the warning message that you bann
users from here and bitcointalk (which leaves a bad taste anyway) you should have made a post on what's going on.

I mean you should know, the less information you provide, the more speculation is going on....

Just my 2 cents.

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
ETN has a solid foundation but you should also note that other coins witdiversify, maybe try the other etnh better foundation has gone this path and caused investors millions and billions of hard earn cash. This is why diversification helps in spreading the risk.
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
So all the bonus blocks have been mined now and I am really hoping that I will see a payment. I have been mining on nanapool so can someone from ETN please comment ?
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
Even the work of the team did not greatly affect the price of the coin, but I think if there will be a continuation of the work then there will be a good price.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Electroneum is not going well now, but I believe it will be rising soon.Because they are focused on the project.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
how can it do this when the block is rejected? Doesn't the block need to be accepted to fix the difficulty problem first?
As said, that's my non coder thought: As long as none of the new blocks gets accepted so doesn't any change within it, not?
Nope. Difficulty is calculated by the miner before calclutating block hash as the part of the block template. (function Blockchain::create_block_template() in blockchain.cpp)
If patch decide that difficulty for the next block must be lower miner will spend less time building next block.

Thx, got it more or less, not complety, lol, but i got an idea at least.

How about a temporary roll-back? Wouldn't that be temporary the better decision after 4 days without working network?

No, I dont think a rollback would be of interest

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

MISLEADING UNTRUE INFORMATION POSTED AS FACT WILL ALWAYS BE DELETED

DO NOT POST INFO SUCH AS THIS HERE

IF YOU FEEL COMPELLED TO POST INFO WHICH WAS DELETED, MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD, AND IF YOU MESSAGE ME THE LINK TO YOUR THREAD WITH THIS GIBBERISH, I WILL EVEN POST THE LINK HERE, AS I AM NOT TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING.

THE POSTS DELETED MISLEAD THOSE IN THE COMMUNITY WITHOUT THE TECH KNOWLEDGE TO KNOW FACT FROM FICTION.

PLEASE NOTE, IF YOUR POST WAS DELETED IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU DID NOTHING BUT MAKE A COMMENT AND QUOTE THE OFFENDING POSTS

----JUST BECAUSE YOU POST A RADOM QUOTE FROM REDDIT, OR SOME OTHER WEBSITE, THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO USE AS A "SOURCE" TO BASE MISLEADNG CONVERSATION

THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THIS THREAD. THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING.

THOSE WHO CONTINUE WILL BE BANNED FROM THIS THREAD  AND IF YOU FAIL TO LEAVE THE THREAD, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE BANNED FROM BITCOINTALK AS OTHERS HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST

THANK YOU

*** SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THE MINERS THAT ARE CONTINUING TO MINE AND HELP BRING DOWN THE DIFFICULTY
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
If you know a fix, you can submit a pull request.  This is more than just about the devs, there are many users like myself that have transactions on the blockchain and own ETN coins.

One more time. Developers are NOT interested in patches. They think all is OK - just read their twitter.

The problem is not even in the patches themselves or in anything else you need to look wider.
Any correction requires an audit and may lead to even greater problems. So if there is not a big hole or some big problem in the code, then they will not fix it.
Pages:
Jump to: