Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 99. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 611
i cant see etn  from whattomine?
You can see.
https://whattomine.com/coins/213-etn-cryptonightv7
Only there calculations on the wrong chain.
From the general list, the coin was removed

I'm not sure is it wrong chain, it's new algo and profability it shows jumps about 6-8 times since fork - it looks whattomine  oparates proper  values (or close to proper ones)

Activity: 571
Merit: 18
Sad that the etn dev's dont say anything here, its only guessing Tongue

They just got rid of the fact that they could make such an asshole, and have a staff of such programmers with crooked hands.

Well i wouldnt say that to fast, if it was an 1on1 copy from Monero i would say; yes ur right.Anyway this is not just an 1on1 copy from Monero. Its Monero(V7) in the basic with a lot, a lot of extra stuff working on the blockchain.

So yes, these things can happen, hell if even Microsoft can bring an update (~4 weeks ago) with bugs what crashes computers, harddisks, ''frozen'' gpu's and everything, then i wont start about all the bugs what Apple gave there users by adding updates (every year again) on the iPhones and iPads. U can only have respect for what ETN is doing.

The way how u talk is with zero respect.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Sad that the etn dev's dont say anything here, its only guessing Tongue

They just got rid of the fact that they could make such an asshole, and have a staff of such programmers with crooked hands.
snipped all contents inside original thread
So, how about stability of Electroneum network at the moment?
Is it stable and safe to move my coins currently?
Thanks, contraband.

No. Developers killed their own blockchain and went on vacation.

Maybe they are getting instructions from Monero team how the blockchain works. I would in their place.

Well, i see that ETN team rent again a miner since a few minutes for nanopool.

I think they are testing an fix? I think they dont rent a new miner if they didnt added an fix.

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

The network hash rate is back to a healthy 15.84 MH/s

Lets throw what we can to help get over this!!!

The most speed (at least 10Mhs) is comming from ETN themself, the only reason for this is a new fix i think.
They wont rent a new miningrig while the chain isnt fixed.. i guess..

Sad that the etn dev's dont say anything here, its only guessing Tongue But the miner started around 10:00 gmt+1 (35 minutes ago), i hope this is good news what is comming soon.

I'm wondering how the new block looks like when it got found on nanopool
i cant see etn  from whattomine?

You can see.
https://whattomine.com/coins/213-etn-cryptonightv7

Only there calculations on the wrong chain.
From the general list, the coin was removed
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Thanks, contraband.

Maybe they are getting instructions from Monero team how the blockchain works. I would in their place.

I think they are testing an fix? I think they dont rent a new miner if they didnt added an fix.

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

The network hash rate is back to a healthy 20.22 MH/s

http://miningpoolstats.stream/electroneum

Lets throw what we can to help get over this!!!

Thanks, contraband.

Activity: 83
i cant see etn  from whattomine?
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Thanks, contraband.

Thanks, contraband.

Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Hi, everybody. The company claims that it has already developed a wide range of technical products – including a mining system that can be run from your PC or smartphone. Where can I find more technical information about the project?

The smartphone mining app is only a simulation of mining, but the rewards are for real.

They only develop a mining app for the CPU miners. But i don't think it works now, as the blockchain has been hardforked and you need a new algo to mine ETN. Also the difficulty is too high for CPU. It is still very very high for GPU.

But as we love ETN project, we are mining it to help the normalization of the transactions.

The ETN team create the smartphone app which is also a wallet. And there is a CLI wallet for PC.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
Hi, everybody. The company claims that it has already developed a wide range of technical products – including a mining system that can be run from your PC or smartphone. Where can I find more technical information about the project?

You got 10 merits, you tell me  Wink
Activity: 186
Merit: 10
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
Awe come on man we're just having a fun hearty little debate on that "chicken and egg" lol

Really for any coin to be successful it needs everyone, good devs, investors, pool owners, exchanges, good community support and participation, and mostly a good concept and lots of happy miners!  Grin

Meanwhile back at the ranch" seems the block finds have slowed again?

LOL  Wink

Activity: 154
Thanks, contraband.

No.  Don't do any Electroneum transactions.  The blockchain is currently stalled.
Activity: 148
Thanks, contraband.
Activity: 154
Going to bed, seems we will see soon the 3th day beginning without network. Good night mate and no bad feelings, right?  Wink

P.S.: back on topic.

If the problem with the blockchain can not be fixed the devs really should take into consideration a temporary roll-back and prepare for a new fork in a week or two after the problems have been located, fixed, and it's for sure going to work out. Eventually even changing the difficulty parameters for the next blocks after the fork ... Just an idea as this is slowly but surely going into a desaster ......

I agree!  If they can't get it going, I hope they roll it back and do a through testnet before they try to fork again.

Edit: They need to figure this out quickly.  Miners are losing interest.  The hash has fallen 75% today, while the difficulty is going up.  I wish they would give us more frequent updates.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
Awe come on man we're just having a fun hearty little debate on that "chicken and egg" lol
[/quote]

Agreed  Wink

Really for any coin to be successful it needs everyone, good devs, investors, pool owners, exchanges, good community support and participation, and mostly a good concept and lots of happy miners!  Grin

I fully agree to good devs, exchanges and good concept and in parts to the rest because there are good successfull projects actually even without poolowners, miners, and if you believe it or not, good community suppport.

Going to bed, seems we will see soon the 3th day beginning without network. Good night mate and no bad feelings, right?  Wink

P.S.: back on topic.

If the problem with the blockchain can not be fixed the devs really should take into consideration a temporary roll-back and prepare for a new fork in a week or two after the problems have been located, fixed, and it's for sure going to work out. Eventually even changing the difficulty parameters for the next blocks after the fork ... Just an idea as this is slowly but surely going into a desaster ......
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
and it is an investment for my business true, but if I am mining ETN am i not investing in ETN? different views, but its cool.

Missed that last one. Actually no, you do not investing in ETN, only in your own business. As soon as you beginn with your
business (mining hardware) to mine for a given project you provide paid service, not an investement.

Well, there are some miners like me that mine as a form to get cryptocurrencies, instead of buying them using USD's or EUROs... My aim is also to keep the mined coins aas a way to support them... That's another mining approach, isn't it?

However, please, take into consideration the role that miners play in a coin... it is a huge part of the SW and HW infraestruture each coin needs. And it is of volatile nature. Mining HW is also shared amongst several coins. Big and small investors make this true, using their own money. I bet that those currencies where it is not possible to mine, require to deploy a huge distributed network to allow users to exchange coins easily in a safe manner. For me, miners are not a small portion of a crypto.

Yours, very respectfully.

Coinbaker

As there are anyway no other news regarding fork updates i think there is nothing bad to dicuss something else meanwhile while we wait for the updates.

I'am a miner (not only) too myself. I even would say not just a hobby miner but with bigger investments in this business. Of course you support at the moment of mining a given coin that project, absolutly no doubt here. I never said that a miner doesn't support a project, just mentioned that the mining investement is not on a given project. About the support, absolutly true.

Just as a side note that helps a bit to difference btw. investing or supporting. When you buy a stake, shares, coins, ico for example you can hold the project liable as an investor as you directly invested into a given project, even in court (enough examples and law suites by now). As a supporter or paid service provider you don't have this right. As said, just as a side note.

While i'am personally as well a fan of POW mining (just normal after i have a mining facility my own) i'am not sure if every coin should have it's POW network. Having in mind that small networks with low hashrate could be 51% attacked by literally with 10$ per hour bought hashrate from nicehash i'am not sure it makes much sense from a real decentralized point of view, but that's another story i guess.
Here an interesting read how cheap it is indeed to 51% attack small coins: https://www.crypto51.app/  “PoW 51% attack cost”
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

Pages:
Jump to: