Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 101. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Why are there no workers on the highest miner on the nanopool :-

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

Hmmmm....I this rented hashing power from ETN

If so then well done!

I believe it is rented hashpower
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
Why are there no workers on the highest miner on the nanopool :-

https://etn.nanopool.org/account/etnjy1dvb8fTSFEtc9MS3s48hCpX4kfMc8tkvbcrYKG2PRXi5pVu81Qdq81AhbBARjL7PQMb85pWZC3dba6cH74u9THENC5Nu1

Hmmmm....I this rented hashing power from ETN

If so then well done!
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
I'am not a blockchain techie and i might totally miss something here, but

if let's say we have at some time 100 rejected blocks and finally a fix comes out, how does that 101st get accepted/validated by rejected blocks?

I mean if the 100 previous blocks are rejected and not accepted by the chain, how would be the 101st accepted?
Please fix me if I'm wrong.
I just investigating the sources of new Electroneum update.

In src\cryptonote_basic\difficulty.cpp there is a function next_difficulty() which calculates the difficulty for new block.

According that function algorithm is the next:

1. take previous DIFFICULTY_WINDOW_V6 = 360 blocks.
2. sort them according to time found (timestamp)
3. throw out first DIFFICULTY_CUT = 60 and DIFFICULTY_CUT = 60 last blocks and keep only 240 blocks.
4. calculate the work (difficulty) done during the time of these blocks and according to that calculate new difficulty.

I see some problem in this algo.
1. Last 8 blocks (307500-307507) are the last current blocks. They will be in the end of sorted list and will be thrown out away!
So the next 52 blocks for sure will be last blocks in list too and their time will not be even taken in account during the difficulty calculations.
This means the difficulty will start to fall down only on block 307560!

2. To calculate the work done by the last 240 median blocks function next_difficulty() use the target_seconds variable:
    mul(total_work, target_seconds, low, high);
BUT! Variable target_seconds now is set to 120 seconds in function get_difficulty_target() instead of 60 before fork.
This doubles the hashrate of the network and the result difficulty for the block 307500 and next!

What thats means? We are now in 3 (!!!) GH/s network and next 52 blocks will not even change the difficulty. The difficulty will go down only
after block 307560.

I don't have the answer but it would be good to get some info from dev team on this.....

Here some info related to difficulty from the reddit channel:

we neet to find around 600! blocks (10 hrs and less each)

That's a long time. 600! means 600 * 599 * 598* etc. I'd type out the answer to what number that is, but it's 1409 digits long.

adding a ! to the end of a number is the mathematical symbol for factorial, meaning the product of an integer and all the integers below.

it means around 250 days or about 8 months if we have a 10 hour block times. Thats 8 months!

600 blocks X 10 hours = 6000 hours / 24 hours = 250 days / 31days = 8 months

Etn have killed this coin if the above math is correct however we should see difficulty start to reduce in 75ish blocks so only 750 hours if we get 10 hour blocks, or a month

Your source states that the difficulty will begin to drop (for Monero) after 75, reaching full drop by 675. So we would see results by block 75 and the decline begins. Full drop for Electroneum would be less than 675 because the update halved the difficulty window from 720 to 360. This means drop begins 75 and full drop by 435. Please note I am not a blockchain developer and this is a guess at best

Somewhere i think i have readed some info, can't find the source anymore, so don't nail me on that one. That it takes either 60 or 120 blocks bevor the difficulty beginns to drop (as said, can't remember exactly what it was, but pretty sure it was either 60 or 120 blocks)
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
it's mess up by ETN devs.
Activity: 282
Merit: 10
I believe we should wait and see if the fix is working or not before buying more hashpowers. Hope we will find it out fast.
Please fix me if I'm wrong.
I just investigating the sources of new Electroneum update.

In src\cryptonote_basic\difficulty.cpp there is a function next_difficulty() which calculates the difficulty for new block.

According that function algorithm is the next:

1. take previous DIFFICULTY_WINDOW_V6 = 360 blocks.
2. sort them according to time found (timestamp)
3. throw out first DIFFICULTY_CUT = 60 and DIFFICULTY_CUT = 60 last blocks and keep only 240 blocks.
4. calculate the work (difficulty) done during the time of these blocks and according to that calculate new difficulty.

I see some problem in this algo.
1. Last 8 blocks (307500-307507) are the last current blocks. They will be in the end of sorted list and will be thrown out away!
So the next 52 blocks for sure will be last blocks in list too and their time will not be even taken in account during the difficulty calculations.
This means the difficulty will start to fall down only on block 307560!

2. To calculate the work done by the last 240 median blocks function next_difficulty() use the target_seconds variable:
    mul(total_work, target_seconds, low, high);
BUT! Variable target_seconds now is set to 120 seconds in function get_difficulty_target() instead of 60 before fork.
This doubles the hashrate of the network and the result difficulty for the block 307500 and next!

What thats means? We are now in 3 (!!!) GH/s network and next 52 blocks will not even change the difficulty. The difficulty will go down only
after block 307560.

I don't have the answer but it would be good to get some info from dev team on this.....
307509 found in 7 minutes on nanopool
307508 found on nanopool

edit: took 1 hr 13min
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
i don't want to sound like a prick, but did the dev team by now (3 days later without working blockchain/network) consider a roll-back?

I mean no transactions have gone through so far which would mean that no harm is done either with a rollback.

Seriously, i have no idea if this can get fixed soon or not having in mind that 3 days the devs/nanopool worked obviously on the wrong
direction.

Eventually a rollback should be considered and than with all time necessary fixing/testing/patching/releasing/preparing a new fork that
should finally work better.

Better safe than sorry in my opinion. I mean if this goes on like that with days eventually weeks, nobody knows. I would take the safe way,
seriously. This is a multi billion dollar project, i wouldn't risk it like that, totally unprepared for whatever.....
I agree with you that would be maybe the best solution. As the blockchain is still not fixed.

They could have the time to change the mining difficulty too to make it easier for the first 360 blocks.
Activity: 571
Merit: 18

You dont need to repeat that, i already gave an reaction Smiley

I told there is a new problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you, if u want a kiss? here we go: xx

There is no NEW problem, it's the same old problem since day 1, at least from my readings on the view sources we have....

Edit: And that nanopool works on ETN's blockchain problem to fix the mess up makes things even worse in my opinion.
I mean everything that can't get fixed "in-house" decreases the faith into the dev team....

Well for me that's not a problem, and this is also the way you read it.

It's a problem what need a fix, this fix must be added by an pool (in this case nanopool seems to be the closest with contact).

nanopool can directly test it (look the big miners, they cant mine for nothing so they must mine on a working pool as soon as possible) for the dev team, so it isn't that strange.

From the other side, i also agree with ocminer, he is here to help, he's ready to make an pool for etn on monerov7,.. but there is just no contact with the dev team (well, nanopool got contact),
i don't want to sound like a prick, but did the dev team by now (3 days later without working blockchain/network) consider a roll-back?

I mean no transactions have gone through so far which would mean that no harm is done either with a rollback.

Seriously, i have no idea if this can get fixed soon or not having in mind that 3 days the devs/nanopool worked obviously on the wrong
direction.

Eventually a rollback should be considered and than with all time necessary fixing/testing/patching/releasing/preparing a new fork that
should finally work better.

Better safe than sorry in my opinion. I mean if this goes on like that with days eventually weeks, nobody knows. I would take the safe way,
seriously. This is a multi billion dollar project, i wouldn't risk it like that, totally unprepared for whatever.....

I told there is a new problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you, if u want a kiss? here we go: xx

There is no NEW problem, it's the same old problem since day 1, at least from my readings on the view sources we have....

Edit: And that nanopool works on ETN's blockchain problem to fix the mess up makes things even worse in my opinion.
I mean everything that can't get fixed "in-house" decreases the faith into the dev team....

I told there is still a problem and nanopool is working with the etn devs to get this sort out. I told i misunderstood you (i tought u was talking about the mining rewards from a block what is like 12k, this needed to be confirmed, that's why i tought u was talking about something else), if u want a kiss? here we go: xx (just kidding)

edit: beter? Cheesy
Until there is no confirmation and the blocks are valid we actually have nothing. I mean a block is not just a block, it must be valid
accepted blocks, that's the point we should focus!!!

But that's not the problem, to get it accepted u must find new blocks, right?

It just takes what longer now, but we are rolling so i think today (depends on ur timezone Tongue) the first blocks will be confirmed.

I don't think you know how a blockchain work Smiley

So, you think i don't know how a blockchain works, right?

How about this than at exactly what my fear was?

from nanopool:
Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

No offence, but if your only understanding is that a block is a block, no matter what happens to the block, than at least don't comment on valid concerns/questions. Even less making fun of it while you know nothing better!!!!
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
Activity: 80
we get more info from nanopool than the devs,

from nanopool:

Unfortunately ETN patch did not resolve the block rejecting issue, so we are mining empty ETN blocks for now to decrease network difficulty. We are working together with ETN developers to resolve the issue completely. #ETN

That's what we call test in production... This explain why the blocks are empty. Sad

What a (somehow expected) mess from the ETN devs...

from nanopool:

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

That's what I meant.. why not discuss such stuff in public... GitHub issues.. bugtrackers etc.. zcash does that and it works really well for example

you got an point here yes. I hope they contact you soon, and i hope you can help this sort out.

Love u bro

yes, open communication is super helpful!

Indeed, however, nanopool is at this time in contact with the etn devs. I am wondering on what platform  they are talking so that ocminer can join them.

I know ocminer knows every, everything about running pool on all possible algo's. So if somebody can help, it will be ocminer (no, don't get arrogant Tongue ) Smiley

from nanopool:

yes is what i just told, so nanopool is talking with the etn dev, i want to see OCminer on board...

That's what I meant.. why not discuss such stuff in public... GitHub issues.. bugtrackers etc.. zcash does that and it works really well for example

you got an point here yes. I hope they contact you soon, and i hope you can help this sort out.

Love u bro

yes, open communication is super helpful!

from nanopool:

Love u bro
Pages:
Jump to: