Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 98. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 845
Merit: 56
How about some FAITH in the team!!!
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
how can it do this when the block is rejected? Doesn't the block need to be accepted to fix the difficulty problem first?
As said, that's my non coder thought: As long as none of the new blocks gets accepted so doesn't any change within it, not?
Nope. Difficulty is calculated by the miner before calclutating block hash as the part of the block template. (function Blockchain::create_block_template() in blockchain.cpp)
If patch decide that difficulty for the next block must be lower miner will spend less time building next block.

Thx, got it more or less, not complety, lol, but i got an idea at least.

How about a temporary roll-back? Wouldn't that be temporary the better decision after 4 days without working network?
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Are you helping with the transaction bug?  I think they need help.
As I see they don't want any help. Their reaction is only one - "Mine, you fools, mine! It's not profitable, you will lost you money on electricity, but you must mine!"

If you know a fix, you can submit a pull request.  This is more than just about the devs, there are many users like myself that have transactions on the blockchain and own ETN coins.
Edit:  I think AngeGallego's fix only fixes the difficulty issue and not the ring issue.

I think it fixed none of both. And from my understanding the ring issue wasn't a ring issue, means
after flushing the mem pool problem still excists, but i'am not a coder, just some basic understanding,
but that's what i get out.

You are not a coder but I am.

And yes, this patch fix the difficulty problem - it simple makes next blocks 375 a fixed difficulty blocks where difficulty is hardcoded in patch.
And no, it not fix the Transactions Bug.

how can it do this when the block is rejected? Doesn't the block need to be accepted to fix the difficulty problem first?
As said, that's my non coder thought: As long as none of the new blocks gets accepted so doesn't any change within it, not?
Edit:  I think AngeGallego's fix only fixes the difficulty issue and not the ring issue.

I think it fixed none of both. And from my understanding the ring issue wasn't a ring issue, means
after flushing the mem pool problem still excists, but i'am not a coder, just some basic understanding,

You are not a coder but I am.

And yes, this patch fix the difficulty problem - it simple makes next blocks 375 a fixed difficulty blocks where difficulty is hardcoded in patch.
And no, it not fix the Transactions Bug.

Are you helping with the transaction bug?  I think they need help.

I think the problem is way deeper and more complex having mind some monero features have been
removed and others added and i bet there somewhere lies the problem with some kind of incompatiblity....
Just only a guess of course.

Could be.  I hope they give us an update soon.

I think the problem is way deeper and more complex having mind some monero features have been
removed and others added and i bet there somewhere lies the problem with some kind of incompatiblity....
Just only a guess of course.
AngeGallego submitted a possible fix!  I hope it is what they need and the team is currently reviewing the code.
https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/pull/253/commits/f0b4913700a741e0fe5c2ceb4f3eb90177e367f4

the comment below that so called fix doesn't sound too promising to be honest:

You don't think the ETN devs could have figured this out? Obviously they just don't want to do this, for some unknown reason.
If you really want to be useful, try to find the bug that is causing rejected blocks when not empty.

LOL.. I don't blame him for being upset.  I'm not happy with how this went down.  I guess the other pull addressed that issue.  I think there are two issues.

Edit:  I think AngeGallego's fix only fixes the difficulty issue and not the ring issue.

Edit2:  So I guess the ring issue still needs a fix.
AngeGallego submitted a possible fix!  I hope it is what they need and the team is currently reviewing the code.
https://github.com/electroneum/electroneum/pull/253/commits/f0b4913700a741e0fe5c2ceb4f3eb90177e367f4

the comment below that so called fix doesn't sound too promising to be honest:

You don't think the ETN devs could have figured this out? Obviously they just don't want to do this, for some unknown reason.
If you really want to be useful, try to find the bug that is causing rejected blocks when not empty.

P.S.: The guy posting that fix referred as well to gifthub 249, which we all know by now, didn't work out.

and from 12 hours ago we have this on gifthub:

Failed to deinitialize core... #252
AngeGallego submitted a possible fix!  I hope it is what they need and the team is currently reviewing the code.
Good afternoon. My personal opinion, now the Electronium network, is working steadily, as far as security is concerned, I've given developers more time to solve this problem. Good luck everyone.

Did i miss something meanwhile? Any announcement, statement, post, proof, evidience that the network is ok? That the problem is fixed?

No.  I don't know what he is talking about.  Not fixed yet.
Good afternoon. My personal opinion, now the Electronium network, is working steadily, as far as security is concerned, I've given developers more time to solve this problem. Good luck everyone.

Did i miss something meanwhile? Any announcement, statement, post, proof, evidience that the network is ok? That the problem is fixed?
Activity: 202
Merit: 11
For me, nothing is ok 'till now and i'm waiting estability and the ETN network works right again.

Devs and offical ETN channels dont tell nothing about this case, so just wait good news.
Activity: 151
Merit: 0
However, the network should be adjusted by itself and the process takes time.
Consequently, lots of transactions have to wait a bit to be finished.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
We never stopped beleiving in the team, no matter what, we will overcome this!!!
Activity: 560
Merit: 256

snipped all contents inside original thread
So, how about stability of Electroneum network at the moment?
Is it stable and safe to move my coins currently?
Thanks, contraband.
Activity: 15
The most speed (at least 10Mhs) is comming from ETN themself, the only reason for this is a new fix i think.
They wont rent a new miningrig while the chain isnt fixed.. i guess..

Poor speed of what that. If this is an etn team then this is generally sparse.

Greedy, give speed now.
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Sad that the etn dev's dont say anything here, its only guessing Tongue

They just got rid of the fact that they could make such an asshole, and have a staff of such programmers with crooked hands.

Well i wouldnt say that to fast, if it was an 1on1 copy from Monero i would say; yes ur right.Anyway this is not just an 1on1 copy from Monero. Its Monero(V7) in the basic with a lot, a lot of extra stuff working on the blockchain.

So yes, these things can happen, hell if even Microsoft can bring an update (~4 weeks ago) with bugs what crashes computers, harddisks, ''frozen'' gpu's and everything, then i wont start about all the bugs what Apple gave there users by adding updates (every year again) on the iPhones and iPads. U can only have respect for what ETN is doing.

The way how u talk is with zero respect.
First, answering the first post on the quote... they're updating their official Facebook and Twitter feeds. Whatever they'd say here would be buried under spam! Tongue
Second, their most recent Twitter post is in agreement with what you (@JoenNL) wrote!
From Electroneum Twitter feed (source),
Every decision has to be taken into consideration with great deliberation and thought- Our mission is to be different therefore it is not always a case of following the trend in ideas. We also test as much as possible before big events such as the update.

Activity: 413
Merit: 17
I'm not sure is it wrong chain, it's new algo and profability it shows jumps about 6-8 times since fork - it looks whattomine  oparates proper  values (or close to proper ones)
When opening my wallet, what should I do to know whether I am on the right chain or not?
Please help me with as detailed guide as possible.
Thanks.

The desktop wallet is wired to the "right chain" and hence you do not have change anything.  You just need to make sure the running V2.0 and this can be loaded from their website :-

https://downloads.electroneum.com/

Activity: 111
I'm not sure is it wrong chain, it's new algo and profability it shows jumps about 6-8 times since fork - it looks whattomine  oparates proper  values (or close to proper ones)
When opening my wallet, what should I do to know whether I am on the right chain or not?
Please help me with as detailed guide as possible.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: