Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 146. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 241
Merit: 101
How long you think it will take exchanges to start rollin again?

Bittrex was up, so if they pulled their wallet, it won't take long for them to come back.
Polo and cryptsy will have to reindex and sync up with the chain before they can bring theirs back online, this may take some time depending on the server that is hosting the daemon.

They do not have to reindex or resync. Simply launch the new wallet and it's good to go. They are probably stuck at the 974999 block. Simple running of new code will fix the issue

someone should whisper that to them.. Smiley
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Bittrex was up, so if they pulled their wallet, it won't take long for them to come back.
Polo and cryptsy will have to reindex and sync up with the chain before they can bring theirs back online, this may take some time depending on the server that is hosting the daemon.

They do not have to reindex or resync. Simply launch the new wallet and it's good to go. They are probably stuck at the 974999 block. Simple running of new code will fix the issue
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

How long you (anyone) think it will take exchanges to start rollin again?
mac wallet works aok. staking ! jussaying.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
The new Windows wallet seems to be stuck on extracting addrman.cpp. Been like this for 5 mins now.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

works perfectly here, installed without problems. ( Win10 -just in case)
legendary
The new Windows wallet seems to be stuck on extracting addrman.cpp. Been like this for 5 mins now.

I have asked them to provide the exe as a standalone. You shouldn't need to install the wallet at all, by default the qt will look to appdata for data storage, alternatively you can tell it where to look for the data by using the -datadir= flag on launch either from cmd or via batch.
Activity: 525
Merit: 501
GameX (GX) | NextGEN Gaming Cryptocurrency

Activity: 335
Merit: 251
POTCOIN POSv FIX

We are happy to announce the fix to POSv has finally been released.

We are currently staking on multiple Windows, Mac and Linux wallets.

We have pushed the new code and binaries.

https://github.com/potcoin/Potcoin

https://github.com/potcoin/Potcoin-Binaries

Before updating, please take a backup of your Wallet.dat file for precautionary measures.

The simply download new binary and install over the old one. Run the new Potcoin wallet and you should be staking in no time.

We are sorry about this inconvenience. We invite all devs who want to take part in this to please do. Potcoin is an open source projects and new Git pulls are always looked and reviewed. Feel free to contribute.

We have also added to our RoadMap to setup a fully functional testnet for potcoin. Through this operation, we also have added great crypto coders to the team and they will be working with us in the long-run as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this update.

PotCoin

Mac QT

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
just rolled outta bed.... so is this supposed to be working now or not?

Go back to bed, we will wake you when its working.

wtf

I will try and translate.

He started a website selling weed, someone suggests he starts taking potcoin at or around the same time we have these issues.
lol, I thought he programmed a website using weed then rolled it and started smoking it when all of a sudden someone pops up from a bush that's in the back of his bedroom and was like yo! you smoking pot?  can i buy some with deez potcoins?  then the dude was like, yea! I need potcoins and not this website joint made from weed.  then he went to the website and was like woah, wtf broski?

but your translation is a little better

For what its worth you guys both did an excellent job of summing up my points.  I did built a p2p system where users could post their own stuff to sell, with an escrow system, but after no one seemed interested, I've switched it up to focus on just me providing stuff for required donations and to interact with everyone locally (I'm in a recreationally legal state).  I'm game to take potcoin once its working well, for now its too risky to touch any coins in maintenance mode.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Hello Potcoin!

I'm busy putting together a crypto only accepting t-shirt store and wanted to know where I can find Potcoin digital assets for logos and the such ?

Of course, you'll be able to pay in Potcoin. Thanks everyone!

There are official potcoin branded graphics:
http://www.potcoin.com/tools/#graphics

And there are a lot of community created graphics (search /r/potcoin for logos/graphics etc.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/23d6ui/free_potcoin_graphisc_for_all/

Thanks Grunts will start working on it!  Grin
legendary
I just posted this to reddit.

A message for the potcoin dev team.

Please launch the genesis block for testnet NOW and give us a testnet that you can beta test new wallets with. Once that is done, you can contact me and several others in this thread and at BCT who would gladly take part in beta testing the new wallets on linux and windows to help iron out any bugs before you release it to the wild.

We as a community want to help potcoin become what its capable of, we can't do that if you refuse to keep us in the loop and operate like your a sovereign entity wholly responsible for the success of this coin. Please allow us to help you help us make potcoin great.

https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3hzp6m/a_message_to_the_potcoin_dev_team/
legendary

so, I roll out a website w/ weed.  Someone at random on the internet says 'ur doing pot...SELL IT FOR POTCOIN!'.  I think 'yea, he's right!' and attempt to follow such action.  I see in Cryptsy that wallet is down for maintenance.  I come to this thread and the 1st line is like - CRITICAL UPDATE!, along with your website.  However, the end of this thread shows, nothing is ready.  BTW that email I got came back in May .... Great job everyone  Smiley

wtf

He started a website selling weed, someone suggests he starts taking potcoin at or around the same time we have these issues.
lol, I thought he programmed a website using weed then rolled it and started smoking it when all of a sudden someone pops up from a bush that's in the back of his bedroom and was like yo! you smoking pot?  can i buy some with deez potcoins?  then the dude was like, yea! I need potcoins and not this website joint made from weed.  then he went to the website and was like woah, wtf broski?

Stoner is only one of many "languages" I speak Smiley

Your reading would make an awesome movie though.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

so, I roll out a website w/ weed.  Someone at random on the internet says 'ur doing pot...SELL IT FOR POTCOIN!'.  I think 'yea, he's right!' and attempt to follow such action.  I see in Cryptsy that wallet is down for maintenance.  I come to this thread and the 1st line is like - CRITICAL UPDATE!, along with your website.  However, the end of this thread shows, nothing is ready.  BTW that email I got came back in May .... Great job everyone  Smiley

wtf

legendary

so, I roll out a website w/ weed.  Someone at random on the internet says 'ur doing pot...SELL IT FOR POTCOIN!'.  I think 'yea, he's right!' and attempt to follow such action.  I see in Cryptsy that wallet is down for maintenance.  I come to this thread and the 1st line is like - CRITICAL UPDATE!, along with your website.  However, the end of this thread shows, nothing is ready.  BTW that email I got came back in May .... Great job everyone  Smiley

wtf

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

so, I roll out a website w/ weed.  Someone at random on the internet says 'ur doing pot...SELL IT FOR POTCOIN!'.  I think 'yea, he's right!' and attempt to follow such action.  I see in Cryptsy that wallet is down for maintenance.  I come to this thread and the 1st line is like - CRITICAL UPDATE!, along with your website.  However, the end of this thread shows, nothing is ready.  BTW that email I got came back in May .... Great job everyone  Smiley
legendary

legendary
Can we please have a win qt binary posted . Post that its beta. Thanks

Vegas

Is there a dev here somewhere that could try a hand at fixing it? Modify or add code and give us a compiled binary?
Maybe it is time for the community to take this back from potlabs, they are apparently  incapable of fixing the problem.
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org