Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 147. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 139
Merit: 103
Update? Thought you guys were testing the windows QT last night. Where is it?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Can we please have a win qt binary posted . Post that its beta. Thanks

Vegas
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001
Spectreproject Community Manager
So now that the blocks from 975000 are moving again
I have some coins "stuck" in pool wallet waiting on confirmations including 974999.
Does the pool operator need to update so these coins will confirm?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

So basically, you forgot the difficulty algorithm for POS?  That's a pretty major oversight for making such a significant change.

I'm sure you'll get all the props in the world from the community on reddit(the armpit of the internet) for "fixing the issue so fast", but the truth of the matter is that there shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.  A mistake like this is pretty damning to your credibility as a dev.  Additionally, you still haven't forced a new minimum protocol version, so essentially even the wallet code prior to POSv is still "valid" in the validation of the current code.  The POSv wallets that were missing the difficulty code are still "valid".  Not smart.  I'd seriously suggest putting that code in before you compile, because anyone with enough Docker knowledge could probably think of some interesting ways to take over the chain right now.

-Fuse
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
for sure I'm a bit bummed that they didn't have a fix ready and waiting like the SQL dev had ready for his coin (lol legendary dev/coin ignored by cryptoland)  but I guess I look at the positive side... they didn't pump the coin up to 1000+ sats or anything for before the big day only to start dumping into the buy orders as we're waiting for the fix, they let the market do what it was going to do the whole time. I bought in a bit as a long term buy so not too concerned with the short term... lol although getting cryptsy updated and some volume would have been nice to get some good trades in.

and yes most definitely the team should have had a slack or something going to invite supporters that know their stuff to give help and input to get this to go as smooth as possible. 

This coin has the potential for a bright future but the devs seem intent to kill it with their current modus operandi. If they don't change up the way they handle the PR side of things I fear that another coin, either hemp/cann/etc or a brand new coin will have the opportunity to take the stage and leave pot to rot away as just another altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
for sure I'm a bit bummed that they didn't have a fix ready and waiting like the SQL dev had ready for his coin (lol legendary dev/coin ignored by cryptoland)  but I guess I look at the positive side... they didn't pump the coin up to 1000+ sats or anything for before the big day only to start dumping into the buy orders as we're waiting for the fix, they let the market do what it was going to do the whole time. I bought in a bit as a long term buy so not too concerned with the short term... lol although getting cryptsy updated and some volume would have been nice to get some good trades in.

and yes most definitely the team should have had a slack or something going to invite supporters that know their stuff to give help and input to get this to go as smooth as possible. 
legendary
I don't know why people are being so impatient, they said they might need 1 more update when pow ends, we all knew they didn't write the code so a hickup is/was expected. yes it could/should have been tested, I hope you were offering to help test it at least if you know about that stuff, instead of just waiting till the day to give them a hard time about it after the fact.

lol if theres a dip cause of the wait then lucky for the peeps who have buy orders up (wish I could afford to be one of them)

I was vocal on reddit way before the release of the new update. I posted in a few threads that I would love to be a part of the beta, but they never posted any info on how it was coming along. I understand the keep quiet and get the work done attitude, but this coin as with all others can only be successful if the community believes in it and not keeping people updated on the status and/or waiting months to post an update is not acceptable.

I have been holding back on my criticism of the way they rolled out this fork. Once we get POSv online and its stable and secure, all that matters going forward is the onboarding of people to this coin, the promotion, etc. We are however coming up on a full 24 hours that the blockchain has been dead in the water with only 2 updates by the devs as to whats going on.  If they had tested the code thoroughly, they should have had an idea that this could happen and what would be needed to fix it, neither of those seems to be true.
legendary
Kaspa
I don't know why people are being so impatient, they said they might need 1 more update when pow ends, we all knew they didn't write the code so a hickup is/was expected. yes it could/should have been tested, I hope you were offering to help test it at least if you know about that stuff, instead of just waiting till the day to give them a hard time about it after the fact.

lol if theres a dip cause of the wait then lucky for the peeps who have buy orders up (wish I could afford to be one of them)
legendary
So what's the fix, devs?  Do you at least have the issue identified?

It would be nice if we could get an update on what's going on.

-Fuse

Yes we have identified the problem.

As we've said, we are working on fixing the issue.

Your patience is appreciated

Then what is the issue?  Being transparent about the problem and the solution is going to award you with some credibility that you are greatly losing as the hours go by.

-Fuse

They have a very small window here to get things rolling again, the longer the coin sits dead, the quicker it will die if/when they bring it back.
If the other "weed coins" are smart, they are figuring out how to use this to gain market share.

Looks like they fixed it.
potchain.net is past the last pow block. Hopefully this means an updated wallet is incoming.
legendary
Welll finally im staking... will recieve 0 rewards every second... bum.

At least the icon turned green

Yeah, that code they got right, they have that going for them Smiley
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
Welll finally im staking... will recieve 0 rewards every second... bum.

At least the icon turned green
legendary
So what's the fix, devs?  Do you at least have the issue identified?

-Fuse

Translation...

We know there is a problem but we have no idea how to fix it as we didn't write this code nor did we reach out to the developer for help. Oh and we failed to do proper beta testing so we could see these issues coming before we rolled production code.
legendary
HODL for life.

-Fuse

Then what is the issue?  Being transparent about the problem and the solution is going to award you with some credibility that you are greatly losing as the hours go by.

-Fuse
Activity: 335
Merit: 251

-Fuse

legendary

-Fuse

Don't hold your breath, they are very bad at communicating with the community as to whats going on behind the scenes. I tweeted them asking about the fix, lets see if I get a response there.
legendary
HODL for life.

-Fuse
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Hello Potcoin!

I'm busy putting together a crypto only accepting t-shirt store and wanted to know where I can find Potcoin digital assets for logos and the such ?

Of course, you'll be able to pay in Potcoin. Thanks everyone!

There are official potcoin branded graphics:
http://www.potcoin.com/tools/#graphics

And there are a lot of community created graphics (search /r/potcoin for logos/graphics etc.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/23d6ui/free_potcoin_graphisc_for_all/
legendary
Kaspa
Hello Potcoin!

I'm busy putting together a crypto only accepting t-shirt store and wanted to know where I can find Potcoin digital assets for logos and the such ?

right on, I'll have to check out your site for sure
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
Hello Potcoin!

Jump to: