Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 68. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 104
⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡
I'm interested in this project. Waiting to see distribution method. If XRB isnt going to implement privacy then stone will have that corner of the market. Going to need a couple more developers and at least a year to pull something like this off though.

Timeline isn't an issue it is whether they can pull it off or not and slowly get it done. If they can then this will be one of the biggest projects in 2018 and it will been built from the ground up from nothing which is sweeter!
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
What does the community think about the brand www.iopay.org
Huh
Activity: 1
Sign me onto the list of new accounts excited by this project. I've been following the thread for about and really like the sound of where it's heading. Some of you will be pleased to know that I don't claim to know anything about DAG (or certainly didn't before I stumbled into here).
Activity: 2
I'm interested in this project. Waiting to see distribution method. If XRB isnt going to implement privacy then stone will have that corner of the market. Going to need a couple more developers and at least a year to pull something like this off though.
I  really like the way this project is going. I hope the currently raised funds will make the team grow.
I'll stay tuned and watch with interest.
Activity: 31
From every possible distribution scenario, the one with a eg. $500 per Thread commenter/forum user sounds the fairest.

But let's see how and what the dev delivers first.

Sounds quite good to me too.

Certainly sounds like a reasonable option to examine. We'll have to think of ways to protect this method from exploitation, however.

We may need to start running community polls for each aspect of the project in due time, too.
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack
Wow already raised 25 ETH and 4 BTC. Over $70,000. Thats some great cash. Now you can hire more Dev to complete it fast man.
Activity: 3
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Multiversum
From every possible distribution scenario, the one with a eg. $500 per Thread commenter/forum user sounds the fairest.

Sounds quite good to me too.
Activity: 3
I look forward to seeing the code Smiley private xrb sounds amazing.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
I don't get it quite well, is this coin not PoW ?
Activity: 4

legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2640
Lurking for a long time here (over two years) and first time to register due to this project that got my attention.
Thinking also to donate, but I am not really comfortable especially not knowing any information about you.

How can we know that you are not trying to scam all and run away with the money?

I can create the same post promising a DAG, PRIVATE, QUANTUM PROOF, and use the dreams of the people to buy me a nice house and claim later that was too much effort, sorry...

Could you provide us with a fundamental reason to take this risk?
How can we trust you if we do not even know you?

I would love that someone here can start a technical questioning rounds with you just to challenge the knowledge that you claim you have.

Edit:

Balances on your addresses:

17rta6cBBcacwbjFuWmrCpaPDN3m4jX6et: $ 57,773.66
xrb_3my3e88nzaorkhcbho91seniswjz7ksiu1ddkuuu5ue3q8exiian9ikhja4g $ 24,633.18
0x4Ce0650EC058449F8b936733b12E945E443EC1bD $ 18,906.766

At this moment you got so far ~$100,000.00, for a nice post with some buzzwords on it.
That is just data and how I see this project so far, with no any code presented.

Really a lot of new accounts.... Grin  but what is written is shareable.

Anyway: the project is really interesting, joining the speed of XRB with privacy, I think it's a winning choice too.

Regarding the mode of a possible airdrop I really like this proposal:

A far better solution is to pre-sell coins. What about whales you say? Well, make a cap, and only sell to people that commented on this thread before a certain timeframe. Ex. max donation is 500 bucks (or half an ether or whatever), and you must have a bitcoin talk account associated with the donation or you get nothing.

I follow with interest ....
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Multiversum
Lurking for a long time here (over two years) and first time to register due to this project that got my attention.
Thinking also to donate, but I am not really comfortable especially not knowing any information about you.

How can we know that you are not trying to scam all and run away with the money?

I can create the same post promising a DAG, PRIVATE, QUANTUM PROOF, and use the dreams of the people to buy me a nice house and claim later that was too much effort, sorry...

I would love that someone here can start a technical questioning rounds with you just to challenge the knowledge that you claim you have.

Edit:

At this moment you got so far ~$100,000.00, for a nice post with some buzzwords on it.
That is just data and how I see this project so far, with no any code presented.

People donated because they wanted to do. Nobody forced anyone. Personally speaking I would be willing to donate after having seen GitHub etc. but people that already did it have done it knowing the risk (I bet).
Activity: 4

Edit:

Activity: 42
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Hey!! Thought I sent this earlier but I think I reached my post limit.  

The fact that this is a DAG and Privacy based one should not be understated. I think that should be front and center on the website! Both words should be there on the site.

Also, I actually really liked the colortones/style from the first post. Gives it a bit more character. What do you think?

All designs are a work in progress and I'm open to any designs the community prefers. Also, community members are free to create their own graphical interpretations of Stone and prospective sites.

In regards to DAG and Privacy, I listed the latter feature on the front page, but I question whether or not most people know or care about what DAG is. I'm open to the community's opinion on this as well, and will update the site with more technical details of the project as it progresses.

They absolutely care - DAG will be the buzzword of 2018 no question.  I also agree that, at the beginning, it might be vaulable to let people know that it s a fork of raiblocks. Can risky, but also brings projects some level of validity. See: Monero, PIVX ect.
Activity: 32
Looks like whatever happens, this thread is going to be interesting...
Activity: 6
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Hey!! Thought I sent this earlier but I think I reached my post limit.  

The fact that this is a DAG and Privacy based one should not be understated. I think that should be front and center on the website! Both words should be there on the site.

Also, I actually really liked the colortones/style from the first post. Gives it a bit more character. What do you think?

All designs are a work in progress and I'm open to any designs the community prefers. Also, community members are free to create their own graphical interpretations of Stone and prospective sites.

In regards to DAG and Privacy, I listed the latter feature on the front page, but I question whether or not most people know or care about what DAG is. I'm open to the community's opinion on this as well, and will update the site with more technical details of the project as it progresses.

New here and just created an account for the sole reason of following Stone. I jumped into Rai about a week before is skyrocketed so I was stoked to find this project. While I agree that a lot of people may not know what DAG is, I think given the recent boom of Rai people may be able to recognize that Stone and Rai are similar in that respect and may gain more interest. I know it's a given considering this is a Rai fork but for people that are jumping into crypto for the first time any little bit helps. Excited to see where this project heads!  Smiley
Hey y'all. My background isn't in computer science, although I've been drinking from the firehouse lately. I can tell this community is really excited about this project (it's the most exciting one I've come across), but I can't help notice that it seems like there's a lot of debate about funding and distribution. Could anyone explain to me why an ICO would be a poor model for funding? It seems to be a proven method, and this is the most exciting project I've found so far. It would be a shame if this project got overshadowed by a copy cat who was able to raise capital faster and meet deadlines quicker.
Activity: 37
Hi all !!! Hi felixando !!!

Happy New Year !!!!

Firstlyl I want to apologize for my English.I'm using Google Translate,but i hope everyone will understand me.I do not often write on this forum, but this topic interested me.So,lets go:

If developers want to attract a large number of users, then the distribution method must be simple.Don't need any ICO-s,crowdsales,bounties or airdrops.
Everyone should start from zero.I agree with Cryptagoras.Distribution can be done through a game.There are several crypto-currencies that use games(Motocoin,Huntercoin).The best option is the flash game.This method of mining the crypto currency is called Proof of Play (PoP).I can even offer a flash game: Stones Masters.You can also use several games( like Tetris,Bubbles,Snake and etc.) and the user will choose the game himself.I know that at the same time there will be an army of bots (like at the Raiblocks faucet) therefore, for the prevention it will be necessary:

1.On the site there must be a mandatory registration with confirmation by email
2.Introduce a restriction:1 account fot 1 IP
3.In the game there should be points that the user will have to exchange for Stones in the site exchanger
4.Assign a threshold for the transfers of Stones to the user's wallet's
5.For transfer to the wallet, each user must have their own unique PIN code

All this will create uncomfortable conditions for bots

With best regards to the project!!!!!
Pages:
Jump to: