Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 67. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Following with interest. But I won't pay before seeing the actual product.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
Look forward seeing the finished product. No ICO right?
Activity: 80
Merit: 2
Your True Helping Hand in Crypto World- Join Slack
Also, distribution is fine, we can discuss.

But have you decided anything on how much you will keep for yourself or future development fund?
Activity: 32
In Raiblocks, when there is a fork,  balance-weighted vote is used to determine the outcome through use of representatives.

How would balance-weighted vote work in Stone? cos certain amount of balances will be shielded if zsnarks are used

Requoting as I would definitely donate if you can answer this question.
From my findings with drafts between the balanced-weighted vote & sk-SNARKs, unfortunately the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & z-addresses (zStone), with an exact exchange between paired wallets for a private untraceable transaction. My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have received the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Apologies in advance for the rough draft schematics, this is not anywhere near complete and is subject to change.

zStone would not be a separate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

felixando

Wow, that sounds great. Looks like progress is being made.
Activity: 4
Watching this, OP said he could finish it in 2 months. RaiBlocks colin worked on the project on his own with no major exchanges look now. This is very promising, will be watching this.
Activity: 36
felixando: Any way to make _every_ transaction private?

Not felix but I think its impossible to make all transactions private, but potentially possible with optional private transactions.

Why not?

Not felix but I think its impossible to make all transactions private, but potentially possible with optional private transactions.
Activity: 13
Hi felixando,

I had a few questions.

1. Id like to donate, but would like to know how many coins would be in return? How would that be tracked?

2. I know it is still early on, but when were you planning on releasing this?

Thanks!
Activity: 1
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
In Raiblocks, when there is a fork,  balance-weighted vote is used to determine the outcome through use of representatives.

How would balance-weighted vote work in Stone? cos certain amount of balances will be shielded if zsnarks are used

From my findings with drafts between the balanced-weighted vote & sk-SNARKs, unfortunately the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & z-addresses (zStone), with an exact exchange between paired wallets for a private untraceable transaction. My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have received the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Apologies in advance for the rough draft schematics, this is not anywhere near complete and is subject to change.

zStone would not be a separate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

felixando
Oh wow, great project. I legitimately wonder why so many people on the outside are saying bad things about this.

You've raised a lot of money now, I think it would be wise to start showing more stuff.

ps: It is kinda easy if you think about it, to write a post with a few tech words and a good promise, easy untraceable 100k.  Cheesy

Same.
Activity: 6
What does the community think about the brand www.iopay.org
Huh

I did a little research and couldn't find anything else about them besides the website. Their website comes off a little scammy, tried calling the number on the website; nothing. They claim over 25,000 members of their community but if they had such traction you'd think they have something else put together.

Pulled this from their website too. "You look at ripple surging to number 2 will eventually be number 1 in market cap. Who the fuck is putting money into it 700M the other day? Centralised as fuck also.
Good move by the guy to set up steller but not enough.
Cardano centralised as fuck too. Will surge and become a big player."

Pretty unprofessional and talking like that wouldn't attract anyone. Seems like garbage to me.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
If the main discussion is about how to best distribute the tokens, this project has a huge problem.

There is no golden way of solving it, just make a choice and go with it. You can't make everybody happy.

Regarding the snapshot idea: If you make it a fixed number of tokens per address, not based on it's containing value (but with a minimum threshold), this will somewhat mitigate the rich getting richer problem. True, people with a lot of wealth can spilt it up in many different accounts (as can others), but this requires dedication and time being put into it and, if you take BTC, transaction fees make for a nice barrier as well. I don't necessarily have a problem with rich people getting a bigger share of the pie, as long as those people are committed to the project and its success.
Activity: 59

Activity: 166
Merit: 10
guys read this post : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2675475.new#new
to me this sounds the same language used for announcing stone,this guy trying to do a nice project pretend to be innocent he doesn't want an ICO but he wouldn't mind small donations to complete the project sure some gullible people will believe,this guy probably inspired by the donation given to the yet if ever to happen stone project so he's taking his chances sure he will get some donations,completing the project or not that's' another story, sure more guys will pop up here and there with similar stories about nice project pretend to be a nice and innocent they wouldn't want an ICO but wouldn't mind small donations but only small donations they wouldn't want big donations because they are nice and innocent guys who want to complete nice project for the community.
This quote from the guy's post on the other thread:
 (This is not an ask for donations, or an announcement for an ICO. This is purely to state my intentions to complete this project. If there is significant interest, I will allow limited donations. If you donate understand that this is not a promise for returns at a later time, but a donation to further develop and create this project.)
Activity: 16
Excited for this. I was an early adopter of raiblocks (sub 50 cents) and believe this could be groundbreaking for the privacy coin sector as well.
Activity: 7
Does topic starter provide any information about him/his skills?
Pages:
Jump to: