Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 69. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Hey!! Thought I sent this earlier but I think I reached my post limit.  

The fact that this is a DAG and Privacy based one should not be understated. I think that should be front and center on the website! Both words should be there on the site.

Also, I actually really liked the colortones/style from the first post. Gives it a bit more character. What do you think?

All designs are a work in progress and I'm open to any designs the community prefers. Also, community members are free to create their own graphical interpretations of Stone and prospective sites.

In regards to DAG and Privacy, I listed the latter feature on the front page, but I question whether or not most people know or care about what DAG is. I'm open to the community's opinion on this as well, and will update the site with more technical details of the project as it progresses.
Activity: 1
just as a side-note i have recently in the last hours updated the original post with the latest list of donators, thank you.

Please all- note that this is a pre-announcement, nothing is yet being announced, there is no wallet at present, no functional codebase and no fully functional zk-SNARK's with a DAG blockchain, for those asking for evidence & testimony. The donation interpretation was just originally a way to fund my development, which then i felt they should receive a contribution in return, so i have offered a stake of Stone. This is not a crowdsale, if your hesitant about the legitimacy, please wait until a stable release has been delivered before you consider donating to the project, even once i finalize acceptance of donations, there will still be a way to receive a small complimentary share of Stone.  Smiley

That being said, itrust you all had a phenomenal 2017, and wish you a wondrous 2018!

felixando

Tried to PM you, it didn't go through and got saved as draft (could be because my account is new). Is it ok to donate without PM?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
I respectfully disagree with any snapshot or another oligarchal distribution. Why fatten the Whales?  We have a rare opportunity  to be an everlasting currency for the World. Let’s make it as accessible to the working class as it is to the wealthy. If we don’t, Stone will just be another nichecoin. If we don’t do it, someone else wil. Only a matter of time. A vast amount of a currency’s utility resides in the trust people have in it. Let’s build that trust by distributing it to more people from all around the planet.

Yeah, absurd thing to make riches richer.

You are somewhat correct in saying that a) this method makes the rich richer, which should not be performed in this manner and b) It should be accessible to the working class, those were my vision and my two values from the start. The airdrop was just an idea brought forward to me by a community member, which i relayed onto the community without deep thought. I'm still pondering ideas for equal & fair distribution, the community is welcome to assist, if anyone has any idea's, please do not be reluctant, deliver them! for myself and the community to assess  Smiley

felixando

There is no silver bullet.

Main thing is to filtering out puppet accounts and what are essentially sybil attacks on distribution mechanism.  Unfortunate side-effect of that is that "small guys" with no reputation get filtered out.  So probably having multiple channels of distribution would help mitigate this.  For example, part distribution based on forum level or activity number and part based on Twitter or facebook account.  Part via captcha or IP address.  As long as each mechanism tries to kills puppets and you offer lots of mechanisms, over a reasonable period of time, then you will get a good distribution.  A good example would be how Semux has done it.
copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
Do you have any estimation for a launch date?

I have no experience in coding or anything alike, so I'm just wondering how time consuming sth like this usually is.

Hi coinnoob12, i cant be accurate with a precise time-frame, however since the codebase is already complete (RaiBlocks codebase) and its an  unparalleled implementation of zk-SNARK's to implement privacy features, my aim from the start was 1-2 months, providing there are no extreme technical hurdles which hinder myself from being able to implement these features.

felixando
Activity: 42
I've updated stonecurrency.org/#support with various links to prospective community accounts, including github.com/stonecurrency once it's ready. I intend on giving Felix and trusted community members access to these accounts in due time. As always, any and all feedback is welcome!

Hey!! Thought I sent this earlier but I think I reached my post limit. 

The fact that this is a DAG and Privacy based one should not be understated. I think that should be front and center on the website! Both words should be there on the site.

Also, I actually really liked the colortones/style from the first post. Gives it a bit more character. What do you think?
Activity: 4
Do you have any estimation for a launch date?

I have no experience in coding or anything alike, so I'm just wondering how time consuming sth like this usually is.

copper member
just as a side-note i have recently in the last hours updated the original post with the latest list of donators, thank you.

Please all- note that this is a pre-announcement, nothing is yet being announced, there is no wallet at present, no functional codebase and no fully functional zk-SNARK's with a DAG blockchain, for those asking for evidence & testimony. The donation interpretation was just originally a way to fund my development, which then i felt they should receive a contribution in return, so i have offered a stake of Stone. This is not a crowdsale, if your hesitant about the legitimacy, please wait until a stable release has been delivered before you consider donating to the project, even once i finalize acceptance of donations, there will still be a way to receive a small complimentary share of Stone.  Smiley

That being said, itrust you all had a phenomenal 2017, and wish you a wondrous 2018!

felixando
Activity: 9
I respectfully disagree with any snapshot or another oligarchal distribution. Why fatten the Whales?  We have a rare opportunity  to be an everlasting currency for the World. Let’s make it as accessible to the working class as it is to the wealthy. If we don’t, Stone will just be another nichecoin. If we don’t do it, someone else wil. Only a matter of time. A vast amount of a currency’s utility resides in the trust people have in it. Let’s build that trust by distributing it to more people from all around the planet.

You are somewhat correct in saying that a) this method makes the rich richer, which should not be performed in this manner and b) It should be accessible to the working class, those were my vision and my two values from the start. The airdrop was just an idea brought forward to me by a community member, which i relayed onto the community without deep thought. I'm still pondering ideas for equal & fair distribution, the community is welcome to assist, if anyone has any idea's, please do not be reluctant, deliver them! for myself and the community to assess  Smiley

felixando

Hi Felixando,

You could do the distribution through a game. There are plenty of basic open source games available through which you can link the distribution of the coins. This would prevent exploits by bots and anyone can participate to play for coins.
Activity: 22

felixando

i'm maybe a newbie but been here already for months and lurking into the forum. Thats a good thing for a developer whose very open to the communities ideas fair distributions is the best way.
copper member

felixando
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
Multiversum

I respectfully disagree with any snapshot or another oligarchal distribution. Why fatten the Whales?  We have a rare opportunity  to be an everlasting currency for the World. Let’s make it as accessible to the working class as it is to the wealthy. If we don’t, Stone will just be another nichecoin. If we don’t do it, someone else wil. Only a matter of time.

No such thing as everlasting especially in crypto.  Tech changes very very fast.

It’s changing fast now, until more adequate currencies for the masses take hold. Why not maximize Stone’s potential utility with maximized accessibility?
legendary
I respectfully disagree with any snapshot or another oligarchal distribution. Why fatten the Whales?  We have a rare opportunity  to be an everlasting currency for the World. Let’s make it as accessible to the working class as it is to the wealthy. If we don’t, Stone will just be another nichecoin. If we don’t do it, someone else wil. Only a matter of time.

No such thing as everlasting especially in crypto.  Tech changes very very fast.
legendary

1 - Since the coins are all created in a genesis block, they were created over X years for X time by X quantity, and that these coins were a form of incentive to #Stone full nodes causing the network to be robust and fast, maybe my idea needs to be reformulated but it is an example.

2 - In raibloks it is necessary a little proof of work for those who will receive the coins, only the pow of those who send is already sufficient to avoid spam and even if they try to make spam it will be useless, I think it is possible to eliminate this pow of receipt , this would increase the currency's scalability by 2x, maybe my idea needs to be reformulated but it's an example ...

3 - The reduction of ragged information in each block and an efficient pruning system, assuming that the blocks function as a merkle tree saving only the balances of each account, maybe my idea needs to be reformulated but it is an example ...

Please contact me by email: [email protected]

These are interesting ideas.  I do not understand what you mean by 1.  2. seems good, but is that really safe? 3. good idea, but how to be safe.  RaiBlocks is unsafe as far as I know, so Stone should do some work to make it secure.  The dev seems sensible and open to good ideas and sets a reasonable pace and expectation, so hopefully he will take these ideas on board.
I respectfully disagree with any snapshot or another oligarchal distribution. Why fatten the Whales?  We have a rare opportunity  to be an everlasting currency for the World. Let’s make it as accessible to the working class as it is to the wealthy. If we don’t, Stone will just be another nichecoin. If we don’t do it, someone else will. Only a matter of time. A vast amount of a currency’s utility resides in the trust people have in it. Let’s build that trust by distributing it to more people from all around the planet.
Activity: 13
raiblocks 2.0 ? are you one of raiblocks core team ? or this thread is just to gain more exposure / new money comes into raiblocks  Huh

btw DAG with privacy features will be very interesting
this project will be hype as what raiblocks gained till today

I bet this to be much better than RaiBlocks, avoiding their mistakes (very bad exchange, pump based on low volume and exchange bug) and possible price manipulation too.

indeed .. this project will be far better since imho raiblocks  is just missing privacy feature to be the most effective crypto future

but still fair distribution method  is one of the success key for this project
Activity: 700
Merit: 105
APESWAP
Long time lurker here, I don't really get how you're surprised at the amount of traction this thread is getting. Raiblocks has been kind of a big deal lately and it's fair to say that most of us weren't on that rocket, so it's natural that a fork of that frankly amazing tech, gains quite an audience.

Still, OP has to prove himself before we can for certain say that this is legit, that's for sure.
No one is surprised as to the attractions the thread is getting.  It's a concern of how numerous newbies and brand new accounts are flooding the thread and everyone having a hang of Dag tech.
Activity: 4
When do you read your PMs ?
Activity: 28
Activity: 1
I've been lurking this thread for about a week now and the idea sounds good, but I don't know something sounds off to me. Do you have any links to any previous work you've done or even a github account so at the very least we can verify you can program?
Pages:
Jump to: