Pages:
Author

Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs - page 22. (Read 93728 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Bummer, so the hopes of Barnes & Noble selling them has been delayed to a future point in time?
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear or you misunderstood. We're still exactly on track with Barnes and Noble's account managers. The process itself takes 3-4 months, which hasn't passed yet because we haven't printed an issue to show them yet. It's non-issue.

Would it be helpful for me to research some non-chain options in the Cleveland market?  I don't know what the options are, but I could try to look into it if you like.
Thank you, but not at this time no.

Also, would you mind confirming I should e-mail [email protected] about increasing my order size?

Indeed, that is the correct email address, or you could speak with Adam Harding, the customer accounts manager directly at [email protected]

He'll get you squared away.

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I want to see which one gets released first, the magazine or Diablo III.

Which ever one comes first will be my next obsession in life for sure!   

Matthew (or anyone else at Bitcoin Magazine), I purchased one issue not realizing that 12 issues meant 12 months... haha

Also, now I see that there are 3, 6 & 12 Issues (I'm assuming months) options.

How can I upgrade my order to be 3 issues so that I get the "Surprise Gift Included?"  Do I need to e-mail someone, perhaps [email protected]?

I didn't really want to pre-order many of the first issue, b/c I assume that it will be a good thing for me to buy more copies at my local Barnes & Noble. 

I plan to go buy one and read it at the place and potentially donate it to the nearest dentist's office or something.  I want to help spread them that way, but my wife only let's me put so much money into promoting bitcoins, b/c she wonders what I get out of it... hehe  It's an awesome hobby!

Thanks for the support. Really though, no one should be expecting the first, second or even third issue to be in book stores. Publishing agreements with chains like that take months to finalize.

Bummer, so the hopes of Barnes & Noble selling them has been delayed to a future point in time?  Would it be helpful for me to research some non-chain options in the Cleveland market?  I don't know what the options are, but I could try to look into it if you like.

Just say the word and I'll add it to my "to-do" list. Smiley

Also, would you mind confirming I should e-mail [email protected] about increasing my order size?

Thanks Matthew!

Matthew (or anyone else at Bitcoin Magazine), I purchased one issue not realizing that 12 issues meant 12 months... haha

How can I upgrade my order to be 3 issues so that I get the "Surprise Gift Included?"  Do I need to e-mail someone, perhaps [email protected]?

I didn't really want to pre-order many of the first issue, b/c I assume that it will be a good thing for me to buy more copies at my local Barnes & Noble. 

I plan to go buy one and read it at the place and potentially donate it to the nearest dentist's office or something.  I want to help spread them that way, but my wife only let's me put so much money into promoting bitcoins, b/c she wonders what I get out of it... hehe  It's an awesome hobby!

Thanks for the support. Really though, no one should be expecting the first, second or even third issue to be in book stores. Publishing agreements with chains like that take months to finalize.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
lolz. I already have a c64, so does anyone wanna send me some carts/disks?

kthxbai.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1022
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
Jon
donator
Activity: 98
Merit: 12
No Gods; No Masters; Only You
I'd like frogger on a 5.25" floppy, thank you very much. Wink

Will you settle for oregon trail for the Apple I?

Does it come with the Apple I?

An Apple II should suffice.

http://www.virtualapple.org/
legendary
What's a GPU?

Does it come with the Apple I?

legendary
What's a GPU?
Will you include a copy of Half-Life Episode 3 or Duke Nukem Forever with every issue?

For you I will include Duke Nukem 1, DOS shareware version on two separate 3.25" floppies.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Will you include a copy of Half-Life Episode 3 or Duke Nukem Forever with every issue?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10

Thank you so much for the details Smiley

I had noticed about http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/ , but since there was no recent update either on that board, I'm happily happy by your kind answers.

Wish you all the best !
legendary
What's a GPU?
I just bought one, excited Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

Excellent post..

This pretty much sums up why there has been an epic delay.

Matthew is building a machine and by the looks of it he's almost finished.

Great for Bitcoin bad for Matthew haters.

Awesome job Matthew, we can't wait to see the first issue!
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Havent fololowed the thread for some time can anyone tell me if there is any specific date when the bitcoin magazine appears?

The Bitcoin Magazine staff is working diligently to get the first issue wright.

Image of Vitalik Buterin, Mihai Alisie, Matthew N. Wright, Vladimir
Marchenko and Matthew N. Wright again (thanks to special effects)

~Cackling Bear~
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Activity: 311
Merit: 251
Bitcoin.se site owner
Havent fololowed the thread for some time can anyone tell me if there is any specific date when the bitcoin magazine appears?

No, there isn't. Matthew's last update is here.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
It might be cheaper just to ship the March & April (and May?) issue with the February issue when they're sent out.

...  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: