Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 11. (Read 73367 times)

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

Get off your horse! lol People are entitled to express their opinions and to discuss eventualities.

There's a difference between expressing your opinion and telling consenting adults what to do.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Telling people to put their money where their mouth is is not pressuring them to gamble, it's pressuring them to stop being a douche.

So people are either stupid, douches, or betting against MNW.

From irc log:
[2012-08-20 18:26:59] <_matthew_> lol
[2012-08-20 18:27:19] <_matthew_> HAS ANYONE SEEN PIRATE!?!!? WHERE ARE MY INTERNET DOLLARS THAT I GAMBLED INTO SOMETHING I DONT UNDERSTAND OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT???
[2012-08-20 18:27:20] gonna be a long day in #btcst
[2012-08-20 18:27:22] <_matthew_> People....
[2012-08-20 18:27:24] <_matthew_> are...
[2012-08-20 18:27:26] <_matthew_> stupid...
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
I also find that putting pressure on people to gamble is highly unethical. Even more so when other side of the "bet" is not in escrow.
If the "also" refereed to my posts, I don't find his bet "highly unethical".
It will be highly unethical only if he looses and doesn't pay up.

Moreover, I think (just a hunch) that there is something deeper about it and we will find out soon what it was.
If I were Pirate and planing to pay out, arranging such a bet would be my ultimate revenge for all the bad things I've read about myself.
And if the winning would go to a charity - then there is nothing unethical about it, whatsoever.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Telling people to put their money where their mouth is is not pressuring them to gamble, it's pressuring them to stop being a douche.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1001
-
@Matthew, something tells me that you have cut a deal with Pirate before staring this topic...
Am I right?

I did not start this topic and I have not cut any deals with pirate. I am not in bed with pirate. I do not know pirate. I have never talked to him on the phone even, nor have I ever met him. I have no idea what he looks like or if Trenden Shavers is in fact his real name or not. I do not know if anyone in the community even knows his phone number, much less if it's an anonymous line. I do not know what he is doing behind the scenes. For the last time, my bet is one of faith. I am prepared to lose and be wrong, but the mere act of making the bet sets a precedent for loud mouthed dipshits in this community to finally back their "expert opinions" with more than an anonymous throwaway sockpuppet reputation. It should cost money to make baseless accusations, that's why defamation laws were created. Go team!
I don't believe anything you've said Smiley

Then let's bet that you're wrong. How much do you want to wager?
So you just like gambling high stakes - don't matter the subject?

You just like making baseless accusations, don't matter the evidence?

It's not about betting, it's about backing up your accusations. Make the bet if you're sure of it.

Get off your horse! lol People are entitled to express their opinions and to discuss eventualities. That does not automatically mean making accusations. Someone saying without qualifications: "Pirate and all his associates are fraudsters", would be a good  example of an accusation and not even completely baseless one, given the circumstances. But yes in court of law fraud is a criminal matter and have to be proven on beyond reasonable doubt standard to get conviction. That would DA's job apparently.

I also find that putting pressure on people to gamble is highly unethical. Even more so when other side of the "bet" is not in escrow.

If you lost money in pirate's ponzi scheme, you can contact the Collin County District Attorney Special Prosecution Division. They deal with financial fraud. Pirate (aka pirateat40) is Trendon Shavers, 30, of McKinney, Texas.

Pirate's associates are Zach Nakaska and Michael Thalasinos.

Contact info:

John L. Schomburger, 1st Assistant District Attorney and Chief of Special Prosecution Division
Ext. 3610
(972) 548-4323
(972) 424-1460 (metro)
(214) 491-4860 (fax)

2100 Bloomdale Road, Suite 100
McKinney, TX 75071

[email protected]

this has gotten quite serious

Dis is sewious business!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
If you lost money in pirate's ponzi scheme, you can contact the Collin County District Attorney Special Prosecution Division. They deal with financial fraud. Pirate (aka pirateat40) is Trendon Shavers, 30, of McKinney, Texas.

Contact info:

John L. Schomburger, 1st Assistant District Attorney and Chief of Special Prosecution Division
Ext. 3610
(972) 548-4323
(972) 424-1460 (metro)
(214) 491-4860 (fax)

McKinney, TX 75071

[email protected]

this has gotten quite serious
vip
It's not that difficult:

"There is a guy named Trendon Shavers, who lives in McKinney Texas, that has been running a ponzi scheme since November (or whenever it was). The scheme has finally collapsed, and his has bilked his investors out of around $5 million."

You don't have any sympathy for the people he ripped off, and that's ok. But he has (allegedly) committed a serious crime. People don't need proof to file a complaint. They just need to make the D.A. aware of it, and he will find the proof (if there is any).

They'll ask you how you sent the funds.  You'll say bitcoin. They'll say what? You'll have to prove value.  Then you have to prove you actually sent it.  Then he spends all this time researching and by the time he gets around to it, pirate's already paid people back.  They don't take kindly when you stretch the facts. 

No. You are wrong. All it takes is for a few people to contact them and they will investigate.  Anyway, you are contradicting yourself by implying that people are stupid for entrusting their money to a legitimate business.

Actually, I'm not.  I was only hypothesizing what the story would be.  I'm not the one advocating people call the DA.  derp.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
It's not that difficult:

"There is a guy named Trendon Shavers, who lives in McKinney Texas, that has been running a ponzi scheme since November (or whenever it was). The scheme has finally collapsed, and his has bilked his investors out of around $5 million."

You don't have any sympathy for the people he ripped off, and that's ok. But he has (allegedly) committed a serious crime. People don't need proof to file a complaint. They just need to make the D.A. aware of it, and he will find the proof (if there is any).

They'll ask you how you sent the funds.  You'll say bitcoin. They'll say what? You'll have to prove value.  Then you have to prove you actually sent it.  Then he spends all this time researching and by the time he gets around to it, pirate's already paid people back.  They don't take kindly when you stretch the facts. 

No. You are wrong. All it takes is for a few people to contact them and they will investigate.  Anyway, you are contradicting yourself by implying that people are stupid for entrusting their money to a legitimate business.
vip
It's not that difficult:

legendary
If you lost money in pirate's ponzi scheme, you can contact the Collin County District Attorney Special Prosecution Division. They deal with financial fraud. Pirate (aka pirateat40) is

google infos

Nice job, you know how to use Google. woo

?

And you know English! What's your point?

You're going to call the DA and say what exactly?  "I gave this guy I don't know that I met on the internet a bunch of electronic 'money' and he has been paying me interest.  Over the weekend he announced he was closing.  I think his high rate of return and refusal to reveal his business to me makes him a ponzi but I have no proof.  I know I didn't bother to research before sending him the 'money', but I care now. kthnxbye"

It's not that difficult:

Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
If you lost money in pirate's ponzi scheme, you can contact the Collin County District Attorney Special Prosecution Division. They deal with financial fraud. Pirate (aka pirateat40) is

google infos

?

You're going to call the DA and say what exactly?  "I gave this guy I don't know that I met on the internet a bunch of electronic 'money' and he has been paying me interest.  Over the weekend he announced he was closing.  I think his high rate of return and refusal to reveal his business to me makes him a ponzi but I have no proof.  I know I didn't bother to research before sending him the 'money', but I care now. kthnxbye"

If we all stick to this script and call now, he will have dozens of voice mails FORCING him to pay attention when he comes to work tomorrow morning.

Maybe not this exact script...
vip

google infos

?

legendary

google infos

?

vip

google infos

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Ha ha!
legendary

Contact info:

Ext. 3610
(972) 548-4323
(972) 424-1460 (metro)
(214) 491-4860 (fax)

McKinney, TX 75071

[email protected]
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
yeah. or have a life for a change.. Tongue
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Let's all just calm down, hug, keep our money far from our mouth and continue to spread FUD Smiley
OK.
But while waiting for more disbelievers, let me just add that I'm not going to bet. Smiley

hehe. Fair enough.
Pages:
Jump to: