Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 13. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500
I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?

Is that the one who offers bets, but only up to BTC100?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Agreed, as long as its not put into effect pirate has another 10 days left to avoid a cut in his profit margins by 5000 BTC....

It doesn't cut into his profit. Why should the pirate even think about a bet he intended to lose all along?

How do you know what pirate's intentions are/were?

Because they are so obvious.

They may not be obvious to someone who believes he can get rich by handing over his money to some anonymous guy who promises 3,300% interest, but they are obvious to me and to you. We just have opposite intentions. I would like to see you serve a jail term in the cell next to pirateat40.

I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?

Hard to bet when you have no money you can lose.
donator
Activity: 668
Agreed, as long as its not put into effect pirate has another 10 days left to avoid a cut in his profit margins by 5000 BTC....

It doesn't cut into his profit. Why should the pirate even think about a bet he intended to lose all along?

How do you know what pirate's intentions are/were?

Because they are so obvious.

They may not be obvious to someone who believes he can get rich by handing over his money to some anonymous guy who promises 3,300% interest, but they are obvious to me and to you. We just have opposite intentions. I would like to see you serve a jail term in the cell next to pirateat40.

I don't see you in Matthew Wright's thread, making easy money.  Why is that?
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
Vandroiy is suspiciously quiet these last couple days. Cheesy I think he is sweating buckets, as he has finally figured out what is going on.

Why would he be sweating if neither party is keeping the winnings?  Roll Eyes

He goes on vacation, only coming back for settling the bet in september...he even pretends not to be much interested in the various reason for delaying the dissolution
of BCST. (watch thread of how to recognize a ponzi)

Me is very fascinated by the funny fireworks right to begin Cheesy

Why should Vandroiy be sweating if he has always been perfectly sure he will win the bet? I can assure you, he is not sweating at all.

I think the "fireworks" will not be very funny. Those with a brain knew all along what will happen, and the others will lose their money and disappear from the bitcoin scene, I hope. That is the only way to get rid of all those scams.

I do hope, however, that the worst scammers will be caught and punished. After all, we have a civilization to defend. Smiley If that does not happen, then we would be assured once more that the world is a madhouse.

Check also: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=433

Note also that we are just watching another shakeout in the bitcoin market, which will again become more stable after this, fortunately.

Even Patrick Hernatt thinks that pirate was doing a viable buiseness, 7 % weekly return on your capital is to be attained selling stuff for example while working...

of course pirate has not the stature to stay at the helm of bitcoin community even as he was and is an fantastic actor, are new visions now breeded or will

the angloamerican spirit to conquer by sword and speculation be replaced with some visionarys?

Still i don´t understand how the payouts of betsofbitcoin are settled...no concrete info in there.....

Cheers Zyk
Vandroiy is suspiciously quiet these last couple days. Cheesy I think he is sweating buckets, as he has finally figured out what is going on.

He goes on vacation, only coming back for settling the bet in september...he even pretends not to be much interested in the various reason for delaying the dissolution

Why should Vandroiy be sweating if he has always been perfectly sure he will win the bet? I can assure you, he is not sweating at all.

I think the "fireworks" will not be very funny. Those with a brain knew all along what will happen, and the others will lose their money and disappear from the bitcoin scene, I hope. That is the only way to get rid of all those scams.

I do hope, however, that the worst scammers will be caught and punished. After all, we have a civilization to defend. Smiley If that does not happen, then we would be assured once more that the world is a madhouse.

Check also: http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=433

Note also that we are just watching another shakeout in the bitcoin market, which will again become more stable after this, fortunately.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101

Cheers Zyk

P:S: could someone explain to me how payout of betsofbitcoin is calculated in the end?
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Thanks for letting me know you're devoid of humor and needs to be ignored.
You should change your avatar to

because i think you misunderstood the character you intend to display completely. But hey, at least you put the entire picture into the thread again.

Why sweat when he is winning almost a year early? Seems like a good thing.
Activity: 588
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
And thank you for doing the same.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
If you ask me for my guess:

Thanks for letting me know you're devoid of humor and needs to be ignored.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
So if Pirate does indeed close operations in an orderly fashion the bets he will have won will make a nice retirement gift.

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.

Exactly.
Activity: 467
So if Pirate does indeed close operations in an orderly fashion the bets he will have won will make a nice retirement gift.

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Activity: 372

LOL  Would be awesome if you add a caption or a meme.  hahaha
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Activity: 252
BTCS&T closing, orderly shutdown promised starting monday.

It was about time. 10.000 BTC are just about to find a new home  Smiley

And the market to become a bit more sane, I hope!
FYI, here is my interpretation.

Since the existing ToS includes the provision for pirate's ability to change interest rates "with notice", this latest change in interest rates does not violate the terms of the bet contract, even though it did not itself have a 30 day notice. The term "interest rates" was only used as an example of terms that may change in ToS; the list of examples was not intended to be either exhaustive or necessarily-inclusive. The point of the ToS changes section and advance notice thereof, was to make sure that users are given ample notice for any unexpected material changes.

For your easy reference, link to bet contract:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1013589

Yes, makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Interest rate changes will not change the outcome of the bet anyway, because if pirateat40 lowered the rates as far as needed to make them believable, most of his "investors" would attempt to withdraw their money, which would end any Ponzi scheme.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
FYI, here is my interpretation.

Since the existing ToS includes the provision for pirate's ability to change interest rates "with notice", this latest change in interest rates does not violate the terms of the bet contract, even though it did not itself have a 30 day notice. The term "interest rates" was only used as an example of terms that may change in ToS; the list of examples was not intended to be either exhaustive or necessarily-inclusive. The point of the ToS changes section and advance notice thereof, was to make sure that users are given ample notice for any unexpected material changes.

For your easy reference, link to bet contract:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1013589
Witnessed again, from team impartial.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: