Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 16. (Read 73367 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
That being said, the reason for the 10% fee on using GPUmax is now absolutely clear:

you mean he should let people use GPUmax for free?
On the contrary, I'm saying that how well GPUmax can clean coins makes it worth the fee. If anything, he could raise the fee.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
You get freshly minted coins directly from a pool. How could they be anything less than perfectly laundered? Are you stating the obvious here or am I missing something?

No, you don't.  The only pool that pays out 'freshly minted' coins that I know of, is eligius, and even then, if its been a while since a block, luke-jr will push out a manual pay and those aren't newly mined.

now that I think of it, it was only an assumption the pools (other than eligius) pay out directly from the mined blocks. Still, there should not be any connection to the coins used to purchase the shares unless the pool operator is invested in bs&t Cheesy
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
You get freshly minted coins directly from a pool. How could they be anything less than perfectly laundered? Are you stating the obvious here or am I missing something?

No, you don't.  The only pool that pays out 'freshly minted' coins that I know of, is eligius, and even then, if its been a while since a block, luke-jr will push out a manual pay and those aren't newly mined.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
Turns out, GPUmax deposits are sent to BS&T. That makes this flow almost worthless, information wise, and the audit of BS&T even more impossible.

That being said, the reason for the 10% fee on using GPUmax is now absolutely clear: your coins are perfectly laundered, in ALL respects. However, this hasn't made enough income for Pirate to pay for BS&T, not by a long shot.

With the possibility of P using GPUMax as a customer to launder BS&T coins to take off with this boils down to the question of how much hashpower there is on GPUMax / how much coins go through GPUMax.

Maged, would it be possible to deduct GPUMax "active" throughput from the 10% fees?

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I see plenty of native english speakers around here who can't tell the difference between THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE... and it's just a little example as there are much more.

Don't you mean many more?  Wink

Oh crap...
But I haz excuze. Me not native-engrish.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I see plenty of native english speakers around here who can't tell the difference between THERE, THEIR and THEY'RE... and it's just a little example as there are much more.

Don't you mean many more?  Wink
vip
That being said, the reason for the 10% fee on using GPUmax is now absolutely clear:

you mean he should let people use GPUmax for free?
legendary
AFAIK any search term that is enclosed on quotation marks is an expression search and will only return results that contain said expression.
I've just tried it myself(using quotation marks) and it only shows me around 45k results for each search, not 385k, and the results resturned are very different from each other.

Lrn 2 google Wink

Google has been tuning their searches to individual users for quite some time already, so each user can get a different result. But anyway the totals, though not the ordering, for the two different searches are the same, showing that Google Search is broken, which has been irritating me every day since Google did these changes.

I will stop explaining Google Search here, because we are drifting too far off-topic. I'd like to return to the more interesting question through which institutions (in addition to GPUMAX?) the money is laundered.

I know very well what personalized search is, but that only ranks certain sites above others depending if you already clicked those results on previous searches or if someone in your G+ circles gave it a +1. Search operators work the same as before and always will. Google isn't broken, I can guarantee.
Stop trying to find excuses. You don't know how to use a search engine, period. Good thing you stopped explaining Google Search here, 'cause you clearly don't know jack shit about it.

Also, I'm still waiting for you literary analysis on Pirate's posts.
Activity: 695
AFAIK any search term that is enclosed on quotation marks is an expression search and will only return results that contain said expression.
I've just tried it myself(using quotation marks) and it only shows me around 45k results for each search, not 385k, and the results resturned are very different from each other.

Lrn 2 google Wink

Google has been tuning their searches to individual users for quite some time already, so each user can get a different result. But anyway the totals, though not the ordering, for the two different searches are the same, showing that Google Search is broken, which has been irritating me every day since Google did these changes.

I will stop explaining Google Search here, because we are drifting too far off-topic. I'd like to return to the more interesting question through which institutions (in addition to GPUMAX?) the money is laundered.
legendary

Lrn 2 google Wink
Activity: 695
Also, google doesn't agree with you, on the rarity of the exact same sentence structure
http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q="I+hope+you+soon+realize"

Google Search is useless here. Whether I search for "I hope you soon realize" or the correct "I hope you'll soon realize", I get 382,000 hits either way, apparently because Google uses some kind of fuzzy search.

But perhaps I'm mistaken anyway, and this is commonly used slang. I don't remember other flawed English in detail, so I have to withdraw the conclusion.

"Realize" is American English. British would be "realise", so that makes Great Britain less likely. But then it would always be possible to fake a certain type of English, if somebody really wanted to.

Consider any conclusions retracted. It don't matter much anyway (to use my own slang).
legendary
Turns out, GPUmax deposits are sent to BS&T. That makes this flow almost worthless, information wise, and the audit of BS&T even more impossible.

That being said, the reason for the 10% fee on using GPUmax is now absolutely clear: your coins are perfectly laundered, in ALL respects. However, this hasn't made enough income for Pirate to pay for BS&T, not by a long shot.
legendary
Is it a problem if the wallets of both services are one and the same, as long as the book keeping is separate and accurate?
They aren't. Funds are explicitly flowing from BS&T to a completely separate GPUmax wallet.

Examples? (More than one.)
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/12005455/bcd1293a5ec225add03a958b5b2ad6c5487daec5a26c4d990326ed9c8a467951
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/11686513/1bc697e270a36bc93c3283765e04c77e920761284f599106f679506d22af012f

We're talking thousands of coins, here, and that's just with a quick glance. And yes, the addresses these funds are coming from have been verified to be in the BS&T wallet.

Isn't this just like when person(s) pay the the shakaru collection fund?  If I don't setup an explicit wallet, people will see outputs that go to my other things and the shakaru distributions will come from other sources.  Basically, it isn't necessarily shakaru in->shakaru out.  Am I missing something here?
No, you pretty much have it, which is why I haven't claimed that this is a bad sign. However, I don't know what a payment to buy work off of GPUmax looks like to compare against. If all of said payments are sent to BS&T deposit addresses, there's nothing fishy here (other than a convenient excuse that allows Pirate to hide his own laundry with transactions that don't correspond to any GPUmax deposits). What would be scary is if normal deposits to GPUmax were directly sent to GPUmax's wallet, despite this massive flow between the two systems.

Some of you guys seem to have purchased from GPUmax. Could I get your deposit address?
vip
Is it a problem if the wallets of both services are one and the same, as long as the book keeping is separate and accurate?
They aren't. Funds are explicitly flowing from BS&T to a completely separate GPUmax wallet.

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/12005455/bcd1293a5ec225add03a958b5b2ad6c5487daec5a26c4d990326ed9c8a467951
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/11686513/1bc697e270a36bc93c3283765e04c77e920761284f599106f679506d22af012f

We're talking thousands of coins, here, and that's just with a quick glance. And yes, the addresses these funds are coming from have been verified to be in the BS&T wallet.

Isn't this just like when person(s) pay the the shakaru collection fund?  If I don't setup an explicit wallet, people will see outputs that go to my other things and the shakaru distributions will come from other sources.  Basically, it isn't necessarily shakaru in->shakaru out.  Am I missing something here?
legendary

vip
imsaguy: lol WHAT? CLIPSE? Shocked

God these people, brazen is an insufficient word. Grin And you come here just pointing it out to my face! Pool started: January 22, 2012. I only knew Clipse from IRC, I thought it was some spam identity on Pirate's side to throw insults at me. He's quite active in the BS&T chan from what I saw.

Maged, feel like checking Clipse's pool for BS&T coin output in a similar manner? Should I start offering bets you'll find some? Huh

I begin to get the feeling "imsaguy" is just making fun of me by now. Why the heck did you point that out, just to watch me go "lolwut"? Well, that was a perfect success. I guess we figured out were just told how they got the throughput up.

Clearly you didn't bother to think outside of your tiny box.  Answer each of those questions, on their own.

As promised:

How are any of the other pools that were around paying 110%?

Next, why have many pools switched from Prop to PPS or some other averaged system?

Once you figure that, you'll realize you owe pirate an apology.  Seeing how you shittalk though, I doubt that will ever actually ever happen because you don't have the balls for it.

When you fail to positively answer the last question, it shows just how much you really don't know about bitcoin.  Which then in turn explains why you fail on so many of your other claims.
legendary
Activity: 1036
imsaguy: Clipse? Shocked

Why come here and point that out to me? I only knew Clipse from IRC, I thought it was some spam identity on Pirate's side to throw insults at me. He's quite active in the BS&T chan from what I saw.

Huh

I begin to get the feeling "imsaguy" is just making fun of me by now. Why the heck did you point that out, just to watch me go "lolwut"? Well, that was a perfect success. I guess we figured out were just told how they got the throughput up.
vip
It ISN'T the only argument just because you haven't thought of the others.

Haven't you heard of the powerful proof technique called reductio ad absentiam imaginationis? Trust me, I'm a proof theorist and mathematical logician.

I'm familiar with reductio ad absurdum but after a quick consult with an Italian friend much better at Latin than I, I realized they were pretty similar.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
It ISN'T the only argument just because you haven't thought of the others.

Haven't you heard of the powerful proof technique called reductio ad absentiam imaginationis? Trust me, I'm a proof theorist and mathematical logician.
vip
This is actually the only viable argument here. Is the laundry too slow? We have about 7200 coins produced daily, what fraction might it get?

As an example, 6% of hashpower over 100 days yield 43200 BTC. That's becoming interesting. If it is able to use 20% of hashpower -- well, then there's little question, with 100k BTC in 70 days! So, can someone persuade me there's not enough hashpower there? The gpumax thread looks pretty long for a minor operation, if I may say.

Dude, you're borderline idiot.  It ISN'T the only argument just because you haven't thought of the others.  Seriously, you want people to do all the thinking for you while you just spew bullshit.

As giga and I already explained, hashing on GPUmax hasn't been 24x7.   In the beginning it was higher priced and it was more steady for two reasons.. there were fewer miners in the system so it took longer to get through jobs and because the market price hadn't settled yet.  One large miner could put a stupid high price in and bring up the system average.  That is no longer the case. Once again you guys are making estimates based on FUBAR evidence.  Your estimates factor in GPUmax running 24x7, but instead its running maybe 1x5.  Nowhere near enough to launder the amount of coins you think pirate needs to launder.

Here's the next thing for you to consider, but you seriously need to consider it.  I will repeat this post over and over until you do.

How is this guy paying 110% https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bonus-pps-pool-130-pps-open-60717 ?

Next, how are any of the other pools that were around paying 110%?

Next, why have many pools switched from Prop to PPS or some other averaged system?

Once you figure that, you'll realize you owe pirate an apology.  Seeing how you shittalk though, I doubt that will ever actually ever happen because you don't have the balls for it.
Pages:
Jump to: