Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 19. (Read 73367 times)

vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
What's the going estimate of how much Pirate has taken in, not counting any interest? BTC100,000? BTC200,000? No clue? Have some of his clients revealed their payments?
Between 100k and 300k btc, and that's just with the information that we have. He could easily have more.

So he took in 300k... how much has he paid out?  Without a reference point, coins flowing in means nothing.

I think the 300k is a rough estimate of current holdings based on last week's interest payment.

It appears that at least 22k BTC was paid out in interest last week.  Assuming nobody automatically re-invested, and that everyone gets 7% per week, that means total holding are 22k/0.07 = 314k BTC.  Of course some people do re-invest, and some get lower interest rates, so the real figure will be higher than this.

How do you account for the people that ask for withdrawals timed with the interest payments?  That will artificially inflate their interest payment by a factor of 7.

Do regular withdrawals appear in the same transaction as interest payments?

People have a singular withdrawal address.  If you request a withdrawal, it appears just like an interest payment.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
What's the going estimate of how much Pirate has taken in, not counting any interest? BTC100,000? BTC200,000? No clue? Have some of his clients revealed their payments?
Between 100k and 300k btc, and that's just with the information that we have. He could easily have more.

So he took in 300k... how much has he paid out?  Without a reference point, coins flowing in means nothing.

I think the 300k is a rough estimate of current holdings based on last week's interest payment.

It appears that at least 22k BTC was paid out in interest last week.  Assuming nobody automatically re-invested, and that everyone gets 7% per week, that means total holding are 22k/0.07 = 314k BTC.  Of course some people do re-invest, and some get lower interest rates, so the real figure will be higher than this.

How do you account for the people that ask for withdrawals timed with the interest payments?  That will artificially inflate their interest payment by a factor of 7.

Do regular withdrawals appear in the same transaction as interest payments?
vip

legendary

vip

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Activity: 695
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Some people (Who? Pirate himself? SR? Jimmy Hoffa?) pay a premium for vanilla coins. That's the theory.

Thanks, I was missing this. Though I think some pools do their payouts as generated/virgin/vanilla coins, eligius pool for one.

Right, but to take advantage of this, you have to actually mine. Pirate doesn't mine, or at least not as many coins as he needs, so he just pays people to mine coins for him.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Some people (Who? Pirate himself? SR? Jimmy Hoffa?) pay a premium for vanilla coins. That's the theory.

Thanks, I was missing this. Though I think some pools do their payouts as generated/virgin/vanilla coins, eligius pool for one.

My question still stands. Can anyone shed some light on the GPUmax "marketplace" for me?

I have offered to explain this for 100BTC.  While the exchange rates for BTC have risen, the in/out is still BTC-denominated.

Without shenanigans or otherwise ethically dubious activity, GPUMax can be an effective tool for producing more BTC than it costs to purchase the shares.  It depends on a number of factors, all of which should be obvious considering GPUMax's capabilities and working out from there.  If you have a GPUMax account, look at the purchase options and think creatively.

There is a small matter of luck involved (I have had my approach not work profitably three times), but proper analysis will inform activity that will always lead to a return on expenses.  I believe most people employ faulty analysis and arrive at an unworkable model for its use.  The rest of us keep our mouths shut because the wait on purchases is long enough already.

I'm not surprised nobody has taken up your offer. To produce more BTC than it costs to purchase shares, somebody must be selling shares for less than they're worth (or there's some strategy analogous to pool-hopping).
vip
My question still stands. Can anyone shed some light on the GPUmax "marketplace" for me?

I have offered to explain this for 100BTC.  While the exchange rates for BTC have risen, the in/out is still BTC-denominated.

Without shenanigans or otherwise ethically dubious activity, GPUMax can be an effective tool for producing more BTC than it costs to purchase the shares.  It depends on a number of factors, all of which should be obvious considering GPUMax's capabilities and working out from there.  If you have a GPUMax account, look at the purchase options and think creatively.

There is a small matter of luck involved (I have had my approach not work profitably three times), but proper analysis will inform activity that will always lead to a return on expenses.  I believe most people employ faulty analysis and arrive at an unworkable model for its use.  The rest of us keep our mouths shut because the wait on purchases is long enough already.

Ponzi.
Activity: 385
Estimated cost of laundering money is 4% to 15%.

http://www.piie.com/publications/chapters_preview/381/3iie3705.pdf

if is a ML ops, then it should be lower rates, even lower that 4% the methods on the .pdf are the classics all with high - mid risk, bitcoin is like a paradise for ML, i mean almost 0 fee for transfer, totally anon.. if i want to make some laundry and a guy come to me and tell me that is gonna charge me 1 - 4% ....

Edit: Im not saying that is the exact % but probably is lower than the classics methods
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh

It seems that freshly mined coins are often used to pay the interest payments.  For instance this interest payment uses 4 different freshly mined 47.5 BTC inputs at address 1PSf86KnLuzM7Ris5kDhTEZwooR3p2iyfV.  I don't see why fresh coins would be paid out as interest to lenders if this is indeed a laundering operation.

Are these coins mined by GPUMAX?  Can anyone tell?
Well apparently GPUMAX has an internal pool of its own to handle load balancing, and since Pirateat40 has said that all the funds go into and come out of the same wallet, that seems to be the explanation as far as I can tell.
legendary
Activity: 1868
Merit: 1023
Estimated cost of laundering money is 4% to 15%.

http://www.piie.com/publications/chapters_preview/381/3iie3705.pdf
legendary

It seems that freshly mined coins are often used to pay the interest payments.  For instance this interest payment uses 4 different freshly mined 47.5 BTC inputs at address 1PSf86KnLuzM7Ris5kDhTEZwooR3p2iyfV.  I don't see why fresh coins would be paid out as interest to lenders if this is indeed a laundering operation.

Are these coins mined by GPUMAX?  Can anyone tell?

Okay, this is an honest question: How could GPUmax generate serious revenue?

"shares", or hashes to solve the next block, already have a price, denominated as a fraction of a block of 50BTC. That fraction of a bitcoin already has a price set on MtGox. Who would pay more for your shares than you would get by submitting them to a pool?

Good, question and i don't know the answer,.
[..]

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic

Okay, this is an honest question: How could GPUmax generate serious revenue?

"shares", or hashes to solve the next block, already have a price, denominated as a fraction of a block of 50BTC. That fraction of a bitcoin already has a price set on MtGox. Who would pay more for your shares than you would get by submitting them to a pool?

Good, question and i don't know the answer,.
[..]

Activity: 350
I'm not sure he knows exactly what he wants people to do.   This whole thing just reeks of desperation on Vandroiy's part.  It's clear he's regretting making this (very daft) bet, and who can blame him.

Whatever, let him keep going, it's not going to change anything.  Like I said, Tall Poppy.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
That works.

Also, "P****" was a joke. Might want to check your sarcasm dectector again.

Rolleyes isn't an insult. It's just rolling eyes at things! Roll Eyes Smiley

I wasn't really focusing on form, because the game theoretical problem is kind of confusing me right now. I'm not supposed to be too convincing, because that's a worse outcome for everyone!

My belief is that if I manage to convince everyone this second, the lock goes down, so nobody can withdraw and Pirate can't launder, leaving a whole lot of coins in limbo: too dirty for Pirate, not accessible by the former owners. It's really an absurd situation that I needed a moment to grasp... I don't know what to do now other than just go to sleep. I guess that's what I'll do.

I see I haven't been convincing just now, and feel very confused to believe this is a good thing. Huh This is too crazy for me now, if you guys can think of something, please do.
With this I can probably finish it whenever I want by just making another ruckus and then posting a full explanation.

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind closing the thread now. It's the right moment, more posts don't add to it.

I generally agree with your opinions on BTCST. But really, can you get any more arrogant than this?

Okay, what formulation do you want? I'll just remove that line.

Maged and Pirate said it. Gpumax is outputting BS&T coins, with a fat profit margin on top. What purpose can that possibly serve, burning coins? Laundering money by inserting it into BS&T?

What do you propose we do? Feel free to go on a rampage, the amount of coins we can save will not change. And if we decide that in here, Pirate knows and takes counter-measures, such as just locking everything.

I'm sorry I was arrogant, feel free to propose a better course of action now. Huh

That works.

Also, "P****" was a joke. Might want to check your sarcasm dectector again.
Pages:
Jump to: