Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 20. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
I find it impressive, that van who bet $35k against pirate who already knows the outcome of the bet, can still be this cocky. At the start of the events leading to the bet, i was becoming more and more convinced it was a ponzi and was going to pull out all my BTC, but as time went on listening to van drone on, I've decided to ride it out.

I think it has to do with how you seem to think you know what's going on, when you do not. makes me tend to disbelieve everything you say.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
With this I can probably finish it whenever I want by just making another ruckus and then posting a full explanation.

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind closing the thread now. It's the right moment, more posts don't add to it.

I generally agree with your opinions on BTCST. But really, can you get any more arrogant than this?

Okay, what formulation do you want? I'll just remove that line.

Maged and Pirate said it. Gpumax is outputting BS&T coins, with a fat profit margin on top. What purpose can that possibly serve, burning coins? Laundering money by inserting it into BS&T?

What do you propose we do? Feel free to go on a rampage, the amount of coins we can save will not change. And if we decide that in here, Pirate knows and takes counter-measures, such as just locking everything.

I'm sorry I was arrogant, feel free to propose a better course of action now. Huh

Edit: The idea is really to see whether some investors notice and can still withdraw, without us forcing Pirate to lock down immediately. That way, everyone gets a fair chance -- though admittedly, also Pirate gets more laundering time. I don't know what to do, and I don't see why it's my call to make.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
All he has is vague speculation and assumption (and yes, a large dose of arrogance).  Trying to scare people into withdrawing is a pretty schoolyard tactic.  A lot of it doesnt even make sense, but I guess its only himself he's embarrassing so where's the harm.

There's a term over here that fits this situation well;  Tall Poppy Syndrome.
Activity: 336
With this I can probably finish it whenever I want by just making another ruckus and then posting a full explanation.

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind closing the thread now. It's the right moment, more posts don't add to it.

I generally agree with your opinions on BTCST. But really, can you get any more arrogant than this?
Activity: 350
Van, you're an idiot Roll Eyes
(...) whether or not it is a P****.

Roll Eyes

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind closing the thread now. It's the right moment, more posts don't add to it. Keep it as a little and crazy part of the forum's history.

What I'm saying is, people will still be in denial for a long time.
legendary
(...) whether or not it is a P****.

Roll Eyes

I'm serious, I wouldn't mind closing the thread now. It's the right moment, more posts don't add to it. Keep it as a little and crazy part of the forum's history. Edit: sorry for that, I guess it's not my decision really.
I think everyone should keep in mind that mass withdrawals will be troublesome whether or not it is a P****.
legendary
Well, Maged an Pirate both confirmed it, what's there to say? Bet or no bet, there's really no more room for interpretation.

I don't see what we should do now though. The scheme is probably saturated, and there's no way we can orderly re-pay the funds. Just letting it unfold allocates the available rest of the hot wallet to whomever manages to "get it" first. Pirate would probably rather lock dirty funds than pay them back, so there's little to gain by going on a rampage now.

One of my bets has a relevant time-out though. Given that gpumax update post, I guess this won't be a problem.

PS: Pirate, I still think it's cool, and I'll surely tell the story. Enjoy as well.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020
crazy_rabbit: There's no need to involve extra sources of dirty coins, because there is already BS&T.

If anything is the laundry, gpumax is. I've been wondering why BS&T didn't shut down now that is might have already peaked. The answer is surprisingly simple. It's taking time to punch the coins through miners to get untraceable fresh coins, scattered over large portions of the block chain.

I tip my hat to Pirate. I don't see who would try to trace this. Hell, he could mix in fake miner accounts. It's a complete mess nobody would even try to sort out. It's flawless.

The remaining question for me is: how many of the supporters chose to be oblivious? Given the abundant derailing of discussions, it should be safe to assume the number is not zero. These people, greedy as they are, will be competing who gets out last. I trust that Pirate will outrun some of them, and in this case, I'll be cheering for him. Smiley

Yes, generating a lot of transactions with will hide the theft very effectively.

finally! this is connecting the open ends. all the time I was wondering how gpumax would fit into the picture. and it is so clear and simple: laundry for bs   Shocked

also it would not make sense to run both ops under different names because people might eventually find it out via the chain anyway.

the supporters have to admit: if he wanted to launder coins from bs he could do it very elegantly with gpumax. and walk away whistling with a couple 100k freshly mined coins.

@pirate: I pull my hat to this operation, too, and will laugh with you once it is all over. Your booty is well earned.

Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
Hm... would anyone care right now if gpumax miners were paid out with BS&T funds?
They are.

Pirate directly denied this when I brought it up the other day. (he said that GPUMAX is not a part of the BTCST model).

GPUMAX has nothing to do with BS&T's operation. Like I've said before, coins are coins and I manage all of my wallets from a single location.  I fund the payment wallet for GPUMAX using one of my operating wallets, so the coins can come from anywhere.
Hm... would anyone care right now if gpumax miners were paid out with BS&T funds?
They are.

Pirate directly denied this when I brought it up the other day. (he said that GPUMAX is not a part of the BTCST model).
Why are people still trying to figure out who he is? 30 minutes of internet detective work, and you can find out anything you want to know about him. Not that I have, of course.
There is a name tied to pirate via the GPUMAX registration. But is it really him? Might be some kind of strawman or identity theft.

If it is really him, and BS&T defaults, do we have enough proof to hold him responsible in court?

That's not what I'm talking about. Hell, a facebook link was posted a while back by a member of these forums. If you do some research and connect the dots, you can deduce exactly who he is beyond any reasonable doubt.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
They are.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
If it is really him, and BS&T defaults, do we have enough proof to hold him responsible in court?

The money is gone anyway, so there may not be enough interest. Smiley
legendary
In this case, if the "laundry" is just BTCST to GPUMax, then it's possible to trace, but the effort wouldn't be worth it.  However, because pirate uses fixed (for all intents and purposes) addresses for withdrawals from BTCST and payments from GPUMax, it would be very simple to deposit your coins in BTCST (or pay one of your "spam victims" a few coins to deposit into their accounts) and see where they went by watching the block chain.

In the block chain, the dirty and mined coins would never cross paths. But yes, the BS&T payments would be visible. I haven't looked at it and don't know how to find deposit addresses of BS&T, since I only searched for auto-payouts to put a minimum estimate on obligations.

Again, I'm just saying it's possible. I'm going to just wait and see. It's not really my business whether Pirate re-uses wallets between his different projects, since he never said he wouldn't.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Why are people still trying to figure out who he is? 30 minutes of internet detective work, and you can find out anything you want to know about him. Not that I have, of course.
There is a name tied to pirate via the GPUMAX registration. But is it really him? Might be some kind of strawman or identity theft.

Pirate is a genius, we all agree.

legendary
It's unfortunate that you do not understand laundering, but it makes more sense for your shotgun approach to libel.  Coins from the various thefts are tainted.  If there is a swapout with "pristine" coins, where do the tainted coins go?  In order for laundering to be effective, Pirate must end up with clean or untainted coins.  That would mean he would trade "dirty" coins and replace them with the clean coins.  Those tainted coins would then have his fingerprints on them.

You do not make sense.  Go read about the myth of "clean coins" and the inefficacy of coin tumblers with current tools.

I edited what you quoted, decided to stay a little less aggressive here.

Hm... would anyone care right now if gpumax miners were paid out with BS&T funds? It's not technically theft yet, and there are no limits on how BS&T is allowed to allocate funds. It's the very point of gpumax that the miner payouts need not be fresh coins, but can be from users who bought mining shares.

Know what? Let's just keep it at that. I can't say I know this one for sure, and I'm too lazy to check it, but it's possible. No "certainty" claims intended.

In time, we'll probably know, I'm fine with waiting until then.
legendary
@BlackBison:

I wonder, if we form an opinion group "Pirateat40 did a good job," can we get everyone to agree?

It doesn't seem anyone from either side tries to deny that. Maybe the forum forms a singularity when everybody agrees for once, and Pirate transforms into Gilgamesh or something... Huh
Pages:
Jump to: