Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 22. (Read 73367 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

what level are we?  Grin

Level 3? That thing shows it growing by a factor of 6. How long does it take to get 6 times your money at 7% a week? Months....

edit: assuming that this is a ponzi... not that i think it is...

Nah. Not applicable here, Goat. That there's a Pyramid Ponzi.

Now, what we got over here is a Bitcoin Ponzi. Completely different. One is pointy, the other isn't.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250

what level are we?  Grin

Level 3? That thing shows it growing by a factor of 6. How long does it take to get 6 times your money at 7% a week? Months....

edit: assuming that this is a ponzi... not that i think it is...

nah i dont think is a ponzi neither, i'm just curious to know, at what level are we  Grin
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi
That thing pirate does is most likely a ponzi.

But on the other hand, if he owns gpumax.com and that too was a ponzi, you would think that they would have gone through the minimal effort to obfuscate the whois lookup for the domain name.

The name and address is probably fake, or just one of his lackey's... though I think falsifying domain registry credintials is against the law, but so is running a ponzi scheme right?...
Or do we already know who pirate is?

Honestly I've only been paying half attention.

Whenever I see pirate come up in a thread I do think of this though:

I think usagi might be a little pissed if he reads that: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/post-85444

haha oh nice...
Activity: 385
Merit: 250

what level are we?  Grin
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
I liked the original Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme (the one that advertised itself as such) far more. No one was even trying to imply it would work in the long term.

I'm not exactly sure Vandroiy will win this bet. It depends a lot on the structure of Pirate's ponzi. If his victims are confident enough he can lower the interest rates gradually so that eventually the scam can go on for a few years. For example 2% weekly interest would only require the size of the aggregate investment multiplying (roughly) by the factor of eight annually to keep Pirate's funds growing.  1% weekly would need less than 300% yearly growth.

Nothing other than ponzi could generate these kinds of returns, of course. So I'm quite rationally assuming BS&T is not a legit business.

Activity: 501
Merit: 500
I liked the original Bitcoin Ponzi Scheme (the one that advertised itself as such) far more. No one was even trying to imply it would work in the long term.

I'm not exactly sure Vandroiy will win this bet. It depends a lot on the structure of Pirate's ponzi. If his victims are confident enough he can lower the interest rates gradually so that eventually the scam can go on for a few years. For example 2% weekly interest would only require the size of the aggregate investment multiplying (roughly) by the factor of eight annually to keep Pirate's funds growing.  1% weekly would need less than 300% yearly growth.

Nothing other than ponzi could generate these kinds of returns, of course. So I'm quite rationally assuming BS&T is not a legit business.
donator
Poor impulse control.

But on the other hand, if he owns gpumax.com and that too was a ponzi, you would think that they would have gone through the minimal effort to obfuscate the whois lookup for the domain name.

The name and address is probably fake, or just one of his lackey's... though I think falsifying domain registry credintials is against the law, but so is running a ponzi scheme right?...

I think usagi might be a little pissed if he reads that: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/post-85444
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

But you're fully baked.  Perfect qualifications for posting to this thread forum.

Fixed.
vip
Activity: 571
Merit: 504
I still <3 u Satoshi

donator
Poor impulse control.
Huh. There's a rate of only 0.596 mentions of "ponzi" per post so far (including this one).

Come on guys! Ponzi up a little! (0.602 ponzis per post now).
vip
Activity: 574
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
if pirate is running a ponzi, and takes off, wouldn't that torpedo GPUmax, which looks like it could generate serious revenue once he opens it up to the public (exits beta) ?

Okay, this is an honest question: How could GPUmax generate serious revenue?

"shares", or hashes to solve the next block, already have a price, denominated as a fraction of a block of 50BTC. That fraction of a bitcoin already has a price set on MtGox. Who would pay more for your shares than you would get by submitting them to a pool?

Ah, yes GPUmax is also a ponzi, the 'ol ponzi double down, the 'ol ponzi2

blinking LEDs.

Ponzi.

"shares", or hashes to solve the next block, already have a price, denominated as a fraction of a block of 50BTC. That fraction of a bitcoin already has a price set on MtGox. Who would pay more for your shares than you would get by submitting them to a pool?

Good, question and i don't know the answer,.
but since its beta everything is still free.. what about a monthly subscription fee for the service? or a small % cut from all earnings/transactions?
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
if pirate is running a ponzi, and takes off, wouldn't that torpedo GPUmax, which looks like it could generate serious revenue once he opens it up to the public (exits beta) ?

blinking LEDs.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Ponzi. Ponzi. Ponzi.
vip

Ponzi.

Ponzi. Ponzi.

Ponzi.

vip

Ponzi.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
Well, If BFL ships ASIC, we can say they are legit.  Until then we get to call them scammers?

No, you should claim that pirate is BFL's backer and that pirate's lenders' profits are from BFL's profits.
Pages:
Jump to: