Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 21. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250
You are correct of course.

However a wise man once said 'Never invest in a business you don't understand'  Grin

There is a difference between a investment in and a loan to a business though.

Yea I was waiting for this reply.

The difference is when you actually own part of a risky business you have a (small) chance at becoming extremely wealthy from it in the event it becomes a monster.

The only person who appears to have a chance of becoming extremely wealthy from this escapade is pirate  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
And how many of the trolls continue to troll rather than accept they don't have any 100% proof it is a ponzi and instead keep spinning their wheels?

It's the thread the bet was made in. Isn't the point of the bet to make guesses? Huh

And while we're at guessing... I take back what I said about believing you don't know. You're quite obsessed with the topic for someone who keeps pushing on a 100% proof, just for the record.

Edit: reeses, mined coins have no traces attached. Good luck finding them among all the miners and pools... it's borderline impossible to figure out what went where.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
crazy_rabbit: There's no need to involve extra sources of dirty coins, because there is already BS&T.

If anything is the laundry, gpumax is. I've been wondering why BS&T didn't shut down now that is might have already peaked. The answer is surprisingly simple. It's taking time to punch the coins through miners to get untraceable fresh coins, scattered over large portions of the block chain.

I tip my hat to Pirate. I don't see who would try to trace this. Hell, he could mix in fake miner accounts. It's a complete mess nobody would even try to sort out. It's flawless.

The remaining question for me is: how many of the supporters chose to be oblivious? Given the abundant derailing of discussions, it should be safe to assume the number is not zero. These people, greedy as they are, will be competing who gets out last. I trust that Pirate will outrun some of them, and in this case, I'll be cheering for him. Smiley

And how many of the trolls continue to troll rather than accept they don't have any 100% proof it is a ponzi and instead keep spinning their wheels?
legendary
Activity: 1036
crazy_rabbit: There's no need to involve extra sources of dirty coins, because there is already BS&T.

If anything is the laundry, gpumax is. I've been wondering why BS&T didn't shut down now that is might have already peaked. The answer is surprisingly simple. It's taking time to punch the coins through miners to get untraceable fresh coins, scattered over large portions of the block chain.

I tip my hat to Pirate. I don't see who would try to trace this. Hell, he could mix in fake miner accounts. It's a complete mess nobody would even try to sort out. It's flawless.

The remaining question for me is: how many of the supporters chose to be oblivious? Given the abundant derailing of discussions, it should be safe to assume the number is not zero. These people, greedy as they are, will be competing who gets out last. I trust that Pirate will outrun some of them, and in this case, I'll be cheering for him. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

However a wise man once said 'Never invest in a business you don't understand'  Grin

There is a difference between a investment in and a loan to a business though.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

Quote from: pirateat40
Avast Ye!

I've been avast for sometime, but I'm still none the wiser as to what's going on Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
"Nothing other than ponzi could generate these kinds of returns, of course. So I'm quite rationally assuming BS&T is not a legit business."

Thats not really true though. There are a lot of ways to generate those kinds of returns, and lots of reason why someone might want to.

The most obvious is money laundering- for example if Pirate has a real life person who needs to clean up a lot of money and has agreed to pay quite a high percent to do so.

Personally, if I ripped off Bitconica (and I'm not saying Pirate did) I would want to come up with a system to clean up the coins. First I would decide how much of a loss I would be willing to take to purchase privacy from being it traced back to me, and then I would come up with a system that mixes the coins around nice and evenly. In this case, take lots of deposits, and pay stolen coins back out at regular intervals. If I need to clean 10,000 coins, and device I will give 1000 coins to protect my privacy, I could offer to accept 10000btc and pay back 11000btc. I would pay out the stolen coins and keep the clean ones.

The ponzi scheme aspect could be to disburse the coins even wider or distract attention. It can't last forever of course, but it depends on how many coins there are to 'clean'.

He could always be doing something illegal of course.

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
I can't for my life think of why anyone would think ANYTHING borrowing money en masse and paying 7% (or 5%, or 1%) weekly interest would be anything but a scam. Unless there's hyperinflation that eats away the interest. But we're talking about bitcoins, not Zimbabwean dollars.

Well then you'd better get off this forum, because it's full of scammers -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-pays-what-81542

FYI that link you posted actually weakens your argument as it clearly shows how abnormal pirate's rates are compared to everyone elses, which are in the 1-2% range.

I know it could very well be a ponzi, i also know it might not be. only one person knows for sure, and anyone else who claims to know also (which they don't) is the only argument i have against.
I can't for my life think of why anyone would think ANYTHING borrowing money en masse and paying 7% (or 5%, or 1%) weekly interest would be anything but a scam. Unless there's hyperinflation that eats away the interest. But we're talking about bitcoins, not Zimbabwean dollars.

Well then you'd better get off this forum, because it's full of scammers -> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/who-pays-what-81542

FYI that link you posted actually weakens your argument as it clearly shows how abnormal pirate's rates are compared to everyone elses, which are in the 1-2% range.

Yes, I believe, if these schemes (other than those that openly piggyback on Pirate) have no upper limit on deposits they're scams alright.

Then ill sure pirate will take you up on a wager, like he did with Vandroiy, BTC5k
Activity: 501

Yes, I believe, if these schemes (other than those that openly piggyback on Pirate) have no upper limit on deposits they're scams alright.

Also, if you really don't understand numbers, and you want an EMOTIONAL reason to be afraid of Pirate, I'd say, to me, he has the AURA of someone who's pulled off scams before.

well, now i've heard everything
Activity: 501

It is a mathematical certainty that Pirate is a scammer.

Also, if you really don't understand numbers, and you want an EMOTIONAL reason to be afraid of Pirate, I'd say, to me, he has the AURA of someone who's pulled off scams before.
Activity: 385

HAHAHA Hell yeah im making one of those tomorrow  Grin

what level are we?  Grin

Level 3? That thing shows it growing by a factor of 6. How long does it take to get 6 times your money at 7% a week? Months....

edit: assuming that this is a ponzi... not that i think it is...

Nah. Not applicable here, Goat. That there's a Pyramid Ponzi.

Now, what we got over here is a Bitcoin Ponzi. Completely different. One is pointy, the other isn't.

so, what would be the shape of the Bitcoin Ponzi ? Undecided

The one we've created.... a pyramid within a pyramid.

pyramidception? Roll Eyes
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is a food group.
Activity: 378
"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."
Activity: 532
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

what level are we?  Grin

Level 3? That thing shows it growing by a factor of 6. How long does it take to get 6 times your money at 7% a week? Months....

Now, what we got over here is a Bitcoin Ponzi. Completely different. One is pointy, the other isn't.

The one we've created.... a pyramid within a pyramid.

what level are we?  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: