Pages:
Author

Topic: Putting your money where Pirate's mouth is. - page 26. (Read 73367 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Or the part where many people don't compound...
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
FUD FUD FUD LIP SERVICE FUD

Got any proof besides the same old bs already spewed out?  Price has been appreciating for the last 6 months.  People were lending as price went down and people have been lending as price as gone up.

Obviously the proof rests with pirate and pirate only, or it wouldn't be a working scam-in-progress. Since the last high of $7.2 price has been decreasing or going sideways, except for the previous month. But more important, are those 6 months or 24 weeks of 7% weekly compounding gains, over 500%!

And you, got any proof that your 500% actually exists? You can withdraw and be relieved that *yours* exists. But don't think that because pirate has a rating on #bitcoin-otc that there will be enough for everybody!
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
FUD FUD FUD LIP SERVICE FUD

Got any proof besides the same old bs already spewed out?  Price has been appreciating for the last 6 months.  People were lending as price went down and people have been lending has price as gone back up.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
BS &T?

The name was in fact suggested by the users and not pirate.
I really don't know why I'm telling you this. It's so much better to just leave you oblivious and laugh at your nonsense.

Facts don't matter.  It's truthiness that matters.  Truthiness comes from the gut.

There are no facts of pirate generating returns. I will concede that his bitcoinica screenshot, if legit, is some evidence of a profitable trade (though not of "market arbitrage" or "local loans"). Other than that timely release, everything else looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck. Don't be surprised when its a duck.

That price is going higher increases probability if default. Think about it, if price were decreasing there would be more incentive to stay deposited.

With price going up, people's original deposit is increasing in value. Now their principal is worth more than what they intended to risk at the time, to say nothing of their gains. Lenders are certainly growing uneasy, the smart ones don't want to be last-out-the-door bag-holders (eg MageD). And at 7% weekly, it will take very few lender withdrawals of gains and principal before there's nothing left. Not even counting what pirate intends to keep for himself!

Very few of you will be first out.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
To explain this anomaly, let us begin with introducing Dirac notation so I can be in a state |typing> ... okok I just got the "new post" warning after I tabbed out. Embarrassed

We need another re-railing post. Groundbreaking theories on BS&T, anyone?

We found his island and it contained conclusive proof of his Ponziness. You might as well just get the money from nanotube right now.

Unless of course nanotube IS pirate.  You'll note a shocking lack of pictures of nanotube on the internet.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even exist as we know him, instead a sock puppet, even satoshi himself.

Google disagrees with you...
http://www.google.com/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&q="nanotube"
vip
To explain this anomaly, let us begin with introducing Dirac notation so I can be in a state |typing> ... okok I just got the "new post" warning after I tabbed out. Embarrassed

We found his island and it contained conclusive proof of his Ponziness. You might as well just get the money from nanotube right now.

Unless of course nanotube IS pirate.  You'll note a shocking lack of pictures of nanotube on the internet.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even exist as we know him, instead a sock puppet, even satoshi himself.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple

legendary
Activity: 1036

legendary
I was afk while typing this

I can't believe how happy people are to point out a mistake of mine!

Yup.  Grin

I'm starting to see a pattern there. hmm...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
I was afk while typing this

I can't believe how happy people are to point out a mistake of mine!

Yup.  Grin
legendary
BS &T?

I really don't know why I'm telling you this. It's so much better to just leave you oblivious and laugh at your nonsense.

Okay, I believe you I'm wrong on that. One style point removed. Meh. It would have made a much cooler story if it had been his idea. But the mybitcoin quote makes up for a lot, so no worries. Grin

Edit: holy shit, five posts because I was afk while typing this? I can't believe how happy people are to point out a mistake of mine! I should make them more often, it increases the mood! Smiley
vip
Your argument is invalid, I never said "coming" soon.

Also, I'll pay you out of the profits. That's it!

I forgot there's no coming with you.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

You should put your money on Pirate. Grenada doesn't even pay 0.005%/week

That's all you know! Interesting developments soon!

Thanks for that, it'll be 10 btc please. Address in my sig.
Your argument is invalid, I never said "coming" soon.

Also, I'll pay you out of the profits. That's it!
vip
Don't worry about the alternate meanings. People don't ever believe it, and who reads all of the text anyway? Plus, you can always claim to be sarcastic. And it's cool. I mean, pirate? BS &T? What loss of earnings is ever worth your style bonus?

Yeah, I suggested the first name actually: "First Pirate Savings and Trust" So while you might think it some cruel way for pirate to tease people, he was the one that decided he needed something more tasteful after using my fun idea for a while.

There's nothing quite like showing up to a party late and having all the details wrong about what happened before you got there.   A little less talk would do you well.
vip

Thanks for that, it'll be 10 btc please. Address in my sig.
donator
Activity: 266
Merit: 252
I'm actually a pineapple
Well, now at least we have a better idea of where the pirate island is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_colors_of_national_flags#Red.2C_green_and_yellow

Given the order of the colors, I'm going to guess Bolivia or Guinea, but since Bolivia is landlocked, it's gotta be off the coast of Guinea. That means that the island is most likely part of the Cape Verde archipelago.

Conspicuous cloud cover, as is often used to obscure intelligence and military installations.  Pablo Escobandodo himself used the same mechanism thanks to his contacts supporting him from the NSA, CIA, and NRA.

Good work tracking him down. This is typical Ponzi behavior. After evidence like this, he'd be a fool to keep denying it! If you look closely at and enhance the pixels, you can even see that it says "Ponzi Island" on one of the beaches.
legendary
BS &T?

legendary
Don't worry about the alternate meanings. People don't ever believe it, and who reads all of the text anyway? Plus, you can always claim to be sarcastic. And it's cool. I mean, pirate? BS &T? What loss of earnings is ever worth your style bonus?
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh

legendary

Pages:
Jump to: