Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 151. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
I do my homework before investing into anything.

Really - so as a newbie who hasn't used the forum for more than a few weeks you have somehow read the entire history of Qora?
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.

The opinion of a newbie account who has done absolutely nothing doesn't really concern me (you are most likely just a sock-puppet as how would a newbie even know about all of this?).

It's funny how such newbie accounts suddenly appear in huge topics such as this when some controversy has happened (are you going to tell me that you read through this entire topic newbie - and the other Qora topics as well?).

PLEASE @CIYAM, I like your work and I thought you are a very nice fellow - but it isn't necessary to write such comments! Don't read what you don't like!!!! Or at least don't comment it!
I think every body (too a newbie) have the right to write his opinion).
Let us be a good community!!! With different opinions!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I do my homework before investing into anything.  I believe in what you guys are working towards.  I don't have to like your attitude for you to make me money.  I just wanted to let you know what it looks like from someone coming in early.

FWIW, I, like you, do not believe it's a good idea join Microsoft in anything.  You have said it better than I, in fact. 

You just come off as a dick.  So did Steve Jobs and he changed the world. 

Thank you for your dedication to the project, I and many others appreciate it.

legendary
Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.

The opinion of a newbie account who has done absolutely nothing doesn't really concern me (you are most likely just a sock-puppet as how would a newbie even know about all of this?).

It's funny how such newbie accounts suddenly appear in huge topics such as this when some controversy has happened (are you going to tell me that you read through this entire topic newbie - and the other Qora topics as well?).
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
I had a Break in Cryptos for about a Year due to lots of Work. Can someone tell me if this qora is the Coin I had some ORA Assets at nxt AE? I just looked in my nxt Account and saw that I transferred them to NXT-G7QA-2KUA-BLLZ-5FUCY in February last Year. So do I have a Stake here?

I think you have no stake in Qora. There was some dude who called himself Kora that was so pissed off that he missed the ICO and felt so sorry for missing out on a stake that he started his own MS currency on the AE. Sorry man. Send me your qora addy and I'll send you a few if you want to stick around.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-ora-nxt-monetary-system-currency-620518

Activity: 32
I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero.

And any value that they have are mostly due to the CIYAM Developers having added AT to the coin (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I am not worrying about trying to censure you but am just pointing out that your claims don't add up (you repeatedly have said you have little QORA and you don't care about Azure - but you never stop posting about supporting it - any rational person can see you are being inconsistent).

As a new member to the community I will support the decision of the CIYAM developers on the Azure debate.  I hope that everyone can maintain a long term outlook and focus on building a community where everyone (new and old) are welcomed.

Any value that those coins have may be due to CIYAM Developers, but as a new investor, your attitude is not one that I support.  Regardless of whoever posts whatever, remember these coins have NO value if enough community members walk away.  It's a cyclical thing, not developers at the top, investors at the bottom.  We help get the word out for this coin-- for you, for free so you can continue to do your thing and be ''the future'' and not the past (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I hope you guys get PR because I will not be sending anyone to this thread until I see more professionalism from developers.
Activity: 734
I had a Break in Cryptos for about a Year due to lots of Work. Can someone tell me if this qora is the Coin I had some ORA Assets at nxt AE? I just looked in my nxt Account and saw that I transferred them to NXT-G7QA-2KUA-BLLZ-5FUCY in February last Year. So do I have a Stake here?
Activity: 21
I'll say it again, I don't care if Qora gets on Azure, I don't think it matters much either way, but the idea that if it does go up on Azure that Microsoft is going to somehow own or exercise control over future development of Qora is just unsupported by reality.

And I'll say this just once (as I don't need to repeat myself unlike you).

Why would MS bother to enforce you to make an agreement that just gives them ownership of a README file and an installation script?

And how do you think MS is going to profit from this?
(or do you think they are offering free cloud services from the good of their heart)

And again (this part I will repeat) you say you have virtually no Qora and you don't care - but here you are posting again in support of Azure - why?

I'm not in support of MS or Azure, just supporting facts, logic, and reality. MS bother's to enforce an agreement that gives them ownership of a readme and installation script because you are storing those files on their github repo, so I'm guessing if the installation script did something malicious or unintended, that would give them complete freedom to modify or delete the script.

Yay! Bter opened qora withdrawal. I have successfully withdrew 4 btc worth of qora from bter just now. Guys hurry up! Smiley
legendary
I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero.

And any value that they have are mostly due to the CIYAM Developers having added AT to the coin (please try to remember that - and yes you're welcome).

I am not worrying about trying to censure you but am just pointing out that your claims don't add up (you repeatedly have said you have little QORA and you don't care about Azure - but you never stop posting about supporting it - any rational person can see you are being inconsistent).
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Agreement is wholly irrelevant. Every Qora developer, every person on this thread, and every person who owns a single Qora could all agree that Qora should not be on Azure, and it wouldn't matter - anyone with a Github account and enough knowledge to get Qora running on a Linux machine can make the pull request to Azure's Github account with an install script and a readme, sign the agreement themselves, and then Qora will be on Azure.

So please do that and stop posting here (for someone who supposedly doesn't have hardly any QORA and doesn't care your continued posting makes you look very much like a liar).

I don't think that this community really needs members such as yourself.

I certainly own more Qora than you, since you admit to having zero. If you think I'm off topic or something there's a report button, or this is a self-moderated thread, so you ping the person who started it and ask them to delete my posts. I don't think I care whether or not you think this community needs members such as myself.
legendary
Agreement is wholly irrelevant. Every Qora developer, every person on this thread, and every person who owns a single Qora could all agree that Qora should not be on Azure, and it wouldn't matter - anyone with a Github account and enough knowledge to get Qora running on a Linux machine can make the pull request to Azure's Github account with an install script and a readme, sign the agreement themselves, and then Qora will be on Azure.

So please do that and stop posting here (for someone who supposedly doesn't have hardly any QORA and doesn't care your continued posting makes you look very much like a liar).

I don't think that this community really needs members such as yourself.
xyz
I don't know what is the best for Qora...
But I know that we should find an agreement what is for all acceptable! Discussion is good, but if the discussion get out of control (if people are no more friendly) then this is bad for all of us!!!!
I have seen that @CIYAM have done a very good job for Qora (so I mean his opinion is very important for our community) and I don't love all big players (like microsoft) because as larger somebody is as more he want to make all rules for all things - therefor I would stay away from Azure...
On the other hand @jwinterm has arguments and he is trying to give us HIS opinion. Maybe he is right to play with the big people as much as necessary... But the problem is nobody knows what the the future will bring  - it can be that we are today unable to see, what Azure or microsoft can do to our Qora!

Please to all, can we think a little bit longer? Can we watch what is happening to the other coins in azure and then maybe in some month we can speak again about joining or not!?

I don't know what you are trying to tell me... But I know I love Qora a long time and I will stay as long as I feel good with this coin. If things are changed in a matter I don't love I sell all my Qora and stay away.
legendary
But I know that we should find an agreement what is for all acceptable! Discussion is good, but if the discussion get out of control (if people are no more friendly) then this is bad for all of us!!!!
I have seen that @CIYAM have done a very good job for Qora (so I mean his opinion is very important for our community) and I don't love all big players (like microsoft) because as larger somebody is as more he want to make all rules for all things - therefor I would stay away from Azure...
On the other hand @jwinterm has arguments and he is trying to give us HIS opinion. Maybe he is right to play with the big people as much as necessary... But the problem is nobody knows what the the future will bring  - it can be that we are today unable to see, what Azure or microsoft can do to our Qora!

Please to all, can we think a little bit longer? Can we watch what is happening to the other coins in azure and then maybe in some month we can speak again about joining or not!?

Activity: 577
On the other hand @jwinterm has arguments and he is trying to give us HIS opinion. Maybe he is right to play with the big people as much as necessary... But the problem is nobody knows what the the future will bring  - it can be that we are today unable to see, what Azure or microsoft can do to our Qora!

Agreed: in the circumstances, wait and see would seem to be the wiser course

Moreover, CIYAM has made his position very clear which is another reason why I've voted no.
xyz

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
I'm not in support of MS or Azure, just supporting facts, logic, and reality. MS bother's to enforce an agreement that gives them ownership of a readme and installation script because you are storing those files on their github repo, so I'm guessing if the installation script did something malicious or unintended, that would give them complete freedom to modify or delete the script.

azure is a honey trap, once a coin is in, how do they get out, once they''re users are depending on azure for business operations? That's when MS starts squeezing people's cobblers with rule changes and whatnot. The initial agreement might look reasonable, but what about any changes in the future? MS has so much form killing opposition only a fool doesn't see what they're doing here
legendary
Let me be totally clear - I do not sign agreements with corporations like Microsoft.

They are the past and we are the future.

We do not need their cloud services and they do not help with decentralisation (the entire point of blockchain systems).

Why someone who claims to have very little Qora and doesn't care just keeps on posting about supporting MS Azure is amazing if there isn't actually some other reason (such as being paid to post by Microsoft to do so).
legendary
I'll say it again, I don't care if Qora gets on Azure, I don't think it matters much either way, but the idea that if it does go up on Azure that Microsoft is going to somehow own or exercise control over future development of Qora is just unsupported by reality.

And I'll say this just once (as I don't need to repeat myself unlike you).

Why would MS bother to enforce you to make an agreement that just gives them ownership of a README file and an installation script?

And how do you think MS is going to profit from this?
(or do you think they are offering free cloud services from the good of their heart)

And again (this part I will repeat) you say you have virtually no Qora and you don't care - but here you are posting again in support of Azure - why?

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Bter still does not show my old deposit (5million - address http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QNweiL91zLU7v8yw2G3XGkR9pd6zokQTTL) . My balance was transferred yesterday (not by me!) to this address: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB

Is bter working right to all of you?

BTER hasn't worked for me with Qora for months! I think you've lost those coins Tim Sad

I was informed from some members that their balances started to show right. Sad that's not the case for me..

I didn't know some people had some joy with BTER finally, I might take a look. Hopefully there's some a delay with your tx

That's what I hope..we'll see.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bter still does not show my old deposit (5million - address http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QNweiL91zLU7v8yw2G3XGkR9pd6zokQTTL) . My balance was transferred yesterday (not by me!) to this address: http://qora.co.in:9090/index/blockexplorer.html?addr=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB

Is bter working right to all of you?

BTER hasn't worked for me with Qora for months! I think you've lost those coins Tim Sad

I was informed from some members that their balances started to show right. Sad that's not the case for me..

I didn't know some people had some joy with BTER finally, I might take a look. Hopefully there's some a delay with your tx
Jump to: