Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 31. (Read 249397 times)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10
So i downloaded the newest version of the Qora wallet on another PC. It gave me 2 options. 1. create a new wallet 2. restore from seed. First i went  to restore from seed. I entered my seed but my seed would not fit in the field. My seed is 12 words. then i realized its asking for a seed which base58 encoded 256 bit random key. i dont have a seed like that. Secondly on page to enter the seed it was also asking me for a password which i dont have. so i decided to create a new wallet and try to restore again. But its not letting me create a new account. I suppose because it has to fully sync first. I am waiting for that to complete.

Few questions:

1. Does the the older versions of the wallet accept the 12 word seed? IF so, do you know which verson?
2. Is the password necessary to restore from a seed?
I can't see any code in the history at github that ever created a word-based seed and I can't even find a word list.
Maybe these 12 words are your wallet password? If you still have a copy of your original wallet files you could try that?

12 words using BIP39, not that Bitcoin's BIP39 would apply here, would generate 512 bits/64 bytes of data but the Qora client generates 256 bit/32 byte seeds.

If you want to try converting your 12 words to base58 (via hexadecimal) you could use:
Online BIP39 mnemonic converter
then
Online hex to base58 converter

As far as I can tell, neither of the above tool make network requests to process the data, i.e. they are client-side javascript tools. You may wish to make your own assessment of this and other security concerns of pasting in what is potentially your wallet seed.
Activity: 151
Willing to sell 5 million qora for 0.1 btc, pm me if interested
contack me
Sorry I've decided to keep them after all, they're hard to sell but they seem even harder to buy so maybe it's worth keeping in case it gets on an exchange Smiley

But then again they're impossible to deposit on OpenLedger so I guess that's why there are so few sell orders...

I'll think about it Grin
man ı can help you for them trust me just pm me
That sounds comforting
I don't think it is a good idea to sell 5 million for just 0.1btc.
If you don't sell, you lose 0.1btc in the worst scenario.
If you see now, maybe you will find out you made a big mistake later.
Yes I agree, I wanted to sell to invest in another altcoin and then buy it back later, but I realized that there is almost nothing to buy on Openledger, and by the time it gets on another exchange it may be trading much higher, so I'm gonna keep it, maybe it will go to 100 sats who knows Cheesy
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
contack me
Sorry I've decided to keep them after all, they're hard to sell but they seem even harder to buy so maybe it's worth keeping in case it gets on an exchange Smiley

But then again they're impossible to deposit on OpenLedger so I guess that's why there are so few sell orders...

I'll think about it Grin
That sounds comforting
I don't think it is a good idea to sell 5 million for just 0.1btc.
If you don't sell, you lose 0.1btc in the worst scenario.
If you see now, maybe you will find out you made a big mistake later.
contack me

I'll think about it Grin
That sounds comforting
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
contack me

I'll think about it Grin
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
Thanks for the information!

So i downloaded the newest version of the Qora wallet on another PC. It gave me 2 options. 1. create a new wallet 2. restore from seed. First i went  to restore from seed. I entered my seed but my seed would not fit in the field. My seed is 12 words. then i realized its asking for a seed which base58 encoded 256 bit random key. i dont have a seed like that. Secondly on page to enter the seed it was also asking me for a password which i dont have. so i decided to create a new wallet and try to restore again. But its not letting me create a new account. I suppose because it has to fully sync first. I am waiting for that to complete.

Few questions:

1. Does the the older versions of the wallet accept the 12 word seed? IF so, do you know which verson?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

No the older wallet I mean the one that used java swing gui accepted the base58 encoded random key as seed.
Also when restoring from the seed the password field is asking you to enter the password to secure  your wallet
so that it can save and encrypt the seed in the .dat file.

I mean you can use also your old password for securing your wallet otherwise create a new one and enter into the field.

Activity: 6
Thanks for the information!

Few questions:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Activity: 106
The same seed should produce the same set of addresses.
Your wallet password is only related to the encryption of your wallet dat files.

If you copy wallet files then you'll still need the same wallet password to unlock them.
If you create a new wallet using seed for recovery then you should get access to your old addresses (and set a new wallet password).

The latest release v0.26.7 should generate the same addresses as at least v0.26.0, maybe even older versions.
I prefer to use the term "wallet" to mean "the set of addresses, etc. as generated from your seed" as opposed to the software itself!
(Maybe we could call the software the "client")
i thought i had the seed. when i tried to restore it another computer it th comes up incorrect.

Do you think if I download a new wallet, set new seed, pw etc on another machine I could maybe copy over the .dat file? or is the wallet.dat file associated with that particular old seed and pw? thx!

can't beleive i did this! i downloaded the qora wallet on a spare computer to test etc. then when i saw Poloniex allowed wirthdrawls i withdrew right away to the only address i have without thinking about it!

What you mean by incorrect?
Does it gives you any errors or the address is not the same?
I know earlier in the older wallet version sometimes restoring by same seed wouldn't generate all same 10 addresses.
If you are sure your seed is correct you should try to to create new addresses until the address with your qora comes out.

the .dat file is an encrypted seed and is tied to the password so generating a new wallet with new seed
and new password and copying (raplacing) the newly created .dat file with the older one will not
help you.

I hope if you lost that you haven't lost a big amount.  Undecided
i thought i had the seed. when i tried to restore it another computer it th comes up incorrect.

Do you think if I download a new wallet, set new seed, pw etc on another machine I could maybe copy over the .dat file? or is the wallet.dat file associated with that particular old seed and pw? thx!

can't beleive i did this! i downloaded the qora wallet on a spare computer to test etc. then when i saw Poloniex allowed wirthdrawls i withdrew right away to the only address i have without thinking about it!
Help!!!
 I have a qora wallet which i downloaded from github. I just sent over my coins from Poloniex as withdrawls are now enabled.

I cant remember my password to unlock wallet. Any suggestions? thx

Do you have your seed written down or backed up somewhere?
If you have it you could restore your wallet from the seed otherwise
you could be screwed!  Angry
Help!!!
 I have a qora wallet which i downloaded from github. I just sent over my coins from Poloniex as withdrawls are now enabled.

I cant remember my password to unlock wallet. Any suggestions? thx
contack me

I'll think about it Grin
contack me
man can u pm or sell part of them
Activity: 604
Merit: 500
Guys, we have added info about swap on swapdetector.com .
Check the info please, if it changes, let us know Smiley let's inform community about swaps Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 127
the rebirth of QOra is a very very good news for the qora older, thanks crowetic for your job
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
still do not know how it will go to qora v1 fork, snapshot anything? It took a lot of time, there is chaos in information nothing more: /

I don't know why you keep thinking there is going to be a fork on Gen 1 relaunch. There is not. The only time there will be a swap, is when we launch Gen 2, which still will not be a fork, it will be a new chain entirely.

At that time, we will discuss the swap.

Never been a fan of swaps. Never have. Never will.

Swaps can be useful some times , I expect there will be a lot of qora in accounts that never get swapped, these unclaimed coins can then be put to good use. As long as there is plenty of time set aside for the swap, it's a victimless crime in a way, the rightful owner won't mind and won't know, and the community remaining can use the coins for dev costs & marketing. Some won't like this idea, but unswapped coins are a valuable resource.
Activity: 150
you need to add a roadmap to make it more interesting and interested participants join, good luck.
Pages:
Jump to: