Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 11. (Read 383267 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Wondering whether it is somehow possible to share global variables between scripts, i.e. set a var x with a value in script01 and then use var x in script2. So far I can't get the script that does not define the variable in the first place to validate.
I am trying to combine information from one exchange with information and actions I'd like to take in another. Is it possible to use Qt Bitcoin Trader to share information between exchanges?

To illustrate a simple example: Let's say I am looking at the price development of ETH/USD on bitstamp and would like to trigger a buy on btc-e when the price on bitstamp increases. Can that be done? How?

As far as I know, no, it only connects to one API at a time.  You might be able to open more than one instance of it, but I don't see any way for the two to connect. You'd need a different program or to create something yourself since it sounds like you want trigger rules that utilize both exchanges, like "if price on Bitfinex goes below 95% of BTC-e price, sell x btc on BTC-e" etc.

I actually hadn't thought of opening more than one instance of qt at a time.  If it works I might have to try arb trading with a setup like that  Wink. I could see something like that being a useful feature someday... with more than one api logged in at a time.   

I'm able to open two instances and logging into 2 different exchanges at the same time, but the instances work separate from eachother. There does not seem to be a way to share variables or trigger eachothers' listeners. Arbitrage is one possible application (although already widely exploited by other high frequency trading bots). I was more thinking along the lines of collecting information on a currency from several exchanges and getting a more complete picture of what's going on. I may chose a "guiding" exchange and trigger deals in a different one.

On a different note, I don't see poloniex or kraken or bitrex or some of the other bigger exchanges as a choice to work with. One of the points on the "To Do List" includes the possibility of implementing other non supported exchanges. Is there a guestimate, a roadmap indicating when such inclusions /implementations might become a reality?
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
I am trying to combine information from one exchange with information and actions I'd like to take in another. Is it possible to use Qt Bitcoin Trader to share information between exchanges?

To illustrate a simple example: Let's say I am looking at the price development of ETH/USD on bitstamp and would like to trigger a buy on btc-e when the price on bitstamp increases. Can that be done? How?

As far as I know, no, it only connects to one API at a time.  You might be able to open more than one instance of it, but I don't see any way for the two to connect. You'd need a different program or to create something yourself since it sounds like you want trigger rules that utilize both exchanges, like "if price on Bitfinex goes below 95% of BTC-e price, sell x btc on BTC-e" etc.

I actually hadn't thought of opening more than one instance of qt at a time.  If it works I might have to try arb trading with a setup like that  Wink. I could see something like that being a useful feature someday... with more than one api logged in at a time.   

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
This an updated version of this Huh
Do you need to know any programming language to get this up and running?
I see some people talking about python and don't know any of that and don't want to have to use any command line interface either.
Just a gui platform to get trading on each of those exchanges mentioned easily and as quickly as possible. Wink

Thank you for any advice on this project.
legendary
Oh man, what happened with the latest update.  This was my favorite program but now it is this giant window thing I can't reduce and the order books look like crap  Cry

I'll add option to disable/enable DPI scaling, for now you can set up your monitor DPI to 100%

Thank you, that option would be great.  Unfortunately my resolution is so high I have to use scaling. 

Is the older version available? I could just reinstall that and not update until the scaling option is available.  It was working fine until I updated.  Anyway, thank you again for a fantastic program (well, at least before the last update  Grin)
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Oh man, what happened with the latest update.  This was my favorite program but now it is this giant window thing I can't reduce and the order books look like crap  Cry

I'll add option to disable/enable DPI scaling, for now you can set up your monitor DPI to 100%
legendary
Activity: 40
Hello,

Is it possible to show somewhere the current summary Ballance value in USD? Or some other value?

So if you have 0,1 BTC (about 120$) and 10 USD, than you would see 130$.

With kind regards
Damien
Activity: 407
Merit: 250
HI igor,

until some Versions before, QT still showed the total account balance btc or/and usd when orders were created/active.
Now in the new versions QT showes only the left (when only a part i used) or 0 (when 100% are used) amount when orders are active. From my view, it is very confusing. When orders are created its not possible to see "how much USD or BTC you have".
Could you please make it like it was before?

This is really confusing and there is no info about the account balance (orders are created here):

I hope you understand what i mean

This groupbox automatically hide if there is no space for others.
So you need to change groupbox layout to make more space or set higher resolution, less DPI etc.

HI Igor,

i think there is a misunderstanding. Nothing is hidding. When i have 1000 USD it should show 1000 USD in this box when orders are created...but it shows 0 when a 10000 USD order is created.

BTW. the 100% rulething...99,75 is working good, but of course he leaves a little bit in the account.
Activity: 1
(Fixed) Api key error deleted api and created a new one.
Hi getting a error can someone help a noob out?

***************************************************************************************************
Welcome to Poloniex Lending Bot
2017-03-08 16:51:11 Error: HTTP Error 422:  Requesting returnOpenLoanOffers
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\poloniexlendingbot-master\lendingbot.py", line 71, in
    Lending.cancel_all()
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\poloniexlendingbot-master\modules\Lending.py", line 138, in cancel_all
    loan_offers = api.return_open_loan_offers()
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\poloniexlendingbot-master\modules\Poloniex.py", line 153, in return_open_loan_offers
    loan_offers = self.api_query('returnOpenLoanOffers')
  File "C:\Users\Eric\Desktop\poloniexlendingbot-master\modules\Poloniex.py", line 104, in api_query
    ret = urllib2.urlopen(urllib2.Request('https://poloniex.com/tradingApi', post_data, headers))
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 435, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 548, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 473, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 556, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
HTTPError: HTTP Error 422:

Unhandled error, please open a Github issue so we can fix it!
***************************************************************************************************
Hello Igor,

sometimes the easiest way is also the fastest one. I've compiled your code successfuly on Linux Mate for Odroid-C2. Of course, with your instructions that are on SourceForge  Grin. Thank you again.

It would still be usefull if the the app could be locked.

Best regards
Damien
Hello,

1. Then, if I have something like code below start fun1(); it will call fun2 every 15s.

Code:
/////////////////////////////
var counter = 0;

function fun1()
{
    counter = 0;
    trader.timer(15, "fun2()");
}

function fun2()
{
     counter++;
}
////////////////////////////////

a) Can I later stop that calling?
b) if a call fun1() again in another function will the counter be restarded and only one fun2 will run periodicaly?

2. Have anyone also tried long period trading in QT Bitcoin trader and how should I start?
a) I also have another one. Is it also possible to get statistics like moving average or any other from your app?

3. What array functions can I use? Not all Javascript functions are working and QT Javascript also not.

4. Bitfinex has two different fees. One for buying and one for selling? Is this predicted in QT Bitcoin trader?

5. I also just bought odroid-C2, so I could run Bitcoin Trader on Ubuntu mate 16.06. Now I have a big problem. Wine won't work, I have problem with QT development ... Can you please build app for this distro? Or can you give me instructions how to do this. I really want to use your app, otherwise I'll have to design something by myself in Eclipse or similliar development app. If it's too much to ask, send me private messsage, couse I'm willing to pay if the price is not too high Smiley Is anyone running this app on different distro and maybe on someking of development board?

Best regards
Damjan

You can try setTimeout and setInterval from JavaScript
Currently trader.timer can be stopped only when group have stopped.
Also you can use events to start/stop groups instead of functions.
I'm not offering paid help, better write here your problem and you will get answer.

Yes, a hint where I could use start/stop groups could work just fine. But, I want to change same variables through different functions. I will look for functions in Javascript or maybe use files for logging variables?

Well, I don't know how to compile a ubuntu package, so I could run it on Ubuntu Mate. I bought a mini PC development board, so I could experiment a little.

Oh, and thank you for you answer about working on historical data. You could start with a price for specific day Smiley

Best regards
Damien

Is it also possible to add some kind of GUI lock option? The user could lock the interface and nothing could be changed or viewed until the passcode is entered. But the scripts and other rules will still be running in the background. It could happen, that I'm not by the computer or. my machine is overtaken somehow.

Please also give an answer to my question about running this app on Ubuntu.

Kind regards
Damien
legendary
FIXED: Install xCode  Grin

No, you don't need xCode. There was problem that have been fixed today so you got it works again.
Activity: 50
OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
v1.30.03 Released auto close when open Qt Bitcoin Trader

/Applications/Qt\ Bitcoin\ Trader.app/Contents/MacOS/QtBitcoinTrader ; exit;
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

v1.10.01 run OK

FIXED: Install xCode  Grin
legendary
v1.30.04 Released!

Added new pair for BitStamp
Fixed fee calculations in Bitfinex
Main window title now shows middle price instead of last trade price
Fixed issue when app can't start

I recommend always to use only secure auto update.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcointrader/
Hello,

1. Then, if I have something like code below start fun1(); it will call fun2 every 15s.

Code:
var counter = 0;

function fun1()
{
    counter = 0;
}

function fun2()
{
     counter++;
}

b) if a call fun1() again in another function will the counter be restarded and only one fun2 will run periodicaly?

2. Have anyone also tried long period trading in QT Bitcoin trader and how should I start?
a) I also have another one. Is it also possible to get statistics like moving average or any other from your app?

3. What array functions can I use? Not all Javascript functions are working and QT Javascript also not.

4. Bitfinex has two different fees. One for buying and one for selling? Is this predicted in QT Bitcoin trader?

5. I also just bought odroid-C2, so I could run Bitcoin Trader on Ubuntu mate 16.06. Now I have a big problem. Wine won't work, I have problem with QT development ... Can you please build app for this distro? Or can you give me instructions how to do this. I really want to use your app, otherwise I'll have to design something by myself in Eclipse or similliar development app. If it's too much to ask, send me private messsage, couse I'm willing to pay if the price is not too high Smiley Is anyone running this app on different distro and maybe on someking of development board?

Best regards
Damjan

I'm not offering paid help, better write here your problem and you will get answer.

Yes, a hint where I could use start/stop groups could work just fine. But, I want to change same variables through different functions. I will look for functions in Javascript or maybe use files for logging variables?

Well, I don't know how to compile a ubuntu package, so I could run it on Ubuntu Mate. I bougt a mini PC development board, so I could experiment a little.

Oh, and thank you for you answer about working on historical data. You could start with a price for specific day Smiley

Best regards
Damien
Activity: 50
OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
v1.30.03 Released auto close when open Qt Bitcoin Trader

/Applications/Qt\ Bitcoin\ Trader.app/Contents/MacOS/QtBitcoinTrader ; exit;
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

v1.10.01 run OK

legendary
In latest build I forgot to remove debug code that limits life time for beta builds.
Currently latest build can't start because limit reached.
I'll release update today so everyone who have latest build will get secure auto update message and will be updated to release without limits.
If you need to start app urgent, change your date to 2017-02-15, start app, than change date back.
legendary
Hello,

Code:
var counter = 0;

function fun1()
{
    counter = 0;
}

function fun2()
{
     counter++;
}

Best regards
Damjan

Pages:
Jump to: