Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 38. (Read 383314 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
If, 24 hr Highest Price, Goes More Than, 10%, Sell All my BTC, Market Ask Price

What I just don't understand is "Goes More Than, 10%"

10% of what?
If it's current price then what is the tick time? Is it yesterdays low price? Is it price of my buy price? Is it the bid price of 10 minutes ago?
I can't see how these formulas can work without defining the "Goes more than, 10% of........."
Activity: 426
Merit: 100
can we please have some sort of data collection

say log

Highest / Lowest price / within a time period
Manually set in either Minutes or Hr

ie)

30 min Highest Price / Lowest Price
1 hr Highest Price / Lowest Price
24 hr Highest Price / Lowest Price
72 hr Highest Price / Lowest Price
168 hr Highest Price / Lowest Price

That way we can make a rule like

If, 24 hr Lowest Price, Goes Less Than, 10%, Spend All my USD, Market Ask Price

Followed by

If, 24 hr Highest Price, Goes More Than, 10%, Sell All my BTC, Market Ask Price

also can we have a % for sell amount

Sell All my BTC
Sell Half my BTC
Sell % my BTC

Spend All my USD
Spend Half my USD
Spend % my USD

Personally I like spreading with 10% or 25% of my Total Balance

Currently the rules will not catch a 600 % drop like $102 day
it will only buy in at a small drop and not be able to sell back to buy in at the very bottom

I normally have 25% of my Balance ready for annual flash crashes
Quote from: ZDILLON on Today at 02:58:13 AM
I'm trying to get these "rules" to work as well.

Trying to say:
"If current price (last, bid or ask) drops 2% from Last Buy price... then Buy 0.01BTC at current price"
"And then also place a sell of 0.01 BTC at 2% Higher than last buy price)

I have this in the rules:
1. If my orders last buy price<2%  bid  0.01BTC  Last Price
2. If my orders last buy price < $1  ask  My Orders Last Buy +2%

So to test this, I bought manually at $566. Which means a 2% drop should be $554
Well the price has dropped to $535 and still no buy order has been placed.

So what am I doing wrong.
I just want to automatically set a buy order at 2% less than my last buy.
(and also a sell at 2% higher... but that is step 2)
We pretty much all want this and none of us have gotten a straight answer about it lol.

Yes I can see that there's a couple of queries about how the syntax works...
It's a shame the rule syntax isn't well explained here, because this would be some awesome software if it could do this.
Just needs to have a rule that says:

If "current price"    "goes less than"     "My Orders Last Buy Price  - (% or fixed amount)"   then "Sell ...."

Eveything is ALMOST there... except for the extra condition to compare current price with my last order price. 

Shouldn't be too hard a job to add that in, right?
Activity: 37

Trying to say:
"If current price (last, bid or ask) drops 2% from Last Buy price... then Buy 0.01BTC at current price"

So to test this, I bought manually at $566. Which means a 2% drop should be $554

We pretty much all want this and none of us have gotten a straight answer about it lol.

Trying to say:

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I'm not sure if someone asks this before but is it possible to trade on LTC Markets (BTCE - OKCOIN) ?

If not, what to change in source code ? globally Smiley

Thanks anyway
Activity: 3
Thanks so much, it works great...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Just want to say thank you for great application.
Really simple and useful
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Hi Ighor, do you have any plans on adding Coinsetter support soon? Thanks Cheesy
I too would love coinsetter implemented and MtGox removed from Qt Trader, here is a link to coinsetters api:
https://www.coinsetter.com/api

Coinsetter allows me to trade on bitstamp without an account there.  Awesome new service imho, pm me if you need help testing beta code, i'll git it Wink
Thnx
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Vault of Sotoshi just offered a monthly fee for free trading!!

Please support these guys!
Activity: 5
But [price x fee x 2] = [3.466 x 0.002 x 2] = 0.013864 and thus leads to a zero profit price of [3.466 + 0.013864] = 3.479864 and not 3.481. Or am I missing something?

I'm adding value to compensate exchange rounding.
For example price have 3 decimals 0.000, I get minimum of this decimals value 0.001 and add this value to zero profit price for buy and subtract from sell profit price.
Rounded value exact 3.481.

Absolutely right, thanks for explaining!
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
But [price x fee x 2] = [3.466 x 0.002 x 2] = 0.013864 and thus leads to a zero profit price of [3.466 + 0.013864] = 3.479864 and not 3.481. Or am I missing something?

I'm adding value to compensate exchange rounding.
For example price have 3 decimals 0.000, I get minimum of this decimals value 0.001 and add this value to zero profit price for buy and subtract from sell profit price.
Rounded value exact 3.481.
Hey Ighor,

zero profit price in 1.07.97 beta 4 for OSX still seems off. E.g. PPC bought for 3.466, zero profit price says 3.481 while fee is 0.002% at BTC-e. Is there still a bug in the application or am I calculating wrong?

Huh

Zero profit step depends only by price.
Formula is: Price*Fee*2
[/quote]

legendary
Mind adding in a "backtest mode"? This way we can test our rules in real time without having to actually risk losing our currencies.

Thanks for your hard work. The tool is definitely shaping up to be a powerhouse.

You can test rules without risk right now, just use sound instead of order placing.

Hey Ighor,

zero profit price in 1.07.97 beta 4 for OSX still seems off. E.g. PPC bought for 3.466, zero profit price says 3.481 while fee is 0.002% at BTC-e. Is there still a bug in the application or am I calculating wrong?

Huh

Zero profit step depends only by price.
Formula is: Price*Fee*2
Activity: 85
Hey Ighor,

Huh

Isn't the fee 0.2%?
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Hi all.
I have read all new messages.
I understand you want to use rules like "If %INDICATOR_1%<%INDICATOR_2% Then.." and I'll work on it.
First of all I'll make changes to UI to make you able to see what is going on in rules realtime.

Also I'll add Logs tab to see what and when was triggered.

Askit2, thank you for detailed description, I'll make update to better debugging and contact you.
I'll be glad if you will help me to test your examples and we will make it better.

About Cryptsy: I'll add it in upcoming update.
About other exchanges: I have updated base exchange class to make easier add new exchanges, but for now it still takes a time to add and debug each exchange, I'm thinking how to make engine better for easier adding. First of all I want to make it stable and rules working well. So other exchanges will be added later.

Thank you all for bug reports, feedbacks and donations!

PS: I was in Kyiv, was near revolution 8 Km and there was quiet.

I will enjoy helping make it better. I am happy to help!

I'm now doing all trade testing on BTCe. Seems like last bugfix still has the 500 request problem or the one I changed I used 600 for no good reason. Not a big deal. I should have fixed the interval to run both before I got myself banned for an hour last night. Still no big loss and it was 100% my fault.

All in all data use went down a ton switching from Gox.
Hey Ighor,

Huh
Activity: 37
Hi all.
I understand you want to use rules like "If %INDICATOR_1%<%INDICATOR_2% Then.." and I'll work on it.
First of all I'll make changes to UI to make you able to see what is going on in rules realtime.

Askit2, thank you for detailed description, I'll make update to better debugging and contact you.
I'll be glad if you will help me to test your examples and we will make it better.

About other exchanges: I have updated base exchange class to make easier add new exchanges, but for now it still takes a time to add and debug each exchange, I'm thinking how to make engine better for easier adding. First of all I want to make it stable and rules working well. So other exchanges will be added later.

Mind adding in a "backtest mode"? This way we can test our rules in real time without having to actually risk losing our currencies.

Thanks for your hard work. The tool is definitely shaping up to be a powerhouse.
legendary
Hi all.

Activity: 68
Hi Ighor, do you have any plans on adding Coinsetter support soon? Thanks Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: