Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 34. (Read 383314 times)

Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Hi mate, I've been using your program for watching the market for a while now but, I never trade with it because there is a huge delay when I try to buy or sell.

(takes 5 or more seconds for the order to actually appear after pressing buy or sell which makes it impossible to trade)

Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!  Wink

This is caused by exchanges requests per second limitation.
But I'm working on it and I'll make 100 ms delay.
So keep tracking updates.
That will be awesome! Will be watching your posts like a hawk  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Hi mate, I've been using your program for watching the market for a while now but, I never trade with it because there is a huge delay when I try to buy or sell.

(takes 5 or more seconds for the order to actually appear after pressing buy or sell which makes it impossible to trade)

This is caused by exchanges requests per second limitation.
But I'm working on it and I'll make 100 ms delay.
So keep tracking updates.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api.  

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issut will still persist, than contact me again.

I downloaded the new version, recreated new keys.  Still have the same error.
it must be a bitstamp issue.  In the upper left corner it says login: offline.  I'm logged in thru the site.

I had to make new API key for Bitstamp after they went offline the other day. The first time I tried I forgot to activate the keys after generating them. Double check your key to make sure it has been activated.

Got it working, think I had an old profile I kept updated, deleted all of it.  And reentered, working now. 
Thanks

Activity: 170
Merit: 10
The World’s First Blockchain Core
I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api.  

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issut will still persist, than contact me again.

it must be a bitstamp issue.  In the upper left corner it says login: offline.  I'm logged in thru the site.

I had to make new API key for Bitstamp after they went offline the other day. The first time I tried I forgot to activate the keys after generating them. Double check your key to make sure it has been activated.

legendary
v1.07.98 Released!

Fixed minor bugs.
Removed Mt.Gox exchange
Added new currency pairs to BTC-e and BTC China.
Fixed rule bugs.
Ui improvements.
Added heartbleed OpenSSL bug information dialog.
New auto update engine.

Rules going to be rewrited soon.
legendary

Sorry, mistyped, I mean bitstamp. Please wait a little, I'll release update. If issue will still persist, than contact me again.
This may have been mentioned, but the Ask and Bid prices are wrong way round in rules.

Also, could there be a leverage setting for Bitfinex so rules can be better compatible with margin trading?

Does the Bitfinex API have a facility to close/claim orders?  If so, could this be facilitated?

Cheers.

K

I'll make improvements soon.

Bitstamp is telling me identification is required to access API.

I remade the API around 5 times.  I also cut and paste the codes to a text editor first then copied them from there to qt trader.

Check API rights on bitfinex website.

I don't use bitfinex.  I use bitstamp.  And I checked all the options.  But I cant change them after I make the api. 
legendary
This may have been mentioned, but the Ask and Bid prices are wrong way round in rules.

Also, could there be a leverage setting for Bitfinex so rules can be better compatible with margin trading?

Does the Bitfinex API have a facility to close/claim orders?  If so, could this be facilitated?

Cheers.

K

I'll make improvements soon.

I remade the API around 5 times.  I also cut and paste the codes to a text editor first then copied them from there to qt trader.

Check API rights on bitstamp website.

I remade the API around 5 times.  I also cut and paste the codes to a text editor first then copied them from there to qt trader.
legendary
If you run Windows I bilieve you should try the latest binary, though I don know if they are updated yet.

Success

I'm working on it, update is coming very soon.
Activity: 34
Merit: 5
Snice this OpenSSL issue,
the BitFinex API is having Issues:

Hi

I had the same issue with Bitstamp API with Qt-Bitcoin Trader running on Ubuntu.
I updated openSSL library following Ubuntu autoupdate and recompiled Qt-Bitcoin Trader with latest source.
Works perfectly now.

If you run Windows I bilieve you should try the latest binary, though I don know if they are updated yet.

Success
Activity: 85

Does the Bitfinex API have a facility to close/claim orders?  If so, could this be facilitated?

Cheers.

K
Activity: 82
First hear about Mintpal. Cryptsy most likely yes.
How about Bter?
legendary
will this application support Cryptsy or Mintpal in the future?

First hear about Mintpal. Cryptsy most likely yes.
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
will this application support Cryptsy or Mintpal in the future?
legendary
I just figured out that the rules are only executed once. Can you add a checkbox that the rules are continously executed?

You need to add rule what will enable rules again.
Activity: 13
I just figured out that the rules are only executed once. Can you add a checkbox that the rules are continously executed?
Activity: 7
I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot. Most expect it the other way around. I think if this doesn't work out, a better method would be to implement a separate auto trade fee so that any successful trade that happens (buy or sell) would include a small 0.1%-0.5% fee added to whatever the exchanges fee is. So in other words when the trade successfully goes through (the open order is closed), the exchange gets it's fee as usual and the bot also sends a separate 0.1%-0.5% to your btc address. I think this would please everyone and here's why:
1) The bot would remain free.
2) All exchanges could be included (eventually)
3) The more people using and making trades with the bot the more money you and your company would make.
4) The users don't have to deal with switching between "supported exchanges" and "unsupported exchanges".
5) It all happens in the backend and would be auto calculated within the rule set so the user still makes a profit.

just my 2 cents. I know I'd personally stop using the bot if BTCe was no longer supported mainly because I don't want to move my btc around again.

I have to disagree to your proposed fee %. I've been trading on 1 minute algorithm since December (mainly Cryptotrader.org) and that I support with Qt Bitcoin Trader (e.g. stop loss). This means tens, even a hundred trades per day. BTC price volatility in this time frame is usually 0.5%, on good days 1% and on extreme days it can be more than 10%. Exchanges take 0.4% or 0.2% of each trade already, so from usual 0.5% this leaves maximum of 0.3% for relative profit (and here I say relative, because you sometimes can't get profit for days or get negative price development for longer times). 0.1% would therefore mean 1/3 of my best profits. This would automatically mean that I would reject this service.

Cryptotrader has been for long time now using a user license policy where different features are available at different monthly fees. I have some difficulties that sometimes this is for me 100% of my monthly profits, sometimes even 200%. However, there seems to be several other customers on the service so the license policy works. As the trading bot doesn't have very high intelligence inside (e.g. logic patterns, algorithms for trend analysis, auto-tuning trade patterns) I would recommend a Basic fee of e.g. $5 / month / exchange (substantially lower fee than CryptoTrader). Unlimited exchanges would be inside Pro feature and that would cost e.g. 5x Basic. As the next versions are coming with new features (like 3EMA trend tracking and Decision models that support parallel rules) these would be included to Medium and Pro accounts that have much higher fee.
Pages:
Jump to: