Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 36. (Read 383314 times)

legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Hi IGHOR, I have a bug to report to you.

I was using the QT Trader with BTC-e and the buy/sell lower limit was 0.01 BTC, and that was OK because it is the actual exchange limit, but now I started to use it with Bitstamp and that limit is still enforced, although I can buy and sell smaller quantities via their website, so I think that I have found a bug.

Greetings and thanks for all your work!

Thanks, can you tell what is the minimum ammount for Bitstamp?
I'll fix it.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi IGHOR, I have a bug to report to you.

I was using the QT Trader with BTC-e and the buy/sell lower limit was 0.01 BTC, and that was OK because it is the actual exchange limit, but now I started to use it with Bitstamp and that limit is still enforced, although I can buy and sell smaller quantities via their website, so I think that I have found a bug.

Greetings and thanks for all your work!
legendary
Answers for everyone that application remains free.
I'll do the best to make it better for users and exchanges.
Keep tracking updates.

Can we have an update with customizable rule sets so we can write our own (ie. "If %SOMEVALUE% goes 5% less than %ANOTHERVALUE% than do ..") before you release this version that requires exchanges to pay up? It would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, you will receive this update.
Activity: 37
Keep tracking updates.

Can we have an update with customizable rule sets so we can write our own (ie. "If %SOMEVALUE% goes 5% less than %ANOTHERVALUE% than do ..") before you release this version that requires exchanges to pay up? It would be greatly appreciated!
Sure, making money is okay. It's a nice application too. Smiley Still beta, but hey.
If he manages to generate some income with exchanges that pay him, he might have the happiest users ever. Because the application remains free for every user. (Like he said above.)
Which would be great.

I _really_ hope HFQ doesn't come into this game too early.
legendary
Keep tracking updates.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
It is good to have relationships with exchanges, not only for Ighor but also for users of his application.

Exchanges will notify Ighor ahead of time about changes to their api, so when the change is live, Ighor will have changes to his application already made and bugs fixed, and we won't need to wait.

Besides, he worked hard, he needs to start earning money  Smiley
Does this basicly mean we as regular users can't no more use it without paying for it?
I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

Let's wait and see. If Ighor enriches his app with charting, then his product would for sure be of interest to exchanges.

Bucketshops are paying hundreds of thousands of dollar to get Metatrader as a front-end for their clients (and partially a back-end for themselves). Why wouldn't bitcoin exchanges pay for having a decent front-end for their clients?

As far as I know there is currently one application, rtbtc, that has charts and order execution - the end user pays 20 bucks a month (rtbtc charts are very basic and low-quality).

Ighor follows a different business model in which the exchange pays for the front-end. In my opinion Ighor's product has potential (quality-wise, if charts are added) to kill rtbtc.

I'm not saying his product is of poor quality. I'm just pointing out that the owners of most exchanges are already getting large amounts of users who are already using bots that connect to their exchanges for free. So there's no real incentive for those exchange owners to pay to have a bot work on their exchange.

I suspect maybe two or three small exchanges will pay or make some kind of deal in order to get more traffic but larger exchanges like BTCe...not so sure.

I'll be interesting to see but I'll support whatever Ighor chooses to do as long as the bot stays free.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass
I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot.

Let's wait and see. If Ighor enriches his app with charting, then his product would for sure be of interest to exchanges.

Bucketshops are paying hundreds of thousands of dollar to get Metatrader as a front-end for their clients (and partially a back-end for themselves). Why wouldn't bitcoin exchanges pay for having a decent front-end for their clients?

As far as I know there is currently one application, rtbtc, that has charts and order execution - the end user pays 20 bucks a month (rtbtc charts are very basic and low-quality).

Ighor follows a different business model in which the exchange pays for the front-end. In my opinion Ighor's product has potential (quality-wise, if charts are added) to kill rtbtc.
Hi everyone!

As I have written before, I have several developments for Qt Bitcoin Trader in the pipeline. This summer, several powerful features will be added. This, however, will cost time and money. Therefore I have decided to commercialize the application in the following way.

•   The exchanges which receive new customers and trading traffic from the application will have to pay, if they wish that their exchange shall be featured in the enhanced application.
•   I will continue development and commercialization of the application within a datacom company where I am a part owner, Centrabit AG, with CHF 200 000 share capital. This will give me the resources to speed up the development and combine the application with other services within Centrabit, which will make Qt Bitcoin Trader better for users and exchanges.
During March 2014 I will contact selected exchanges in order to check the interest for being featured within the enhanced Qt Bitcoin Trader.

I thank all users who have donated bitcoin during the last ten months, (total 7 BTC). You have helped me make this application possible. From now on I do not need any more donations.

For the avoidance of doubt:

•   Qt Bitcoin Trader remains open-source.
•   Security and privacy remain top priority.

http://qtopentrader.com/?Section=News

I have doubts that exchanges are going to pay you to have their exchange added to the bot. Most expect it the other way around. I think if this doesn't work out, a better method would be to implement a separate auto trade fee so that any successful trade that happens (buy or sell) would include a small 0.1%-0.5% fee added to whatever the exchanges fee is. So in other words when the trade successfully goes through (the open order is closed), the exchange gets it's fee as usual and the bot also sends a separate 0.1%-0.5% to your btc address. I think this would please everyone and here's why:
1) The bot would remain free.
2) All exchanges could be included (eventually)
3) The more people using and making trades with the bot the more money you and your company would make.
4) The users don't have to deal with switching between "supported exchanges" and "unsupported exchanges".
5) It all happens in the backend and would be auto calculated within the rule set so the user still makes a profit.

just my 2 cents. I know I'd personally stop using the bot if BTCe was no longer supported mainly because I don't want to move my btc around again.
legendary
What about adding US exchanges like coin.mx and a few others?

I'll contact them one by one.

What BitFinex Error is:

"Nonce is too small"  ?

Thanks

This mean that you used same API keys in other apps, or you trying to run two instances with same API keys.
You should re-create API keys and use it only in one program.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What BitFinex Error is:

"Nonce is too small"  ?

Thanks
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
What about adding US exchanges like coin.mx and a few others?
legendary
Hello again Ighor, no answers about chinese exchange platforms : Huobi / OKCoin BTC and LTC.
Is it possible to add support for it ?

Thanks.

Hi.
New exchanges will be added as soon as we reach commercial agreements with them. You could tell the exchange this.

Activity: 81
Hi Ighor,

Any plans or thoughts on
adding the following China Exchanges :

Huobi

https://www.huobi.com/

and

OkCoin

https://www.okcoin.com/

Agree, just said upper.

Hello again Ighor, no answers about chinese exchange platforms : Huobi / OKCoin BTC and LTC.
Is it possible to add support for it ?

Thanks.
Activity: 112
Going forward,

will all exchanges still be included,

or just need to pay a fee to be featured  / Highlighted ?

Thanks
legendary
I get this message for any exchange I try.

Your API key and secret are encrypted by AES256. Please enter password to encrypt data.

What password is that?

You need to create new password what will be used to encrypt your API keys what will be saved locally.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I get this message for any exchange I try.

Your API key and secret are encrypted by AES256. Please enter password to encrypt data.

What password is that?
legendary
Hi everyone!

As I have written before, I have several developments for Qt Bitcoin Trader in the pipeline. This summer, several powerful features will be added. This, however, will cost time and money. Therefore I have decided to commercialize the application in the following way.

•   The exchanges which receive new customers and trading traffic from the application will have to pay, if they wish that their exchange shall be featured in the enhanced application.
•   I will continue development and commercialization of the application within a datacom company where I am a part owner, Centrabit AG, with CHF 200 000 share capital. This will give me the resources to speed up the development and combine the application with other services within Centrabit, which will make Qt Bitcoin Trader better for users and exchanges.
During March 2014 I will contact selected exchanges in order to check the interest for being featured within the enhanced Qt Bitcoin Trader.

I thank all users who have donated bitcoin during the last ten months, (total 7 BTC). You have helped me make this application possible. From now on I do not need any more donations.

For the avoidance of doubt:

•   Qt Bitcoin Trader remains open-source.
•   Security and privacy remain top priority.

Pages:
Jump to: