Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 51. (Read 383297 times)

RG
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Hi IGHOR!

Have you noticed that if you go All In to make a bid or to make an ask, it puts the total amount of your USD minus your trading fee, and then when it calculates how many btc you will receive it discounts your trading fee again, so in one buy or sell the QtBT "eats" double fee. Is it happening to anyone else?

Greetings!

You see real values you will receive after buy/sell considering fee.

I mean, for example, if i go "all in" and my USD amount is 1000 USD, when i click all in, only 998 USD will appear in my "total to expend" box. I am also using bitstamp.
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Ighor, could you please respond to my earlier question?

Anyone else on Bitstamp having problems with submitting all-in bids?

I see issue, I'll PM you with private build for testing.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I'm still running into issues where my all-in buy limit order does not go through, about half the time.

I wonder if this is due to the way Bitstamp calculates it's trading fee. I notice that when the buy-in does not go through, if I move the 0.0X digit one lower and it always goes through.

See below from: https://www.bitstamp.net/fee_schedule/

FEE ROUNDING We kindly ask our users to take note on Bitstamp's policy regarding fee calculation. As our fees are calculated to two decimal places, all fees which might exceed this limitation are rounded up. The rounding up is executed in such a way, that the second decimal digit is always one digit value higher than it was before the rounding up. For example; a fee of 0.111 will be charged as 0.12.

Ighor, could you please respond to my earlier question?

Anyone else on Bitstamp having problems with submitting all-in bids?
legendary
Hi IGHOR!

Have you noticed that if you go All In to make a bid or to make an ask, it puts the total amount of your USD minus your trading fee, and then when it calculates how many btc you will receive it discounts your trading fee again, so in one buy or sell the QtBT "eats" double fee. Is it happening to anyone else?

Greetings!

You see real values you will receive after buy/sell considering fee.
RG
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Hi IGHOR!

Greetings!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Any chance you've looked at cavirtex.com to sed if it can be supported? Would love to be able to do this with Canadian exchange!

Thank you again. Love it!
legendary
Hello,

i have tried to compile the Trader on my Cubietruck (arm). I get the following error at the end when i am running
Code:
make
This is the error i get:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtOpenGL
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [QtBitcoinTrader] Fehler 1

Any idea how to fix it?

You need to install or compile Qt SDK first.
Activity: 450
Merit: 250
I'm still running into issues where my all-in buy limit order does not go through, about half the time.

I wonder if this is due to the way Bitstamp calculates it's trading fee. I notice that when the buy-in does not go through, if I move the 0.0X digit one lower and it always goes through.

FEE ROUNDING We kindly ask our users to take note on Bitstamp's policy regarding fee calculation. As our fees are calculated to two decimal places, all fees which might exceed this limitation are rounded up. The rounding up is executed in such a way, that the second decimal digit is always one digit value higher than it was before the rounding up. For example; a fee of 0.111 will be charged as 0.12.
It could also have something to do with doing the calculations with floating point numbers instead of integers (# of satoshis) and bad rounding when converting the results back to satoshi-integers getting passed back to the API, and ending up trying to buy (or sell) more than your available balance will allow. Like with 5/4 rounding.

Activity: 33

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Node.js | Java | C Developer
Hello,

i have tried to compile the Trader on my Cubietruck (arm). I get the following error at the end when i am running
Code:
make
This is the error i get:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lQtOpenGL
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make: *** [QtBitcoinTrader] Fehler 1

Any idea how to fix it?
legendary

Really great work for the community. When my wallet will be loaded next time, I'll make a donation.

If you are looking for improvements ;-) these are my suggestions:

>Scripting language would be awesome in the long run. Yes  I know, that is very difficult to implement.
>Second best solution: calculation with moving Average values for several durations e.g. 1min
   average or 1 hour average. Thus the rules could adapt automatically when the  market price
   moves. Actually the rules are too static.
>"Exact price" perhaps should be namend as "exact max/min price". Example: "if market price > 749 then sell 1 BTC for exact price 1$".You would of course not receive  1$. You would get the actual market buy price at the moment. Therefore it the rule inidcates a *minimum* price (sell) or *maximum* price (buy). This is the principle of an exchange I know, but for example there is a german „exchange“ bitcoin.de which works in a manner like ebay pricing. Therefore for my opinion it would be more clear, when max/min is mentioned, especially for novice traders. This information could be relevant for stopp loss orders in a crash scenario.
>Rule groups could get a symbol in the title, if at least one of the rules is activated.
>If you make a new rule it is activated by default. I would  find it more secure  when changing or experimenting with rules, that the user has to activate them with a seperate click.

Day by day I'll make it better and better Smiley

@Uli123

I very much agree with many of your suggestions, particularly the idea that the rules are too static.  I'd love to see that change, for sure!

@IGHOR

I'm wondering if there's been any progress on getting Cryptsy support ready?  NOT asking to rush you, but rather, I've begun to dig around in the sources for my own experimentation, and thought I might ask if you'd already begun so as to not end up reinventing the wheel...

As well, might you have any hints as to where I'd be best to start?  ATM, I'm simply considering copying the BTCe (as that's the one I currently use) files, and editing them according to the API diff's.  Would that be a decent way to go about this, and more importantly, as very much a NON-developer, would I be better off to just wait (lol)?

I hope to make present for all and give update at New Year with Cryptsy and Bitfinex support.
Activity: 19
@Uli123

I very much agree with many of your suggestions, particularly the idea that the rules are too static.  I'd love to see that change, for sure!

@IGHOR

I'm wondering if there's been any progress on getting Cryptsy support ready?  NOT asking to rush you, but rather, I've begun to dig around in the sources for my own experimentation, and thought I might ask if you'd already begun so as to not end up reinventing the wheel...

As well, might you have any hints as to where I'd be best to start?  ATM, I'm simply considering copying the BTCe (as that's the one I currently use) files, and editing them according to the API diff's.  Would that be a decent way to go about this, and more importantly, as very much a NON-developer, would I be better off to just wait (lol)?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Really great work for the community. When my wallet will be loaded next time, I'll make a donation.

If you are looking for improvements ;-) these are my suggestions:

>Scripting language would be awesome in the long run. Yes  I know, that is very difficult to implement.
>Second best solution: calculation with moving Average values for several durations e.g. 1min
   average or 1 hour average. Thus the rules could adapt automatically when the  market price
   moves. Actually the rules are too static.
>"Exact price" perhaps should be namend as "exact max/min price". Example: "if market price > 749 then sell 1 BTC for exact price 1$".You would of course not receive  1$. You would get the actual market buy price at the moment. Therefore it the rule inidcates a *minimum* price (sell) or *maximum* price (buy). This is the principle of an exchange I know, but for example there is a german „exchange“ bitcoin.de which works in a manner like ebay pricing. Therefore for my opinion it would be more clear, when max/min is mentioned, especially for novice traders. This information could be relevant for stopp loss orders in a crash scenario.
>Rule groups could get a symbol in the title, if at least one of the rules is activated.
>If you make a new rule it is activated by default. I would  find it more secure  when changing or experimenting with rules, that the user has to activate them with a seperate click.
Activity: 6
OK! For other people with this problem. I did not have the folder Ighor described, after creating it and adjusting the write permissions the application works.
Thanx Ighor

See my post above.

Checks if the folder exists, if not create it (in finder go to /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/). Make sure read and write are enabled for all users (not sure if thats needed, but it worked for me)

Hope it helps
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
Hi IGHOR,

is it just the Mac version or is Bitstamp API not supported at the moment? I can only choose between gox and btc-e.

(maybe I did not find the answer a couple of pages before Wink )

edit:

got it. I was first using the "old" version from softpedia, but now got the up-to-date SF beta

Make sure you use lastest v1.07.96
Create new profile and chose Bitstamp
Also you can use secure auto update to make sure you use lastest version.

thanks, that is working. But I seem to have the same bug that was featured on facebook, after entering the api credentials and password I was asked to enter my profile password, after that I was set back to enter the api key.. On facebook you said something about folder permissions, mine are set to

"drwxr-xr-x  5 username  staff  170 28 Dez 13:52 QtBitcoinTrader"

what do I have to change? Smiley

edit - changed all folder permissions to read & write and now it works.
Activity: 6
Hi Ighor, as promised, a donation of 0.5 litecoin is heading your way for your great work on QT Bitcoin trader, your work is much appreciated.
I use the program because its so easy to use, i could use the btc-e website but your program makes it so much easer.

I have been playing around with the rules, but i'm a bit confused there. I made a rule for LTC/BTC: "if market sell price goed less then 0.03050 spend all my funds at market sell price" with some other sequential rules when prices rises and lowers again. At the starting moment I have all my funds in BTC. So i would expect to buy LTC for all my BTC when the first rule hits. But nothing happens. When the rule hits it just says processed and the next one jumps to processing, but no order has been created for the rule that was hit.

Do I misunderstand the way the rules work?

legendary
Hi IGHOR,

is it just the Mac version or is Bitstamp API not supported at the moment? I can only choose between gox and btc-e.

edit:

got it. I was first using the "old" version from softpedia, but now got the up-to-date SF beta

Make sure you use lastest v1.07.96
Create new profile and chose Bitstamp
Also you can use secure auto update to make sure you use lastest version.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Medical Translations for Bitcoins
Hi IGHOR,

edit:

legendary
Hi Igor, it's a great program. It help me to trade and secure my trade.
I donate a little bit for your work.

Thank you very match!
Hope to wonder you with many new features soon.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
Hi Igor, it's a great program. It help me to trade and secure my trade.
I donate a little bit for your work.
Pages:
Jump to: