Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 52. (Read 383297 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi. This is a permissions problem. I'll fix this soon.
But you can fix it manually now. Check write permissions to folder: /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/QtBitcoinTrader

OK! For other people with this problem. I did not have the folder Ighor described, after creating it and adjusting the write permissions the application works.
Thanx Ighor
legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Hi Ighor,

Thanks for your great peace of software, much appreciated, will make a donation as soon as i get it working properly.

I downloaded the latest version for my mac from sourceforce, all works fine in the beginning but it seems stuck. I have created new api key and secret on btc-e, entered the info on the first (add profile) screen with valid password but on the next screen the only choice is 'default profile'. When i enter my password i just come back in the first (add profile) screen.

Tried it in my VM with Windows 7, works like a charm. I can choose profile BTC-E[ProfileName] and after entering the password the program starts.

Seems to be some issue with OSX. Tried to uninstall, and install again. Same result. Tried to create new api key / secret. Same result.

I use OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

Any idea?

Hi. This is a permissions problem. I'll fix this soon.
But you can fix it manually now. Check write permissions to folder: /Users/YOUR_NAME/.config/QtBitcoinTrader
Activity: 6
Hi Ighor,

Thanks for your great peace of software, much appreciated, will make a donation as soon as i get it working properly.

I downloaded the latest version for my mac from sourceforce, all works fine in the beginning but it seems stuck. I have created new api key and secret on btc-e, entered the info on the first (add profile) screen with valid password but on the next screen the only choice is 'default profile'. When i enter my password i just come back in the first (add profile) screen.

Tried it in my VM with Windows 7, works like a charm. I can choose profile BTC-E[ProfileName] and after entering the password the program starts.

Seems to be some issue with OSX. Tried to uninstall, and install again. Same result. Tried to create new api key / secret. Same result.

I use OSX 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

Any idea?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
It's great after btc robot accident i was about to lose my trust on robots but this is simple and free i'll give a try to use thanks once more!
legendary
Do you have any plans to add huobi?  They seem to have taken dominance of the market volumes lately.

I'll add all top exchanges. I see huobi have high volume too. So probably I'll add this exchange too.
Activity: 363
Do you have any plans to add huobi?  They seem to have taken dominance of the market volumes lately.
legendary
Hey you were right, after not attempting for ~20 min I tried it again and it worked

I have found solution for this issue. So soon I'll include it to next update.
But now you can do make requests interval larger.
Go to %localappdata%\QtBitcoinTrader and edit ini file.
And set value HttpRequestsInterval to 600 for example. (I'll change default value for BTC-e to 600 instead of 500).
Or larger if required.
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?

This can happens if you used same API keys in another programs.
Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.
So you need re-create API keys.

If this is not solution for you, please send me debug file to my email.
How to save debug file read in first message of this thread.

Thanks for the quick response IGHOR, I've made fresh API keys for both just to be sure and it's still giving me indefinite API lag, I'll send you a debug dump shortly.
Perhaps you got a temp ban from both for the amount of connections from the same IP?

I had this problem briefly with BTCe a couple days ago when I made another key for another build I was working on, and ended up having 2 different builds running at the same time (with one freshly restarted, so I guess you could count a 3rd API connection briefly if it hadn't timed out yet)

It cleared up after about 10 minutes or so tho (with a cloudflare verification thingy in the browser, so I guess that would have counted as a 4th)

Hey you were right, after not attempting for ~20 min I tried it again and it worked
Activity: 450
Not sure if its QT trader or the APIs themselves, but both MTGOX and BTC-E's APIs are both "down" for QT trader, but up for all other software systems including sierra charts, any idea what is going on?

Once this API keys was used on another program it become broken for Qt Bitcoin Trader.

Thanks for the quick response IGHOR, I've made fresh API keys for both just to be sure and it's still giving me indefinite API lag, I'll send you a debug dump shortly.
Perhaps you got a temp ban from both for the amount of connections from the same IP?

I had this problem briefly with BTCe a couple days ago when I made another key for another build I was working on, and ended up having 2 different builds running at the same time (with one freshly restarted, so I guess you could count a 3rd API connection briefly if it hadn't timed out yet)

It cleared up after about 10 minutes or so tho (with a cloudflare verification thingy in the browser, so I guess that would have counted as a 4th)
donator

legendary

donator
legendary
I want to report a bug with the Repeat Buy order and Repeat Sell order, an option from the context menu in "My Open Orders".

As I understand the feature, it takes the selected order and copy pastes the BTC amount and sales price to the big BUY and SELL screens in the bottom left corner. The program seems to be picking up the wrong order. I wonder if it happened because I sorted "My Open Orders" by Price and/or by date and it threw the system off. I know this is not a very technical bug report but I uploaded some images to an imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/vxpc5

Thank you. I'll fix it.
Activity: 33
I want to report a bug with the Repeat Buy order and Repeat Sell order, an option from the context menu in "My Open Orders".

As I understand the feature, it takes the selected order and copy pastes the BTC amount and sales price to the big BUY and SELL screens in the bottom left corner. The program seems to be picking up the wrong order. I wonder if it happened because I sorted "My Open Orders" by Price and/or by date and it threw the system off. I know this is not a very technical bug report but I uploaded some images to an imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/vxpc5

legendary
I experienced this very sort of thing on my first attempt to purchase BTC with USD, but in BTC-e.  Several times edited the rule (while disabled) after the first failure and re-enabled.  This resulted again in a beep-notify, rule status claimed done, no order opened, no transaction completed.

Amount was around $10, rule was for spend all @ Buy Price, triggered at Sell Price being lower than specified.  Had to log into BTC-e and place order manually.

Same issue, "spend all @ Last Price", rule is well triggered in "done status" but nothing happens. (on BTC-E)
The opposite rule "sell all @ Last price " works 100% fine.

Manual buying works fine.

Hi,

There is a bug in orders log, here is a sample line copied line (copy selected rows):
2013. 12. 23. 21:54:14 sold $17.0 $17.00000001

two issue:
  • the amount is missing (1 ltc)
  • i sold 1 ltc at 17$, the app say the total is $17.00000001
on btc-e webpage, the trade history is ok.

Elbandi

Thank you. I'll fix this soon.

Thank you all for bug reports and donations!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
+Pro Traders on LocalBitcoins.com
Excellent application you have created for trading!

I love the rules you can set. This is amazing.

If you ever decide to come out with a premium edition with more features please let us know!

I simply love this tool already. You can setup a rule so when bitcoins are sent to a certain address they are automatically converted to fiat just in case you are trading or making some purchase this way you can hedge against volatility. Very nice!

I'd love to see this being able to be used on Chromebook. I've tried setting up Ubuntu on my Chromebook but it's not really "true" and it's buggy at best. I'm going to have a dedicated laptop / machine running this application along with various other charts for our trading.
Activity: 525
Merit: 529
Hi,

There is a bug in orders log, here is a sample line copied line (copy selected rows):
2013. 12. 23. 21:54:14 sold $17.0 $17.00000001

two issue:
  • the amount is missing (1 ltc)
  • i sold 1 ltc at 17$, the app say the total is $17.00000001
on btc-e webpage, the trade history is ok.

Elbandi
Activity: 7
I experienced this very sort of thing on my first attempt to purchase BTC with USD, but in BTC-e.  Several times edited the rule (while disabled) after the first failure and re-enabled.  This resulted again in a beep-notify, rule status claimed done, no order opened, no transaction completed.

Amount was around $10, rule was for spend all @ Buy Price, triggered at Sell Price being lower than specified.  Had to log into BTC-e and place order manually.

Same issue, "spend all @ Last Price", rule is well triggered in "done status" but nothing happens. (on BTC-E)
The opposite rule "sell all @ Last price " works 100% fine.

Manual buying works fine.

Activity: 19
Hi!

Just want to say thanks for the great work!  

One issue though.  When I place a buy order through the client, the buy orders don't show and never go through.  I checked my API access and it should allow the client to purchase.  This is all through Bitstamp.  Everything else seems to work fine.  Any suggestions?

Activity: 450
Cant seem to check concurrent for the rules? I'd like to sell if at XX, and spend my funds to buy if at XX, I have both btc and usd, but it will only do one than the other?
You can't change modes when you have a rule active.

Disable all of your rules, then switch to concurrent, then re-enable them.
Pages:
Jump to: