Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 56. (Read 383297 times)

legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
I created a rule:
If market last price <890, spend all my funds (on BTC E)

However, it doesn't place any orders when triggered? It says 'done', but my USD still sits there. Nothing happens.
If I place a buy rule with a set BTC amount, it works fine. Is this bugged?

Am I missing something here? I placed a sell order earlier and it worked fine.

Just updated. Please use secure update. If any issue happens again, feel free to contact me.

Please add LTC/USD for BTC-E.

I would love for this to support LTC trading on supporting exchanges. Tongue

Qt Bitcoin Trader already supports all currencies of BTC-e, Mt.Gox, Bitstamp and BTC China.
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
I created a rule:
If market last price <890, spend all my funds (on BTC E)

However, it doesn't place any orders when triggered? It says 'done', but my USD still sits there. Nothing happens.
If I place a buy rule with a set BTC amount, it works fine. Is this bugged?

Am I missing something here? I placed a sell order earlier and it worked fine.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Please add LTC/USD for BTC-E.

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
I would love for this to support LTC trading on supporting exchanges. Tongue
legendary
Just released bugfix update.

Fixed critical bug when program crashes.
Fixed open orders table sorting.

Added delay (5 sec) between rule executed  enabled by default.
Be careful to create rules, think about all variants.
If you create rule group Buy->Sell->Enable all rules, and if market buy/sell prices will become equal your buy/sell prices (both) there can me generated very many transactions, so if you don't understand completely what you do, please leave delay between rule executed On.

Thanks all for testing, bug reports and donations!
legendary
I am using the latest BETA version and it is great, the only thing I really miss is that the "refresh" of the order book is sometimes not fast enough.
When there are big price swings on Bitstamp every second matters and when I am entering a new buy or sell through the QT trader it takes a good 6 or 7 seconds before it is placed. The prices I see in the Order book are also delayed with at least 5 to 7 seconds.

So I usually end up opening Bitcoinwisdom.com and following the buy/sell orders from there as it is real-time.

If IGHOR could create a "pro" version of this tool with real-time trading I am sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for it.
The current version can be left as the "lite" or "free" version.

Hi. Bitstamp API is very slow because of 600 requests per 10 min limitation.
And there about 7 different requests send one by one. But if you open order this request is sent first of all query, so order placed fast, but displayed on UI with delay.
I'm working on new version called Qt Open Trader and I'll bring real time updates for all exchanges.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
I am using the latest BETA version and it is great, the only thing I really miss is that the "refresh" of the order book is sometimes not fast enough.
When there are big price swings on Bitstamp every second matters and when I am entering a new buy or sell through the QT trader it takes a good 6 or 7 seconds before it is placed. The prices I see in the Order book are also delayed with at least 5 to 7 seconds.

So I usually end up opening Bitcoinwisdom.com and following the buy/sell orders from there as it is real-time.

If IGHOR could create a "pro" version of this tool with real-time trading I am sure a lot of people would be willing to pay for it.
The current version can be left as the "lite" or "free" version.
Activity: 450
Ok, well... I dunno about the 'newness' of the exchanges... MtGox has been around for, what... around 4 years now? It handles a massive amount of trade volume, and they have been dealing with bots (and other utilities that use their API) for a long time now.

BTCe as well. Right now they have 996 accounts logged in via their API (of course, not all of them are bots, but I would say a majority, if not most, of them are)

Trades through their APIs take less overhead than trades placed through the web front end.

The way the prices between both of these tend to stay reasonably close to each other (although, not as close as they used to, but that has more to do with the difficulties of moving funds between them than the bots), easily most of that is from bots doing arbitrage between the exchanges when the prices diverge enough to make it profitable.

This client, can't do any more than the exchanges allow us to via the APIs they have created.

There will be more ability to configure the trading client's behavior soon, which should help diversify the automated trading strategies we use, and while some of us, I'm sure, will be firing off a lot of small rapid trades as possible (inevitably), many of us won't be doing that.

If the exchange's APIs become a problem for them, they can tweak them as necessary, and the client will follow suit, if need be.

(some of the smaller exchanges may end up having problems with the volume on their APIs, but that is a problem with their implementation, not the client. Unless they're stupid, they will treat it as an opportunity to further optimize their APIs, which would be to their benefit in the long run.
Activity: 11
This project does sound very promising and i can forsee where it can be valuable...

Next, please pardon me and the fact that i haven't read all the posts in this thread, so i don't know if this has been discussed, but one possible problem i see is from the exchanges - mtgox, etc. Isn't it remotely possible that they could notice some 'unusual activity' going on in their system from the client side of things. e.g. noticing an 'unusually' high number of buy/sell trades coming from one account/IP address/etc, and/or perhaps an unusually tight or small buy/sell price margins. eg, buy = $100; sell = $101... more so if there are lots of these in a short space of time. Could these be red flag to exchanges?

More so given the newness of these exchanges and the issues people report about some of them. eg coinbase and their "high risk" transactions that people here say coibase talks about?
Activity: 19
Multi-currency monitoring and also multi-exchange monitoring will be added to Qt Open Trader.
If you want to start many program instances to use multi currencies monitoring with same exchange, make sure you use dedicated API keys for each instance.

Understood and appreciated! I probably would've made that mistake, and caused a bit of a catastrophe for myself...lol

This last few weeks have been quite the learning process for me!!
legendary
I think I'll add Cryptsy and Bitfines in v1.07.96
This features you tell is planted to Qt Open Trader
And currently multi exchange and multi currencies monitoring is not supported.

You say multi-exchange is not supported, and I can see what you mean with that.

I do not currently need or have accounts with more than 1 of the supported exchanges to test this, but it seems to allow for running multiple instances of itself, at least on Linux..  Is that not the case?  I can run one and log into BTC-e, then run again, and the login screen pops up.

As for multi-currency monitoring, will this be supported in the future?  I'd never have thought about it before using the script that I do, honestly, but it might be nice to have the ability to check if another path to same resulting investment (via another currency trade) would result in better ROI.  Not a necessity, by any means, but of potential value...

Multi-currency monitoring and also multi-exchange monitoring will be added to Qt Open Trader.
If you want to start many program instances to use multi currencies monitoring with same exchange, make sure you use dedicated API keys for each instance.

You say multi-exchange is not supported, and I can see what you mean with that.

I do not currently need or have accounts with more than 1 of the supported exchanges to test this, but it seems to allow for running multiple instances of itself, at least on Linux..  Is that not the case?  I can run one and log into BTC-e, then run again, and the login screen pops up.

As for multi-currency monitoring, will this be supported in the future?  I'd never have thought about it before using the script that I do, honestly, but it might be nice to have the ability to check if another path to same resulting investment (via another currency trade) would result in better ROI.  Not a necessity, by any means, but of potential value...
legendary
IGHOR:

Thanx so much for the update!

Is there a chance of adding support for Cryptsy, and again, CEX.io?  It'd be so much easier to use this than their non-optimal sites...

As well, if / when CEX is supported, there are already 3rd party scripts that handle such things as auto-reinvestment, so some of the rule suggestions I'd have would quite closely follow what's being done there...

Here's the one that I'm currently using, in particular:  https://github.com/Eloque/CexControl

It is quite effective.  Even goes so far as to determine, on each run, whether you'll get more bang for the buck: 1. Trading NMC for BTC then BTC for GHS, 2. Trading BTC for NMC then NMC for GHS, or 3. Trading either NMC or BTC directly for GHS.  It then, of course, places orders accordingly.

If either/or is not intended to be supported officially, any hints on how I might hack up support on my own?  I'm no programmer, but I'm willing to make the attempt...

legendary
Commands for Debian, Ubuntu etc..
Code:
qmake-qt4 QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro
make
sudo make install

on Ubuntu 13.10:
Code:
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -w -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/QtMultimediaKit -I. -I/usr/src/3rdparty/zlib -I/usr/include/QtMobility -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/QtMobility -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.moc -I.ui -o .obj/feecalculator.o feecalculator.cpp
feecalculator.cpp: In constructor ‘FeeCalculator::FeeCalculator()’:
feecalculator.cpp:42:5: error: ‘class Ui::FeeCalculator’ has no member named ‘singleInstance’
  ui.singleInstance->setChecked(mainWindow.feeCalculatorSingleInstance);
     ^
make: *** [.obj/feecalculator.o] Fehler 1

Try remove project and download it from Github again.
Maybe some old files left.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Commands for Debian, Ubuntu etc..
Code:
qmake-qt4 QtBitcoinTrader_Mobility.pro
make
sudo make install

on Ubuntu 13.10:
Code:
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -w -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/QtMultimediaKit -I. -I/usr/src/3rdparty/zlib -I/usr/include/QtMobility -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/QtMobility -I/usr/X11R6/include -I.moc -I.ui -o .obj/feecalculator.o feecalculator.cpp
feecalculator.cpp: In constructor ‘FeeCalculator::FeeCalculator()’:
feecalculator.cpp:42:5: error: ‘class Ui::FeeCalculator’ has no member named ‘singleInstance’
  ui.singleInstance->setChecked(mainWindow.feeCalculatorSingleInstance);
     ^
make: *** [.obj/feecalculator.o] Fehler 1
I use Visual Studio for compiling instead of mingw Qt Creator.
You can remove WinResource.rc from QtBitcoinTrader_Desktop.pro
So I have not tested it on Windows using Qt Creator.
yeah, I use vs2005 express on the other computer, but it is still running win2k. figured I'd set up this computer as closely as the dev's environment was when he's making this.

I _thought_ it would simplify things Tongue

I'll give your suggestion a try when I get up tonight. o/
IGHOR:

Thanx so much for the update!

Is there a chance of adding support for Cryptsy, and again, CEX.io?  It'd be so much easier to use this than their non-optimal sites...

As well, if / when CEX is supported, there are already 3rd party scripts that handle such things as auto-reinvestment, so some of the rule suggestions I'd have would quite closely follow what's being done there...

Here's the one that I'm currently using, in particular:  https://github.com/Eloque/CexControl

It is quite effective.  Even goes so far as to determine, on each run, whether you'll get more bang for the buck: 1. Trading NMC for BTC then BTC for GHS, 2. Trading BTC for NMC then NMC for GHS, or 3. Trading either NMC or BTC directly for GHS.  It then, of course, places orders accordingly.

If either/or is not intended to be supported officially, any hints on how I might hack up support on my own?  I'm no programmer, but I'm willing to make the attempt...
legendary
Still at a loss why I'm getting:

windres -i ..\src\WinResource.rc -o release\WinResource_res.o --include-dir=./../src -DUNICODE -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
windres: ..\\src\\WinResource.rc:32: syntax error

I've never had to deal with the compilers themselves before, every project I've been a part of already had all of that set up.

At this point, I'm just trying to compile the trader client as is, without any edits, so I know I have everything set up properly.

Anyone else already compiling this on Win7?

I use Visual Studio for compiling instead of mingw Qt Creator.
You can remove WinResource.rc from QtBitcoinTrader_Desktop.pro
So I have not tested it on Windows using Qt Creator.
Still at a loss why I'm getting:

windres -i ..\src\WinResource.rc -o release\WinResource_res.o --include-dir=./../src -DUNICODE -DQT_DLL -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_HAVE_MMX -DQT_HAVE_3DNOW -DQT_HAVE_SSE -DQT_HAVE_MMXEXT -DQT_HAVE_SSE2 -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_NEEDS_QMAIN
windres: ..\\src\\WinResource.rc:32: syntax error

I've never had to deal with the compilers themselves before, every project I've been a part of already had all of that set up.

At this point, I'm just trying to compile the trader client as is, without any edits, so I know I have everything set up properly.

Anyone else already compiling this on Win7?
legendary
Im getting constant crashes and closing on Windows 8 with this new version. Anyone else? Im using Bitstamp. Also, when placing a buy order at "All In" it never places and never shows a message why. But if I lower the price by one click, it posts. LOVE this app tho!!! Thanks so much!!!

Try to remove %localappdata%\QtBitcoinTrader folder and re-create API keys.
I'm using Windows 8.1 and no crashes.
If this will not solved, please contact me via email or PM and we will debug it.
Pages:
Jump to: