Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: [ANN] Applecoin - Now on BTC38.com, Surpasses 5 Million Market Cap. - page 8. (Read 49868 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Cheif Oompa Loompa.
China treats investments differently, they and their society thinks in long term. Spending money now and waiting 5, 10 or 20 years for the coins values to skyrocket seems to be their method. IE they dont think like Americans where it must be instant gratification. They haven't had that luxury.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
1k APC = $286

Exactly! What in the actual fuck!? Its price seems completely unjustified and has since its release and yet it just keeps increasing in value...

Do the Chinese just look at a coin and go "oh look theres lots generated early on and much fewer generated later, this automatically means that it will sky rocket in price as reward drops dramatically, better buy all of it" and then they just make it a self-fulfilling prophecy? If that's the case can't fathom the stupidity that must make up the conversation on the Chinese boards...

Stop moaning get mining i guess, same for QRK same for all these rocketing currencies, sitting there moaning is not going to help. Their market likes applecoin i guess that is all there is to know. I've given up wondering, i mean DOGE is worth a fortune now. Let's hope that makes and exchange soon. I have stopped worrying why things are going up and trying to get my hands on some before it is way out of our price range.

Lol, I'm not moaning by any means. I mined hundreds of thousands of QRK and sold them all for plenty of profit, same with APC. I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind these market decisions. I'm mining happily away, getting my APC and selling it.

I guess I should just give up trying to predict where coins are going based on the merits of the coin itself and start trying to predict what the ignorant masses of irrational Chinese money-wasters will decide to pump next.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
1k APC = $286

Exactly! What in the actual fuck!? Its price seems completely unjustified and has since its release and yet it just keeps increasing in value...

Do the Chinese just look at a coin and go "oh look theres lots generated early on and much fewer generated later, this automatically means that it will sky rocket in price as reward drops dramatically, better buy all of it" and then they just make it a self-fulfilling prophecy? If that's the case can't fathom the stupidity that must make up the conversation on the Chinese boards...

Stop moaning get mining i guess, same for QRK same for all these rocketing currencies, sitting there moaning is not going to help. Their market likes applecoin i guess that is all there is to know. I've given up wondering, i mean DOGE is worth a fortune now. Let's hope that makes and exchange soon. I have stopped worrying why things are going up and trying to get my hands on some before it is way out of our price range.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Sold many of my APC's earlier, for also a good price in my opinion. But those prices are insane. How do you know that value? Do you trade it on BTC38? I don't see an option to trade it for LTC or something over there.
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
1k APC = $286

It's like they have no concept of the future. Obviously 95% of altcoins do not have a place in the market in terms of becoming a useable currency, so to me at least, it seems only logical to invest in the coins that have intrinsic value or factors unique to them that will give them staying power. Apparently the Chinese just throw their money at any and every new currency they can despite the fact that it probably won't even exist a short time from now.

I'm astounded every day by the amount of idiots that are involved in Cryptos, it seems like you'd have to have a halfway functioning brain to even get into cryptos in the first place, but apparently this isn't the case...
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
This reminds me a lot of YBcoin, a Yacoin clone just like Applecoin that was immensely popular in China from the very beginning, leading to insane prices. Same story here it seems.

It still doesn't make any semblance of sense though... WHY is it popular in China? Obviously here on the English boards, most users are only interested in coins that bring something new to the table. Are the Chinese just stupid? I mean really, it just seems like the most basic of logic here... If something is just a copy of something else that already exists that no one cares about, why would the copy be so popular and worth so much?

I can't think of any reason why they would throw money at something that's just a clone of a clone of a clone with no services surrounding it...

But again, I'm not complaining and I'll keep mining this coin and selling it as long as it remains profitable, but I just can't wrap my head around its unwarranted price and popularity...
Activity: 812
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
This reminds me a lot of YBcoin, a Yacoin clone just like Applecoin that was immensely popular in China from the very beginning, leading to insane prices. Same story here it seems.

edit: New page.
1000 Applecoin = 286$  Shocked
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
Yeah I see that it has a lot of interest from China and it has since the beginning pretty much. I mined a metric fuckload of APC during the start and sold them off very easily for what I thought was a hilariously over-valued price, but now I'm kicking myself for having not held onto them, I'd be rolling in BTC right now.

I just didn't see anything special about it at all, so I mined until like the second N-factor change and stopped assuming that the coin would just die since it has no redeeming qualities. And yet for some reason the Chinese are going apeshit over it. I really just don't get it.  Huh

What's even more irritating is that the N-factor calculation rate isn't even publicly posted anywhere, so we have no idea when the next GPU efficiency decreases will be, just when the block reward decreases will be. Additionally, the listed block rewards don't even hold true, as I solo mined several blocks with <100 APC reward during the first 10,000 blocks, which should not even be possible. The documentation for this coin is lacking as well as incorrect in places. It's irritating to me that random coins like this one get so much attention and price pumping for no reason while coins that actually have innovative qualities are shunted to the side.

They are fixed now, thanks for letting me know. The original specs which were slightly different where changed in a later build.

You're welcome, but WOW that is a MAJOR change. Going from 100 min reward to 2 is a massive difference and is absolutely something that we miners should have known about the second it was decided to be changed. Also, details on the N-factor calculation would be much appreciated.

I'm still mining this coin since people still seem to want it so bad, but these kinds of small nit-picky issues are more than enough to make or break newer altcoins, so I figure since this one is doing relatively well on its own we may as well see where it goes, given a bit better information and support.

Also, moar pools and some services would definitely be of great help to the coin, I'm astonished it's been around as long as it has without having at LEAST one kind of gambling site that accepts it.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Yeah I see that it has a lot of interest from China and it has since the beginning pretty much. I mined a metric fuckload of APC during the start and sold them off very easily for what I thought was a hilariously over-valued price, but now I'm kicking myself for having not held onto them, I'd be rolling in BTC right now.

I just didn't see anything special about it at all, so I mined until like the second N-factor change and stopped assuming that the coin would just die since it has no redeeming qualities. And yet for some reason the Chinese are going apeshit over it. I really just don't get it.  Huh

What's even more irritating is that the N-factor calculation rate isn't even publicly posted anywhere, so we have no idea when the next GPU efficiency decreases will be, just when the block reward decreases will be. Additionally, the listed block rewards don't even hold true, as I solo mined several blocks with <100 APC reward during the first 10,000 blocks, which should not even be possible. The documentation for this coin is lacking as well as incorrect in places. It's irritating to me that random coins like this one get so much attention and price pumping for no reason while coins that actually have innovative qualities are shunted to the side.

They are fixed now, thanks for letting me know. The original specs which were slightly different where changed in a later build.
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!

Holy shit look at that Applecoin price @ btc-38!  Shocked
http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=apc

Exactly my point, why is this price at all justified? There's nothing even remotely innovative in this coin.

So I'm asking this with genuine curiosity and not just to be an ass; why in the hell is this coin worth as much as it is? I don't see anything unique, innovative, or new about it whatsoever. It's just another scrypt-jane N-factor coin with semi-random rewards. Everyone has been paying absurdly high amounts of BTC for this coin since the day it was released, and I cannot see why for the life of me. There's 0 services available for it, yet for some reason people are just dying to pay hundreds of dollars for a single day's worth of mined coins. What gives?

Again, not trying to be a dick about it I just really can't see any sort of justification for its pricing.
APC seems to be really popular in china, look at the amount of chinese users @ applecoin.org, the chinese forum section is larger than all other boards. Two chinese exchanges first adopted Applecoin, so yeah, I'd like to know why APC is so popular in China too. Good marketing? That said, the coin was and is fun to mine.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
How much of a bribe did you pay to have this shit listed?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
the name i guess people think will get some media hype, but not a bad coin anyway.
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
Holy shit look at that Applecoin price @ btc-38!  Shocked
http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=apc

Exactly my point, why is this price at all justified? There's nothing even remotely innovative in this coin.
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
Also, holy fucking god the pools are so unstable right now it's almost impossible to mine. They're just taking turns crashing back and forth.
TECHNOLOGY, BABY!
So I'm asking this with genuine curiosity and not just to be an ass; why in the hell is this coin worth as much as it is? I don't see anything unique, innovative, or new about it whatsoever. It's just another scrypt-jane N-factor coin with semi-random rewards. Everyone has been paying absurdly high amounts of BTC for this coin since the day it was released, and I cannot see why for the life of me. There's 0 services available for it, yet for some reason people are just dying to pay hundreds of dollars for a single day's worth of mined coins. What gives?

Again, not trying to be a dick about it I just really can't see any sort of justification for its pricing.
New server has at least 4 x times the power.

If your having trouble with accessing the site, use these IP's 209.188.21.78 and 209.188.21.79
Activity: 462
Applecoin.org is under upgrade to a funky new super powerful server. Please be patient.

that is nice! Any E.t.a?
Applecoin.org is under upgrade to a funky new super powerful server. Please be patient.
Pages:
Jump to: