Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: [ANN] Applecoin - Now on BTC38.com, Surpasses 5 Million Market Cap. - page 9. (Read 49868 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hi, I'm Marty.
Anyone interested in my measly 246 coin?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Now block #20,000 has been reached, this coin looks doomed.. The difficulty has decreased to a 4.7 currently, but that damn "n-factor" is screwing this up. Is that factor also going to change? I can only mine with a 350 Kh/s, which was about 5000 kh/s at the begin of this coin ánd the rewards are much lower now.. 

That is meant to happen, it is a cpu coin that crushes out gpu usage.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Now block #20,000 has been reached, this coin looks doomed.. The difficulty has decreased to a 4.7 currently, but that damn "n-factor" is screwing this up. Is that factor also going to change? I can only mine with a 350 Kh/s, which was about 5000 kh/s at the begin of this coin ánd the rewards are much lower now.. 
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
still profitable to mine right now at current dif and price?  Any calculators for this one around?

No calculators, but you still can calculate with roughly 1k APC per day per Mhash (Varies a bit due to the random block rewards).
Price is between 0.6 and 1 LTC per 1k
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
still profitable to mine right now at current dif and price?  Any calculators for this one around?
Activity: 70
@ Dayguyian;

I hit the 5 Mh/s before, but now only about 1 Mh/s (or 1.1). It think it has to do something with that 'N-factor', unfortunatelly. It were lucrative times for me Smiley

Gotcha... I was starting to assume that's what it was after researching a bit more. First time mining a scrypt-jane coin, so I didn't quite understand how it worked at first.

It's interesting and compelling to be honest.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
@ Dayguyian;

I hit the 5 Mh/s before, but now only about 1 Mh/s (or 1.1). It think it has to do something with that 'N-factor', unfortunatelly. It were lucrative times for me Smiley

Gotcha... I was starting to assume that's what it was after researching a bit more. First time mining a scrypt-jane coin, so I didn't quite understand how it worked at first.
Activity: 60
I think that for current reward table and difficulty retarget algoritm the n-factor increace is unnecessary.
Increase of n-factor lead only to extra heat from GPU-memory and dropped stability of GPU-mining.
The dropped hash speed not affect the miner's reward, as blocks are solved in equal time intervals.
And if your hash speed was 5 Mh/s and now it's 0.7 Mh/s, your reward will be the same, as all miners got the same speed drop.

Only thing that it serves is resistance to create of ASIC for that hash algorithm.
legendary
@ Dayguyian;

Activity: 840
Merit: 251
I'm only getting about 730 KH/s with my Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X w/boost. Here's my settings:

--scrypt --Nfmin 4 --Nfmax 30 --StartT 1384720832 -I 17 --worksize 128 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --thread-concurrency 12288 -g 2 -Q 0 -s 1 -E 5 --auto-fan --temp-target 73

I've messed around with the settings a bit... raising the intensity really doesn't do much for me, also tried worksize 256, -g 1, and thread-concurrency 24000, pretty much the same results though. What are you guys doing different to get up to 5 MH/s on a 7950? Other info:

MSI Afterburner 3.0
Voltage set to 1.18, forcing constant voltage
Driver version 9.14.10.0984, catalyst 13.9
Regular scrypt mining average rate: 640 KH/s w/same settings except intensity @ 19
Less than 500 blocks left for reward halving to come!

good buy support in the forums and first services offered
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
APC forum is not working for now!
Activity: 60
BTC-8 is not available here yet. Do you have the same? I used it before to trade some APC for LTC, and it worked fine for me (with the translation feature of Chrome ^^)
try btc-8.com (without www.)

works now without https, just http
BTC-8 is not available here yet. Do you have the same? I used it before to trade some APC for LTC, and it worked fine for me (with the translation feature of Chrome ^^)

For me it is slow but works.. though I do not trade there..
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: