Pages:
Author

Topic: Reading Whitepapers - page 41. (Read 23744 times)

Activity: 102
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 05:11:33 AM
I'm lazy to read whitepapers before because i think what matters to me is the team behind the project but that change when i started reading some whitepaper on my recent investment. Many whitepaper today is too good to be true but i think reading whitepaper gives us additional information about their icos. If i always read before investing i think i can minimize the risk of investing in a bad project.
Activity: 107
March 07, 2018, 05:07:15 AM
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
If you need website, just ask for info..
March 07, 2018, 05:05:06 AM
I agree , that is reading whitepapers  necessarily , but in reality  , most of whitepapers are trash where people just write  what think potential investor want to read . Because of that i take all WP with dose of possibility that all is one big lie  
Activity: 12
March 07, 2018, 05:03:23 AM
if this was real money would you give your money to a stranger or invests in something that you don't know anything about?
investing in ICO or alt coins is similar so read the entire whitepaper until you understand the company and product inside out and if you don't
know contact the company and asks questions because if its not a scam they will take the time to answer your questions.
Also, research things online if you don't fully understand expects of the business, industry, product, or market.

Best Wishes
Activity: 868
Merit: 506
March 07, 2018, 05:00:23 AM
As for people new to crypto, I suggest them to read the basics like decentralized currencies. Maybe read about bitcoin and by the time they are curious on some coins they can read their white papers to understand more. 
Activity: 715
Merit: 102
March 07, 2018, 04:54:01 AM
if we just follow bounty maybe read whitepapers, it does not really matter, unless you are one of the potential investors in a project, the studying a whitepapers is very important
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
March 07, 2018, 04:52:41 AM
I think that many projects write some very strange information in white paper today, because nobody simply reads it, of course it may be that someone will read this white paper and he will have even more questions if he has not already read generally
Activity: 602
Merit: 265
March 07, 2018, 04:40:37 AM
Reading whitepapers can be very tiresome most times, especially given the fact there are loads out there. So I will suggest that you focus on the abstract/executive summary (if it has one, a good/serious whitepaper should). If you find something interesting then you can now delve deeper. Pick sections from the table of contents that interest you, and see if you'd like to invest in it. With the teach part, if you don't understand it, you can always ask for help/clarity on the community channels.
Activity: 272
Merit: 1
"simply getting the job done"
March 07, 2018, 04:39:59 AM
Whitepaper is just too important to be read before anyone should throw in the towel of participation in any ICO no matter how promising it may be or the hype that may surrounds it. I just can't understand why some people have to start complaining before or after the end of an ico. For me I think if the whitepaper is being read and understood, then nobody should have any problem adjusting to even some slight changes that may comes in as the ICO proceeds.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
March 07, 2018, 04:36:53 AM
We know that one write what one want il a whitepaper...reading is good...but believing it is an other story.

For me reading the whitepaper is a must to know more about a project and if it is good and sellable. There you will have a quick look of the concept and design of the project that you will go into. Before you dive in you must have a little knowledge and you from there you will have an idea and it is your choice wither to invest or not. Most specially you need to know the people behind an ICO if they are legitimate and trustworthy. So, do not ignore the whitepaper because your money is at stake.
Activity: 28
March 07, 2018, 04:31:34 AM
I can agree with pretty much everyone in here that reading whitepapers is a must. A couple i read recently that interested me for different reasons were $TAY and NEX
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 07, 2018, 04:28:20 AM
We know that one writes what one wants in a whitepaper...reading is good...but believing it is an other story.
Activity: 224
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
March 07, 2018, 04:22:57 AM
White Paper is a must read for an investor or be ready to lose your funds.  No investor should ignore a project's white paper as its the first source of information. My device is filled with white papers that I am even thinking of deleting some.

Not only for Investors, me as a bounty workers always read whitepaper when doing articles task.
Like OP said, reading whitepaper can give us great idea and new concept about cryptosphere.
Activity: 210
March 07, 2018, 04:18:28 AM
The white paper is very important because you will know everything about the project there, but I'm sure not all of the participants are involved in the bounty and reading the white paper.

That's why some of us continue to be victims of fraud because they're too lazy to read.

We must read all the items we want to join in order to avoid deception.
Activity: 128
March 07, 2018, 04:11:36 AM
reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!

Reading white paper is very important because all information you want to gather in one ICO is in there. Also white paper can tell whether the structure of ICO is strong and the vision and road map are realistic and achievable.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
March 07, 2018, 04:07:44 AM
it's a good idea to read the whitepaper and find out what the most is the coin for the most. If there is potentially a real and realistic world or another shitcoin, only the mission is to raise a lot of money and suddenly disappear
Activity: 364
Alfa-Enzo:Introducing the First Global Smartmarket
March 07, 2018, 04:04:22 AM
reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?

You got it, that I am certainly sure that many people read the whitepapers for them to know what are the inputs about it and to know what are the happenings. Probably some did not know yet where to find informations. As of now whitepapers is a great source of data of the blockchains usage and the crypto's world too.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
March 07, 2018, 04:00:20 AM
Reading a white paper today is a very rare occupation, because many people just do not read it, I made this conclusion, it seems to me that they just do not want to spend their time on it. Although of course this is their own business. It seems to me that this is a very productive occupation.
Activity: 140
March 07, 2018, 03:55:04 AM

I am pretty sure that not many people read whitepapers. But those who do - they develop.
I usually skip all technological side cause I am not a tech guy, and concenrate on general idea, global vision (what project is going to achieve, which problem to solve), team, advisors and hardcap (plus % allocation to the crowdsale).
I see that today people used to follow influencers and have very little personal understading and expectations. Currently market ignores some great projects because nobody from influencers speak about them - everubody is looking for new ICO with X2-4 forgetting that there are old great projects that are ready to explode.

Unfortunately, I agree. Not very many people read the whitepaper because to them its just useless knowledge, or they treat it as "too" technical to read that, even if they did, they would not understand what's in it. However, I would always say that it's important to read the whitepaper because it's where the important information is about the project or coin you are investing in. If you are a really vigilant cryptocurrency user, then you would spend the time and effort to understand and learn what's in the whitepaper because it could help you determine if that project is for you or not. What's worse is that those people who didn't even bother to check the whitepaper always complain of joining failing or scam projects, when they brought it upon themselves.
Activity: 129
Merit: 12
March 07, 2018, 03:48:57 AM
I think reading whitepapers is mandatory when you want to invest in any project. Good detailed whitepaper - most important for every ICO investor.
Well, if you are really interested in a project and want to invest it, reading a white paper is necessary because it contains a lot of important information such as project team, funding and technical support, road map.
Pages:
Jump to: