Pages:
Author

Topic: Reading Whitepapers - page 47. (Read 23744 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 03:30:05 PM
Reading whitepaper is a good way to find reason why you should invest to a coin,doing research before investing is the only way to eliminate these shitcoins in the market,you will have good chance of good returns when you have chosen the best investments that you have,it will maximize your investments to its full potentials and never trust anyone's recommendation so you wont regret at the end.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
February 26, 2018, 03:24:50 PM
Study the whitepaper, background check the team, look at the potential, consider the price per token/coin. These are things I do before investing in a project. A lot of coins have zero potential, they are creating a coin/token with the most stupid idea that will never ever have real world usage. It is important to know the differences between a good idea and a great idea.

White papers are just one of the many things that need to be checked. Let's not forget critical questions about the project. Information missing in the whitepaper maybe acquired by just asking the developers.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 03:20:20 PM
I usually take IOTA's white paper and DecentBet's white paper as a standard to evaluate the elements of other white papers:
For IOTA: https://iota.org/IOTA_Whitepaper.pdf
For DecentBet: https://www.decent.bet/whitepaper/
Activity: 91
February 26, 2018, 03:01:02 PM
Some people find reading whitepaper tedious and overwhelming but if we’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for us to explore.
After reading over a few of them we’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
February 26, 2018, 03:17:32 PM
Some people find reading whitepaper tedious and overwhelming but if we’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for us to explore.
After reading over a few of them we’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.

Honestly, I do not often read whitepapers, but I think if I participate in bounty, sometimes this can not be done. Now if you're going to invest a lot of money, then it already becomes a necessity.
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
February 26, 2018, 01:46:22 PM
reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!
I don't think that reading whitepapers is the best source of information to learn about blockchain technology.
When you invest in token, you need to read whitepapers, obviously, and as a side effect, it can increase your understanding if you google every unfamiliar terms. But whitepaters aren't real scientific papers. Some of them look like it, but for those familiar with science there is often a lot of useless stuff in them, groundless claims, and often lacking important stuff, but you might not notice it. They're good for learning about about a particular project, but not the technologies.

It's better to aim for the scientific papers. This is a source of knowlege that haven't been (or never will be) printed in books yet, let alone any blogs, forums, whitepapers, seminars.
Alredy mentioned classic Satoshi work is a good start:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
More bitcoin research here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Research
And sometimes you can find something interesting relating to blockchain in such libraries as:
https://arxiv.org/

It's important to learn how to read these papers efficiently. First of all, accept as a fact that you can't read them all. Proper science papers designed by the strict rules, exactly to make reading as efficient as possible.
First you read the title. If it sound interesting, continue.
Read the abstract. If you interested in these things, continue (there's no "additional gems", if there's nothing for you in abstract).
Then you read the conclusion. To see if there's valuable results (they could be negative but still interesting to go furher to see why). And if you still interested, then read the paper.
If you liked it and it's not too old, don't skip the references section, you can often find very interesting papers there.

It's good to know how real science papers are written and get used to it. When reading the whitepapers and comparing them between projects, it'll be more clear what are strong and weak points of the project. It can be an additional metric when looking at ICO: is their whitepaper looks more like science paper or like advertising booklet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 22
February 26, 2018, 01:28:34 PM
Don’t be afraid to look up words you don’t know, and don’t be afraid to learn something new.
Sure it can be tedious and overwhelming but if you’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for you to explore.
After you’ve read over a few of them you’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.
You’ll notice things like:

What kind of info they are leaving out
If their project has legitimate use cases
The type of philosophies that are behind the project.
Slowly but surely you’ll begin honing your skills and developing more confidence in your knowledge of this space.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 01:28:00 PM
Reading white paper today is a rarity. To be honest, I do not read it myself often. I read only general information about the project and a little technical documentation and that's it. Of course you need to read it completely, but then there will not be enough time.
Activity: 116
IPSX: Distributed Network Layer
February 26, 2018, 01:26:04 PM
Sure I've read lots of good whitepapers that really help you to figure out how the certain technology works. For example whitepaper of MyWish helped me to understand smart contracts better.
Activity: 378
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
February 26, 2018, 12:08:24 PM
The first thing I do when I get acquainted with a new project is study WhitePaper. Only there you can find all the necessary information about the project, including the Idea, Team, Prototype, Token Sale and much more.
Reading materials is very useful for those who want to achieve, I always look for the useful material of experienced people to leave, where they write and share with me the experience to get rich, the New ideas and the most effective ways to invest, I like to read the books of successful people say their success.
Activity: 679
Merit: 102
February 26, 2018, 11:55:38 AM
Whitepaper is the right thing to know if the project has a potential or not, but sometimes the whitepaper they provide is just a trap so you need to have a background check on that project to be sure that project is legit and not just a copy pasting from others and remember there is a lot of ICO was scam so beware on it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 26, 2018, 11:37:19 AM
Yap Whitepaper have a lot of option to know about Cryptocurrency. You can discover, read and invest throw knowing information here.
whitepapper is currently a major thing in the project we can understand and read a project from whitepapper. currently in whitepapper all the concept projects can be seen and understood so whitepapper is very important for potential investors.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
February 26, 2018, 11:37:12 AM
reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!

If someone will scam you,the first thing he does is showing you an informative whitepaper...and if you read it,you will fall is hes trap.
Activity: 68
February 26, 2018, 11:34:35 AM
Yap Whitepaper have a lot of option to know about Cryptocurrency. You can discover, read and invest throw knowing information here.
Activity: 322
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
February 26, 2018, 10:51:59 AM
It is necessary to read these documents, especially if you invest in a project, but usually there is too much excess and too lazy to read everything, also usually lags multilanguage
Activity: 21
February 26, 2018, 10:48:44 AM
Today I read quite a few whitepapers. Not the whole thing, but rather the focus of the coin. It was not fun because my mind wasn't into it. I did read the deeponion white paper, but this was like a month ago. It was pretty good, so I bought some of that coin. Today I read Decentralized ID, and Napolean, but they didn't capture me.

Another thing that I must do is keep a list of the whitepapers that I read but was not interested in, because I'm pretty most of the whitepapers that I checking out at the moment I already checked a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to keep track, so many ICOs.

which white paper got you into investing in the company?
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
February 26, 2018, 12:09:38 AM
perhaps most investors feel no need to read whitepaper because it is just a waste of time.
but for me reading whitepaper is very important especially when we want to invest in a project to make sure we invest in the right project.
Activity: 197
February 25, 2018, 11:41:23 PM
I read WP at first and then I ask some questions on Telegram.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
February 25, 2018, 11:41:03 PM
Today I read quite a few whitepapers. Not the whole thing, but rather the focus of the coin. It was not fun because my mind wasn't into it. I did read the deeponion white paper, but this was like a month ago. It was pretty good, so I bought some of that coin. Today I read Decentralized ID, and Napolean, but they didn't capture me.

Another thing that I must do is keep a list of the whitepapers that I read but was not interested in, because I'm pretty most of the whitepapers that I checking out at the moment I already checked a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to keep track, so many ICOs.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 253
February 25, 2018, 11:24:46 PM
Everything you need to know about the ICO's and their projects are in their corresponding whitepaper, but most of the time you just need to do extra researching like the ones who are involved or what is really their aim in your perspective. I've read a lot of different white papers and most of them are too good to be true.
Pages:
Jump to: