Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 117. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

VATICAN SPEAKER ON CLIMATE THINKS THERE ARE 6 BILLION TOO MANY OF US

One of the speakers slated for the Vatican rollout of the long-awaited Papal document on climate change once said the earth is overpopulated by at least 6 billion people.

The teaching document, called an encyclical, is scheduled for release on June 18 at Vatican City. Perhaps with the exception of the 1968 encyclical on contraception, no Vatican document has been greeted with such anticipation.

The political left is hoping for a document that ties belief in global warming to a religious obligation. Climate skeptics have already started criticizing the document.

The choice of Professor John Schnellnhuber, founding director of the Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, as one of three presenters may be giving the left added hope and giving giving skeptics severe heartburn. He has been described as one of the more aggressive scientists on the question of man-made global warming.

In a talk given to what’s described as the “failed” 2009 Copenhagen climate conference, reported in the New York Times, Schnellnhuber, who has advised German President Angela Merkel and is a visiting professor at Oxford, said of global warming: “In a very cynical way, it’s a triumph for science because at last we have stabilized something –- namely the estimates for the carrying capacity of the planet, namely below 1 billion people.”

Schnellnhuber is also author of what’s called the “two-degree target” that says governments must not allow the temperature to rise more than 2 degrees higher than at the start of the industrial revolution. Any higher, the theory holds, and much life on earth would either perish or be gravely harmed.

To deal with climate issues, he has also called for an “Earth Constitution that would transcend the UN Charter” along with the creation of a “Global Council…elected by all the people on Earth” and a “Planetary Court..a transnational legal body open to appeals from everybody, especially with respect to violations of the Earth Constitution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/12/vatican-speaker-on-climate-thinks-there-are-6-billion-too-many-of-us/

Without the mask on:

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

One of the speakers slated for the Vatican rollout of the long-awaited Papal document on climate change once said the earth is overpopulated by at least 6 billion people.

I'm not liking the idea of this dude's idea of Heaven...

confirmed >> last pope / possible antichrist
Wait, which of the dudes in the picture is the popester?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

confirmed >> last pope / possible antichrist
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

The teaching document, called an encyclical, is scheduled for release on June 18 at Vatican City. Perhaps with the exception of the 1968 encyclical on contraception, no Vatican document has been greeted with such anticipation.

The political left is hoping for a document that ties belief in global warming to a religious obligation. Climate skeptics have already started criticizing the document.

The choice of Professor John Schnellnhuber, founding director of the Postdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, as one of three presenters may be giving the left added hope and giving giving skeptics severe heartburn. He has been described as one of the more aggressive scientists on the question of man-made global warming.

In a talk given to what’s described as the “failed” 2009 Copenhagen climate conference, reported in the New York Times, Schnellnhuber, who has advised German President Angela Merkel and is a visiting professor at Oxford, said of global warming: “In a very cynical way, it’s a triumph for science because at last we have stabilized something –- namely the estimates for the carrying capacity of the planet, namely below 1 billion people.”

Schnellnhuber is also author of what’s called the “two-degree target” that says governments must not allow the temperature to rise more than 2 degrees higher than at the start of the industrial revolution. Any higher, the theory holds, and much life on earth would either perish or be gravely harmed.

To deal with climate issues, he has also called for an “Earth Constitution that would transcend the UN Charter” along with the creation of a “Global Council…elected by all the people on Earth” and a “Planetary Court..a transnational legal body open to appeals from everybody, especially with respect to violations of the Earth Constitution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/12/vatican-speaker-on-climate-thinks-there-are-6-billion-too-many-of-us/

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self

So banning should re enforced for the non believers then. Get it. Should we ban all of those who not only do not believe in bitcoin or all of those creating altcoins on bitcointalk?

Exactly. Haters gonna hate.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
BBC ENVIRONMENT EDITOR LETS THE GREEN CAT OUT OF THE BAG

Roger Harrabin is the BBC’s in-house green activist-in-chief. He gets very upset when you mention this (journalists at the Beeb being obliged to be strictly impartial) – despite the fact that he has form a mile long – but just occasionally he can’t help giving the game away as he did this morning on BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. (Listen from 2:39:10) http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05xj1qb#autohttp://

Reporting on the latest round of UN climate talks in Bonn this week, Harrabin said:

“We’re trying to change the entire global economy….”

Then swiftly he corrected himself:

“…or at least the UN’s trying to change the entire global economy.”

Too late, Roger. The game is up! We know where your sympathies lie. Not, given the assiduous and uncritical way you report on every environmental scare story going, that there was ever much doubt on this score.

The incident calls to mind the similar Freudian slip back in 2005 when, in the course of an interview with Labour treasury minister Ed Balls, Today’s not-noticeably-right-sympathising presenter Jim Naughtie was heard to say:

“If we win the election does Gordon Brown remain Chancellor.”

Like Harrabin, Naughtie quickly corrected himself:

“If you win the election.”

But the damage had been done. As Lord Tebbit commented at the time: “How often a slip of the tongue betrays the true thoughts in the mind of the speaker. We could all see the shape of the cat in the bag, but Mr Naughtie has now let it out for all to see.”

Well I think we can all now see very clearly that Mr Harrabin’s cat is a particularly repellant shade of green. If I had an animal that looked so wretchedly unhealthy, I think I’d want to do the kind thing and get it put down.

(H/T Glen Bishop)

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/06/12/bbc-environment-editor-lets-the-green-cat-out-of-the-bag/

Now almost the coldest in 8,000 years

JUNE 12, 2015

“A continued natural climate change towards a colder climate is now more, rather than less, likely.” – Ed Hoskins

https://edmhdotme.wordpress.com/about/
Heavy snow for Brooks Range, Alaska Range

WINTER weather advisory. 10 June 2015 – “Visitors to Denali National Park may get more than they bargained for today,” says the Fairbanks News Miner. The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a winter weather advisory for the area. Meteorologists estimate the park will receive 4 to 8 inches of snow.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/heavy-snow-expected-in-brooks-range-alaska-range/article_76118d30-0fab-11e5-b561-13ca2778b458.html
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
[...]
As a scientist myself, it became clear to me that the contrarians were not capable of providing the science to support their “skepticism” on climate change. The evidence simply does not exist to justify continued denial that climate change is caused by humans and will be bad. There is always legitimate debate around the cutting edge of research, something we see regularly. But with climate change, science that has been established, constantly tested, and reaffirmed for decades was routinely called into question.

First of all, I appreciate your concern towards climate change to save the humanity. Each and every individual must come up with their own to save the climate. We can really start from our office itself, for instance.... stop printing papers to read, whenever you want to print, save it into PDF and read, print only those articles in paper which is deemed fit to discuss in meetings.

Why even go to an office to read a pdf on a computer screen, office built in a skyscraper you need to get to thanks to a global warming creation engine called transportation system?

Pdf says: "Meeting Canceled!"

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
[...]
As a scientist myself, it became clear to me that the contrarians were not capable of providing the science to support their “skepticism” on climate change. The evidence simply does not exist to justify continued denial that climate change is caused by humans and will be bad. There is always legitimate debate around the cutting edge of research, something we see regularly. But with climate change, science that has been established, constantly tested, and reaffirmed for decades was routinely called into question.

First of all, I appreciate your concern towards climate change to save the humanity. Each and every individual must come up with their own to save the climate. We can really start from our office itself, for instance.... stop printing papers to read, whenever you want to print, save it into PDF and read, print only those articles in paper which is deemed fit to discuss in meetings.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

]https://i.imgur.com/NA5GV71.png

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/06/12/global-warming-polar-bears-eat-dolphins.html

-----------------------------------------
I guess it's a win win situation for polar bears... Thank you global warming!

Cool

Polar bears, like a lot of other carnivores, will eat anything which moves (or moved when it was alive and has not yet been totally consumed by other scavengers.)  I saw a vid the other day of a single polar bear successfully taking a whale!  Indeed, the adaptability of polar bears (and humans and a very many other creatures) speaks volumes about how the earth is in a continuous state of change.  Were it not there would be a small fraction of the number of species we see today and they would be highly optimized to very specific environments.

(They would also have vastly longer lifecycles, and I got to wondering the other day if a simulation of the life expectancy of various organisms could shed some light on the pre-historic rates of variability in climate.)

What the politicians are doing, in concert with other groups who are often near completely unaware of things, is taking what are in most cases completely natural variations and using them as an excuse to separate people from their wealth.  At this point I'm pretty confident that it is nearly 100% scam.

I disagree with you. It is nearly 100+97% scam...

Wink

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

]https://i.imgur.com/NA5GV71.png

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2015/06/12/global-warming-polar-bears-eat-dolphins.html

Cool

Polar bears, like a lot of other carnivores, will eat anything which moves (or moved when it was alive and has not yet been totally consumed by other scavengers.)  I saw a vid the other day of a single polar bear successfully taking a whale!  Indeed, the adaptability of polar bears (and humans and a very many other creatures) speaks volumes about how the earth is in a continuous state of change.  Were it not there would be a small fraction of the number of species we see today and they would be highly optimized to very specific environments.

(They would also have vastly longer lifecycles, and I got to wondering the other day if a simulation of the life expectancy of various organisms could shed some light on the pre-historic rates of variability in climate.)

What the politicians are doing, in concert with other groups who are often near completely unaware of things, is taking what are in most cases completely natural variations and using them as an excuse to separate people from their wealth.  At this point I'm pretty confident that it is nearly 100% scam.

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Cool

legendary

New York City underwater?

As one expert warns that in 2015 the sea level will rise quickly, a visual shows New York City being engulfed by water. The video montage includes another unidentified person predicting that "flames cover hundreds of miles."

On June 13, 2008, ABCNews.com promoted the special by hyperventilating, "Are we living in the last century of our civilization?" Unlike the 2015 predictions, that suggestion hasn't (yet) been proven wrong.

Even the Warmer scientific "consensus" did not ever agree with these claims.  For example the 2007 IPCC report.

The trick for alarmists to get away with lying is to put their claims of doom 20-30 years into the future.  Close enough that it would affect people and their kids, but far enough away that they can claim by changing your lifestyle now, you can stop the terrible nightmare from happening.

Christianity got started this way, with the End getting put further and further off.  At first they thought it was going to be in just a few years.  IIRC.
legendary
Well, since the science is settled, there is no need for more science work.  There is, of course, a need for the Adjusters to move the numbers to what the Science says they should be.  Like for temperature.  And there is a need for Enforcers to get all the people to do what the Science says they should do.  But since it's all settled, additional funds spent on Science would be wasted.

That pic somehow reminds me of Roman Emperor Caligula. He was a total fruitcake and so crazy that he even declared war on the sea and the god residing there, Neptune. Had his soldiers attack and stab the water with spears. Nowadays they also declare wars on this and that, even abstractions like drugs poverty et cetera, most of the time with dubious results of course. And now Obama is declaring war on climate change. How not surprising.

The pix and the "winter is coming" meme are only funny if you watch game of thrones.

I never did believe the Bamster was black but the blue eyes prove he's not.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

FLASHBACK: ABC's ’08 Prediction: NYC Under Water from Climate Change By June 2015

New York City underwater? Gas over $9 a gallon? A carton of milk costs almost $13? Welcome to June 12,  2015. Or at least that was the wildly-inaccurate version of 2015 predicted by ABC News exactly seven years ago. Appearing on Good Morning America in 2008, Bob Woodruff hyped Earth 2100, a special that pushed apocalyptic predictions of the then-futuristic 2015.

The segment included supposedly prophetic videos, such as a teenager declaring, "It's June 8th, 2015. One carton of milk is $12.99." (On the actual June 8, 2015, a gallon of milk cost, on average, $3.39.) Another clip featured this prediction for the current year: "Gas reached over $9 a gallon." (In reality, gas costs an average of $2.75.)

On June 12, 2008, correspondent Bob Woodruff revealed that the program "puts participants in the future and asks them to report back about what it is like to live in this future world. The first stop is the year 2015."

As one expert warns that in 2015 the sea level will rise quickly, a visual shows New York City being engulfed by water. The video montage includes another unidentified person predicting that "flames cover hundreds of miles."

Then-GMA co-anchor Chris Cuomo appeared frightened by this future world. He wondered, "I think we're familiar with some of these issues, but, boy, 2015? That's seven years from now. Could it really be that bad?"

Ultimately, ABC delayed the air-date for Earth 2100 and the one-hour show didn't debut until June 2, 2009. The program showcased the terrible impact of global warming from 2015 through 2100. In the special, a "storm of the century" wiped out Miami. Other highlights included a destroyed New York City and an abandoned Las Vegas. By 2084, Earth's population will apparently be just 2.7 billion.

On June 13, 2008, ABCNews.com promoted the special by hyperventilating, "Are we living in the last century of our civilization?" Unlike the 2015 predictions, that suggestion hasn't (yet) been proven wrong.

Seven years later, the network has quietly ignored its horribly inaccurate predictions about 2015. When it comes to global warming claims, apparently results don't matter for ABC. 

A partial transcript of the June 12, 2008 GMA segment is below:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/flashback-abcs-08-prediction-nyc-under-water-climate-change-june#sthash.NmmbgbxN.dpuf

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Well, since the science is settled, there is no need for more science work.  There is, of course, a need for the Adjusters to move the numbers to what the Science says they should be.  Like for temperature.  And there is a need for Enforcers to get all the people to do what the Science says they should do.  But since it's all settled, additional funds spent on Science would be wasted.

That pic somehow reminds me of Roman Emperor Caligula. He was a total fruitcake and so crazy that he even declared war on the sea and the god residing there, Neptune. Had his soldiers attack and stab the water with spears. Nowadays they also declare wars on this and that, even abstractions like drugs poverty et cetera, most of the time with dubious results of course. And now Obama is declaring war on climate change. How not surprising.

The pix and the "winter is coming" meme are only funny if you watch game of thrones.

legendary
Jump to: