Pages:
Author

Topic: Reducing scam - page 4. (Read 17832 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
May 02, 2019, 09:15:39 AM
Hi guys,

Reducing scams is needed for the space to grow but it won't happen in a day. In our day and age now that we have deep fakes, it's increasingly harder to trust people. Scammers can setup fake LinkedIn profiles very easily and for the best ones even fake videos. I'm still amazed people trust online handles without a profile picture with their money... It will take a lot of scams for people to understand they need to be careful. This is what we do at GAINS: full transparency and we only work with established people in the space.

Here's a non-scam giveaway for you btw Wink

🚨 More giveaways coming. And this time, you won't believe it... You'll have an opportunity to win tokens of an IEO! 🚨

👊 This is the first quiz for an IEO in the history of crypto and we are very honored to pioneer it and get to claim this milestone! You know we bring you the best.

🔥🔥 Evedo Quiz on Saturday 4th of May 🔥🔥

ℹ️ Evedo is a blockchain based platform, consisting of B2B & B2C Marketplaces. It unifies all businesses and participants involved in organizing events. Their aim is to build a marketplace and a true ecosystem that will help the $850+ Billion event industry grow by connecting all parties without unnecessary middlemen.

🚀 When you think about how hard it is to organize an event with so many parties involved: ground planning for permits, booking agents, artist management, stage construction, stage lighting, electricity, beverage companies, emergency services and security services just to name a few... Then you begin to understand why Evedo can help smooth out this strenuous process 😉

💰 Research the project and compete to win 1 ETH worth of tokens per question!

✅ There will be between 5 and 8 questions. The best answers will be selected by the team.

🌐 Evedo's website (https://www.evedo.co/) 🌐  

💬 Join their Telegram group (https://t.me/evedoco) to learn more about the project.

🕑 The quiz will start in GAINS Quizzes (https://t.me/GainsQuizzes) Saturday the 4th of May at 18h UTC+2.

😎 Do your research 📚 and see you there for a fun event! May the best win 🏆

🔹Another day, another opportunity to win hundreds of dollars worth of tokens with GAINS.

This is all real, no scam. We've been thriving with our amazing community for nearly a year and a half now. Come check it out.
Main channels:
Telegram Community - https://t.me/GainsChat
Telegram Announcements - https://t.me/GainsANN
Telegram Quizzes - https://t.me/GainsQuizzes
Twitter - https://twitter.com/GainsAssociates
Discord - Discord - https://discord.gg/WebCxR3
Activity: 1428
Merit: 252
May 02, 2019, 09:09:58 AM
to reduce the risk of a project scam, it requires the ability of an investor to analyze the project they will follow. because when an investor gets smarter then it will be able to reduce the risk of more projects ending in a scam. the smarter an investor is, the more comfortable everything will be. when more and more investors are smart, it will automatically hinder the spread of more and more scam projects.
Accurate analysis never guarantees a scam, I always analyze in detail before ICO invest and still get a scam, the best thing is that money is held by Escrow so that if there is a problem we are not scammed.
Activity: 924
Merit: 112
May 02, 2019, 08:43:14 AM
Previously, everyone wanted the project to be listed and they could sell their coins. Now all ieo is happening on any exchanges, but even this, not to say that the project is not Scam. Access to the exchange does not give any guarantees.

Not a guarantee but a good assurance that it will be added to the sponsor exchange, its better than to wait that's why a lots of investors chooses this way of investment than ICO's, they are tired of waiting for the coin to be listed after several extensions and failures coming from the team, though there's no assurance that it will not scam people in the way of exiting after the listing.
In my opinion, there is no special difference if you do not have time to sell your tokens or coins on the first candle, which will then cost 0.1 of the ICO price, or these coins will lie in your wallet dead weight.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
May 02, 2019, 08:40:43 AM
Previously, everyone wanted the project to be listed and they could sell their coins. Now all ieo is happening on any exchanges, but even this, not to say that the project is not Scam. Access to the exchange does not give any guarantees.

Not a guarantee but a good assurance that it will be added to the sponsor exchange, its better than to wait that's why a lots of investors chooses this way of investment than ICO's, they are tired of waiting for the coin to be listed after several extensions and failures coming from the team, though there's no assurance that it will not scam people in the way of exiting after the listing.
Activity: 924
Merit: 112
May 02, 2019, 08:32:03 AM
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
May 02, 2019, 08:21:15 AM
Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.

Well, scammers are every where in any aspect of business whether in online or in network marketing or ponzi scheme.
I think we can reduce it if we know how to avoid them, because if We do not know how to avoid them for sure majority of the people
will become a victim by the scammers, but if We just know how to escape with them, I am 100% sure We can able to reduce the victim
by them.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
May 02, 2019, 07:46:09 AM
In my opinion the easiest thing to reduce scam is to immediately make and implement regulations, without regulation then everyone is free to make projects and free money that is prone to being used to scam.
Like how? Regulation in this bitcointalk forum or the government side? In my opinion regulation can be one of the way to reducing the scam of ICO. Maybe like, add a rules for people who want open their ICO in this forum like pay some amount of satoshi or verification indentity before open their ICO.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
May 02, 2019, 07:40:05 AM
to be able to reduce fraud of course we all have to be smart, good synergy between Bounty Manager, Bounty Hunter, ICO analyst and all people who have the ability to analyze an ICO project so that if you do an ICO project we will not be fooled and what they do will be worthless
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
May 02, 2019, 07:26:52 AM
to reduce the risk of a project scam, it requires the ability of an investor to analyze the project they will follow. because when an investor gets smarter then it will be able to reduce the risk of more projects ending in a scam. the smarter an investor is, the more comfortable everything will be. when more and more investors are smart, it will automatically hinder the spread of more and more scam projects.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
May 02, 2019, 07:14:34 AM
At the moment, of course, a lot of people create various companies to collect money through the cryptocurrency sphere and then disappear with the same money, but lately it seems to me that these fraudsters have become a little less, maybe I am wrong, we need to wait for 2020 and maybe in 2020 governments will begin to regulate cryptocurrency.
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
May 02, 2019, 07:01:49 AM
In my opinion the easiest thing to reduce scam is to immediately make and implement regulations, without regulation then everyone is free to make projects and free money that is prone to being used to scam.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
May 02, 2019, 06:58:16 AM
Indeed there is no compulsion for us to invest in the ICO project. But the ICO project certainly requires investors and with funds collected to develop the company. Especially if the project can succeed it will also provide benefits to investors. But with a lot of fraud going on and a lot of investor money gone. This also affected many failed ICO projects. So if we still want to invest, of course, we must be careful in determining the ICO project.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
May 02, 2019, 06:29:16 AM
With many scam of ICO project you have left and try for investing your money in altcoin have listed with many greatest exchange market, why not invest your money in ethereum or bitcoin cash?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
May 02, 2019, 06:21:35 AM
Kind time of the day, with every day in ICO we meet more and more fraud. It is clear that no one forces us to invest in these projects. But the idea of ​​a cryptocurrency does not imply any regulatory department. What do you think that could help in solving this problem? I just see only that the advisors were responsible, or they took a pledge from the projects they are entering.

we still cannot overcome this problem.
and as long as this business is profitable as long as the scammer is always there
this is a fact
and I think we will really need a true regulation that can prevent scammers acting up. some countries that legalize crypto must participate in this matter
Activity: 574
Merit: 1
May 02, 2019, 06:07:57 AM
We cannot control on scamming it's reason is lack of knowledge. So we should be getting much more knowledge about  any project & controls disclose our secret to reduce scamming. I think it's mistake ourselves.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
May 02, 2019, 05:36:13 AM
I can say to reduce scams in the forum especially ico and the bounty is new but the scams should be done by moderators will first check the new ico project and bounty or just first fill up the form the pointer share their project or bounty on top ranks in the forum before their project is postponed or posted to the forum to determine whether the new projects are legit or not on the forum is that many scammers and even bounty hunters are It's a scam project because they do not know the ico and bounty look if legit or scam so it's a great help to research new projects first to avoid scams.
Activity: 672
Merit: 22
May 02, 2019, 05:21:33 AM
Only if there could be laws and regulations in the entire crypto space to check the veracity of the project developers and provide some level of security to investors, but I do not see that coming very soon. Cryptocurrency has already been made to provide some level of anonymity to holders and to a greater extent being decentralized, it may be difficult to checkmate this. However, until such is possible, one have to be very careful and do all the necessary researches and due diligence before getting in.
In the near future, the crypto industry is waiting for a lot of changes associated with the control of crypto projects and crypto users. it Susano with the advent of the industry of capital from Wall Street.
copper member
Activity: 294
May 02, 2019, 05:18:31 AM
Only if there could be laws and regulations in the entire crypto space to check the veracity of the project developers and provide some level of security to investors, but I do not see that coming very soon. Cryptocurrency has already been made to provide some level of anonymity to holders and to a greater extent being decentralized, it may be difficult to checkmate this. However, until such is possible, one have to be very careful and do all the necessary researches and due diligence before getting in.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
May 02, 2019, 05:00:04 AM
Thats why we must do a precautionary measures before we consider to enter or invest in crypto-currency bandwagon specially ICO's since we dont know if those people who implemented the iCO are honest or truthful about the project they want to build using the peoples money. just select from reliable one with a transparent background to minimized the risk of being scam.
Activity: 63
xCRYPT
May 02, 2019, 03:33:56 AM
We are not unable to reduce fraud in the ICO and leave it decentralized. You just need to take all the risks when you are invested in an ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: