Pages:
Author

Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin - page 23. (Read 22398 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 30, 2013, 11:12:02 AM
...  My argument is against an externalized god. Satanism is a better argument against theism than atheism is...

Just a tiny technical detail:  Satanism is not an argument against theism, it *is* theism.  What's cuter still is the common variants are little more than Christian striation cults.  From simplistic inversions of Christian teachings and symbols (Good->Evil, Cross->Upside-down Cross) to sublime interpretations of Sufis*, who worship Satan as the greatest lover of God -- like Christ, receiving the ultimate punishment for embodying the ultimate truth**.

*Islam, at least for the nonbelievers: Judaism +1 prophet = Christianity, +another prophet = Islam.

**The punishment, of course, is not defeat, but being cast away from the one he adored (God).  As he fell to the depths of hell, a feather parted from his wing.  As it fell to earth, it became Satan's first gift to man: Freedom.

May 30, 2013, 10:07:28 AM
I only saw this thread now. Sorry if I jump into the conversation a bit late, and sorry if this was mentioned before. I scanned 6 of the 17 pages and it got a bit much.

Please bear in mind that the bible talks about a central world currency, and people having the "mark of the beast". People would not be able to transact or do business without having that mark of the beast (which lots of people say are RFID chips implanted in our hands). That's how "the devil" will control everyone.

BUT!

Bitcoin is the exact opposite of that

• No centralized authority can tell you how or when you spend your bitcoins
  • You'll never need to carry any mark to transact.

So OP, please tell your friend that bitcoin is far less evil than what he thinks!

May 29, 2013, 09:47:13 PM
1 bitcoin and you may talk to anyone in the after life, I tell you how to reach them.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
May 29, 2013, 08:31:36 PM
Religious discussions tend to get heated. Just don't take offense if someone says something you disagree on.

Tell that to Charles Darwin...
Sure thing Ill grab my hotline to hell payphone and get him on the line.
Oh, jeez it only takes full bitcoins... I'm a bit short. Can I bum like .995 off you real quick?

I think you'll find he's not in hell or heaven - he's just dead. But a clever man.
Meow.

Unlike this poster, he's not in heaven or hell and he's not a clever man.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Capitalism is the crisis.
May 29, 2013, 08:23:03 PM
Religious discussions tend to get heated. Just don't take offense if someone says something you disagree on.

Oh, jeez it only takes full bitcoins... I'm a bit short. Can I bum like .995 off you real quick?

I think you'll find he's not in hell or heaven - he's just dead. But a clever man.
Meow.

Activity: 220
Getting too old for all this.
May 29, 2013, 08:20:37 PM
It costs 1BTC for a seance now? Oh my.
May 29, 2013, 08:15:46 PM

May 29, 2013, 08:12:38 PM

May 29, 2013, 08:05:12 PM

May 29, 2013, 07:52:25 PM
May 29, 2013, 07:47:59 PM

Thank you as well. I have a lot of respect for you. Debates like this tend to get far more out of hand than this one did, and I appreciate the level of maturity you bring to the table.

Likewise, from the pit of my intestinal sentience.  Smiley
May 29, 2013, 07:27:49 PM
Well thank you for your patience. I notice in your response a couple places where I may have miscommunicated. Perhaps we should leave it there.
Thank you as well. I have a lot of respect for you. Debates like this tend to get far more out of hand than this one did, and I appreciate the level of maturity you bring to the table.
May 29, 2013, 07:21:52 PM
ffs
May 29, 2013, 07:18:53 PM
I'm not so sure there is any such thing as a person.  The thing we call "I" and "Me", is nothing more that a thought. And since we cant control our thoughts, we have no free will.
We are nothing but robots, following out our programming with the belief we are someone.  All part of evolution.

All this religious stuff, is just another layer of belief.
ANDNOWFORSOMETHINGCOMPLETELYDIFFERENT.JPY

Tor, onion layers
fractalized identity
where are MY brackets?

Macro and Micro
intestinal sentience
which atoms are mine?
May 29, 2013, 07:17:13 PM
Well thank you for your patience. I notice in your response a couple places where I may have miscommunicated. Perhaps we should leave it there.
May 29, 2013, 07:13:07 PM
It takes far more self righteous ego to project God as the undeniable universal absolute known only to your particular favored translation, upbringing and adult experience than it takes to allow yourself to take sole responsibility for your own life, values, and perception of reality. In my opinion, of course- to answer your question.

Heard. If you think you're god, your argument is with God.

Do you suspect ALL OF THE BOOKS EVER?
Take a quick look at the dewey decimal system up to the fourth decimal place. The religion section alone is humongous due to the dominant christian urge to monopolize ideology.

Really I was talking about the kind of books that lead one to where you are at now, and where I used to be. I'm not a book-burning kind of person, but I've learned: It's garbage in, garbage out.

Please don't tear every book ever written apart cover to cover. Nobody would ever see you finish.

Figurative! Translated: If I had the time, I could analyze and refute the statements, premises and intentions of the above mentioned categories of books, at least the ones I have read and are aware of. Work with me here.

The bible did more good than harm because books don't do harm. Books only codify ideas. People, however, got lots of terrible ideas from lots of terrible books.
You could argue the bible is not one of those terrible books, but even you wouldn't believe you.

Sorry, you honestly kinda lost me there.

EDIT: If you don't believe a thing in the book, of course you're going to think the derived ideas are terrible. I just happen to have more to go on now than the book itself.
My argument is against an externalized god. Satanism is a better argument against theism than atheism is, because satanism exists only to address such foolishness on its own terms. You presume to know what kinda books led me here, huh? Neat. I'm not quoting verses here, youre not debating with books. Youre debating with a person. Referencing book burning in even the most indirectly vague implictly favorable light is enough to get my blood boiling.
( against burning "but" garbage)
Claiming you can somehow refute specific sets arguments, premises, and implications from varieties of categories of books, the identities of which you presume to be able to infer from implications made by me because youve got 'more to go on', and then sitting there pretending not to know exactly what I'm saying when I called some of the decisions made by people based on interpretations of some versions of the bible, 'Terrible' actions, makes my blood boil just a little hotter.
I forgive you though for the moment.
Not because Jesus, but because I GET that you have the capacity to rise above this horrid mire and leave behind the backward slave mentality espoused by countless hordes of insipid, zombified Soldierz of jeesus or whatever.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
May 29, 2013, 07:04:35 PM
My religion is logic; my Lord is reason.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 29, 2013, 06:39:51 PM
anyone who is religious is deluisional and desperate for an answer

I follow Bitcoin religiously Smiley my wife thinks Bitcoin is more than a religion, she thinks it's a mistress.

My pick-up line at the bars now,

"I am never going to get laid again."

She asks "why?"

"Because all I do is talk about and think about bitcoin!"

And then she reassures me I am wrong.... AWESOME!!! I get to talk and think only about bitcoin and still get laid!!!!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 29, 2013, 06:38:06 PM
I have actually had 2 random older folks mention this as I rant and rave religiously and barely listen. But yup, i've heard and made a mental note of it.

Its also fits perfectly in my scifi vision of the future dark horible world we face.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 06:24:01 PM
anyone who is religious is deluisional and desperate for an answer

I follow Bitcoin religiously Smiley my wife thinks Bitcoin is more than a religion, she thinks it's a mistress.
Pages:
Jump to: