Pages:
Author

Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin - page 9. (Read 22398 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
June 17, 2013, 07:37:02 PM
Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?
I believe the people who wrote the book where trying to share knowledge.
It just happens that some of the principles are appropriate, but as every reading must be interpreted by the reader.
It is my opinion it is a great work when viewed in hindsight.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
June 17, 2013, 07:11:02 PM
Question for everyone who does NOT believe in the bible.  If it turns out that Bitcoin (or another world currency) does quite literally fulfill that prophecy at some point in the future, would you begin to believe the bible might be true?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
June 17, 2013, 06:58:36 PM
Bitcoin is an alien technology designed to replace humans with AI which was programmed to utter the words. "Download Bitcoin-Qt"
Activity: 20
June 16, 2013, 11:55:13 PM
Kinda hard not to offend someone in a religious topic.

ikr?
June 16, 2013, 11:52:58 PM

said with an ascent and intent to bring humor to a situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8mneO8yvU

I am sure if you read all 31 pages dedicated to the topic you will see a lot of (anti and mono) theist fundamentalism.

In keeping with the OP, not using Bitcoin, to prevent a prophecy foretold in the Bible should be a topic that invites humor not hatred.
My apologies I didn't intend to offend anyone.

That's a clear leap to a conclusion. The implanted chip may turn out to be a bitcoin wallet slash client. Matched with a way to connect slash network with other nodes and control transactions and addresses and BAM! Bible prophecy fulfilled.

*edited to be PC*
It is plausible, the Bible prophecy is referring to the USD fiat global reserve currency, creating debt for the unborn.

But thinking that would just be ignorant, it's obvious, you have a point it is probably Bitcoin!

preemptive SHssush! and Shush! again :P

haha oic :))) I read all the way to page 2 before I saw something I wanted to rpely to.
My apologies for being ignorant of this meme-esque thing you say.
Activity: 14
June 16, 2013, 09:28:42 PM
Kinda hard not to offend someone in a religious topic.
legendary
June 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM

Now Zip it!

Now zip it? Is that how you talk to people? You're trying to throw what I said out the window and didn't even provide an intellectual basis to support it.
What everyone supposedly knows isn't the same as a fact. And if it comes down to it, the bible isn't even factual either.
Now go be stupid somewhere else.

said with an ascent and intent to bring humor to a situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK8mneO8yvU

I am sure if you read all 31 pages dedicated to the topic you will see a lot of (anti and mono) theist fundamentalism.

In keeping with the OP, not using Bitcoin, to prevent a prophecy foretold in the Bible should be a topic that invites humor not hatred.
My apologies I didn't intend to offend anyone.

That's a clear leap to a conclusion. The implanted chip may turn out to be a bitcoin wallet slash client. Matched with a way to connect slash network with other nodes and control transactions and addresses and BAM! Bible prophecy fulfilled.

*edited to be PC*
It is plausible, the Bible prophecy is referring to the USD fiat global reserve currency, creating debt for the unborn.

But thinking that would just be ignorant, it's obvious, you have a point it is probably Bitcoin!

preemptive SHssush! and Shush! again Tongue
June 16, 2013, 05:29:08 PM
LOL. Yeah. The one-world currency, the first tool of the antichrist. Seems fitting, until you realize that it doesn't fit the criteria.

1. The one world currency proposed in the bible requires that a chip be implanted on someone to make transactions, and that no other means are allowed, this would require the currency to be controlled, and centralized.  Not bitcoin.

We all know it, the Bible is referring to fiat, based on the debt of the unborn. Bitcoin participation is voluntary, fiat and being born are not.

Now Zip it!

Now zip it? Is that how you talk to people? You're trying to throw what I said out the window and didn't even provide an intellectual basis to support it.
What everyone supposedly knows isn't the same as a fact. And if it comes down to it, the bible isn't even factual either.
Now go be stupid somewhere else.
Activity: 14
June 16, 2013, 01:38:47 AM
The man does have a point saying bitcoin is pretty close to a religion.
legendary
June 16, 2013, 12:04:10 AM
LOL. Yeah. The one-world currency, the first tool of the antichrist. Seems fitting, until you realize that it doesn't fit the criteria.

1. The one world currency proposed in the bible requires that a chip be implanted on someone to make transactions, and that no other means are allowed, this would require the currency to be controlled, and centralized.  Not bitcoin.

We all know it, the Bible is referring to fiat, based on the debt of the unborn. Bitcoin participation is voluntary, fiat and being born are not.

Now Zip it!
June 15, 2013, 08:14:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
June 15, 2013, 09:39:11 AM
Zip it!
Not all Bitcoin priest are so tolerant, that why Amir Taaki, is only allowed to debate on TV from an isolated room.
Lol. When a cryptographic ucrrency becomes a religion.
Oh god why.
global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 06, 2013, 04:48:55 AM
Zip it!
Not all Bitcoin priest are so tolerant, that why Amir Taaki, is only allowed to debate on TV from an isolated room.
When a cryptographic currency becomes religion.
global moderator
June 06, 2013, 04:45:03 AM
Zip it!
Lol. When a cryptographic ucrrency becomes a religion.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 06, 2013, 01:23:48 AM
I introduced bitcoin to a friend and they started talking about how the bible predicts a currency take over and its the start of the Revelation.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

For what it's worth this is written in the bible 4,000 years ago. There will be a digital currency and you will have a mark or a chip of some sort implented in you that is your wallet. Without the "mark of the beast" you won't be able to be part of society anymore as you can no longer sell or buy without it.

The only people that are delusional are the ones who ignore the fact that these things were written 4,000 years ago and are happening exactly as written about, if that's not enough proof of god's existence for you, than nothing will be, and by god I mean Jesus, as it's written in the Bible.

Another thing written in the Bible, about how people will turn away from god near the end. Now go troll among yourselves and enjoy this world while you can because in a short while, god will wipe you out of your worthless pitiful existence, while the ones who believed in him will live for eternity, those who have ears let them hear.
Activity: 784
June 06, 2013, 01:07:38 AM
You need to realize what distinguishes Bitcoin from nearly all religions is it professes a negative belief: instead of claiming the existence of some omnipotent entity, it relies on the assumption that some cryptographic algorithm are humanly infeasible to break.
legendary
June 05, 2013, 11:38:56 PM
Zip it!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 05, 2013, 11:03:49 PM

Lol! What a silly story. I would have said, "And yet, we still don't find nails, wood planks, boats, gears, springs, watches, or anything that looks designed in nature  Grin"
global moderator
June 05, 2013, 07:05:46 PM
In bitcoin I trust (mostly)
TRUST NO ONE
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Want some pi with that?
June 05, 2013, 06:38:30 PM
In bitcoin I trust (mostly)