Pages:
Author

Topic: Religious beliefs on bitcoin - page 7. (Read 22398 times)

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 22, 2013, 08:25:44 AM
I was raised a Christian and was a Christian for many years, never giving it a thought until one day I thought about it.........................................

Smiley
I still am. And what was your though that put you away?

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Now let's discuss the ritutal cannibalism inherent in Christianity:

That whole "eat my flesh, drink my blood" thing...........................................

And don't bother coming back with that old "It's only symbolic" thing; "cummunion" is based on much older superstitions which state that the honor, experience, wisdom and power of one's enemies or gurus can be passed on by the eating ot the flesh, especially the brain.

" Take and eat, this is my body which shall be broken for you. And taking likewise the cup, he said: This is my blood which shall be shed for you; when you do this, do it in memory of me."

"The oldest and most sacred ritual in honor of cannibalism- the consumption of a victims flesh and blood, to consume their spirit and essence is the ritual of the Sacred Eucharist of Osiris."

http://one-evil.org/content/ritual_cannibalism.html

And if you really choose to think instead of blindly following "Pastor" or "Father" or "Brother" or "Sister", go here and look around:

http://www.evilbible.com/

My $.02.

Smiley

If I can't response with the 'it's a symbol addapted with primitive per-chrcistianty traditions' then I have nothing to say to you.  Lips sealed
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 22, 2013, 08:19:43 AM
I was raised a Christian and was a Christian for many years, never giving it a thought until one day I thought about it.........................................

Smiley

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Now let's discuss the ritutal cannibalism inherent in Christianity:

That whole "eat my flesh, drink my blood" thing...........................................

And don't bother coming back with that old "It's only symbolic" thing; "cummunion" is based on much older superstitions which state that the honor, experience, wisdom and power of one's enemies or gurus can be passed on by the eating ot the flesh, especially the brain.

" Take and eat, this is my body which shall be broken for you. And taking likewise the cup, he said: This is my blood which shall be shed for you; when you do this, do it in memory of me."

"The oldest and most sacred ritual in honor of cannibalism- the consumption of a victims flesh and blood, to consume their spirit and essence is the ritual of the Sacred Eucharist of Osiris."

http://one-evil.org/content/ritual_cannibalism.html

And if you really choose to think instead of blindly following "Pastor" or "Father" or "Brother" or "Sister", go here and look around:

http://www.evilbible.com/

My $.02.

Smiley

global moderator
Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610
In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce
June 22, 2013, 07:58:22 AM

Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
June 22, 2013, 07:22:25 AM

Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 22, 2013, 12:21:21 AM
I think what you perceive as intolerant and hateful is actually you being judgmental. I prefer to think of athiests as rational and kind loving people who have an alternate sense of community, and who react negatively to being judged by irrational standards.

I am being judgemental (I don't hold judging to be inherently wrong, I make judgements every day, "that car is fast", "Bitcoins are a good investment"), and based on my perception of this thread, as I originally said you get a very hateful athiesm:
Judging by this thread, athiests are the most intolerant, hateful, and irreverent types
That is, if you only had this thread as a representation for athiesm that would be a logical deduction.

I have not seen where I or others, really, have judged athiests by irrational standards on this thread. In fact the only judgement I've made wasn't really a judgement just a criticism of how athiests are behaving in particular this thread.

I'm not saying it's impossible for there to be a kind, loving, tolerant athiest, merely that such athiests are not common (at least from my experience).
legendary
Activity: 858
Merit: 1000
June 21, 2013, 09:09:49 PM
No offence, but your friend is crazy.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
June 21, 2013, 02:33:56 AM
Judging by this thread, athiests are the most intolerant, hateful, and irreverent types of people to have ever walked the face of the earth, however I do not generally judge based on a vocal minority.

I think what you perceive as intolerant and hateful is actually you being judgmental. I prefer to think of athiests as rational and kind loving people who have an alternate sense of community, and who react negatively to being judged by irrational standards.

Although I would not so far to say that athiests are the most intolerant, hateful and irreverent types of people ever (it just depends on each individual person and to make blanket statements like that seems to be too big of a generalization)

I will ask this question:  Where are all the hospitals, schools, outreaches to inner city kids, homeless ministries, women's shelters etc... started by athiests?  If athiests as a collective group are more loving and kind and have a heart for others, why don't they join together and do these things too?

Personally, I feel the reason so many non-profit organizations are started by Christians is because God is love and he puts love in our hearts to go beyond ourselves and do these things.  With His help we become more focused on caring for others then ourselves.  That is why we see this.  Just my thoughts.
legendary
Activity: 1372
June 21, 2013, 02:01:30 AM
Judging by this thread, athiests are the most intolerant, hateful, and irreverent types of people to have ever walked the face of the earth, however I do not generally judge based on a vocal minority.

legendary
June 21, 2013, 01:48:37 AM
Having read comments of the religious nuts here, one starts to wonder when will they disappear for good? Cheesy

Like the Romans adopted Christianity, it'll happen when the FED adopts Bitcoin, the new religious vogue will be satoshiasim.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
June 21, 2013, 12:16:23 AM
Also I would disagree that Christianity leads to hypocrisy,  I suppose you might say that by having perfection as a standard, all Christians are inherently hypocrites. However that would not be hypocrisy, hypocrisy is hiding behind the bible and using to your end instead of God's, holding to parts of the bible you like, and ignoring the rest. I'm sorry that you have had bad experiences with Christians, however that does not excuse your stereotyping. I have heard people say all black people are bad just based on their experience with a few black people, you seem to be using the same strain of logic.

It's actually funny, 90% of arguments against Christianity are just basic theological questions.

So, if you have a lot of "why" questions, may I recommend Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem, or Google for that matter.

Having read comments of the religious nuts here, one starts to wonder when will they disappear for good?
The death of Christianity has been forecasted since it's inception.
Activity: 886
Merit: 1013
June 20, 2013, 11:41:22 PM
Having read comments of the religious nuts here, one starts to wonder when will they disappear for good? Cheesy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 20, 2013, 11:29:55 PM
   Just alittle reminder- this thread is about bitcoin. I know it's easy to confuse bitcoin and the Most High, what with bitcoins splenderous glory and all, but bitcoin was created by Satoshi,  Satoshi was created by his parents who were created by the chain of evolution on earth which was created by the force of gravity pulling cosmic dust together which was created by... yeah pretty much whatever logical explanation or word we try to use to describe this is going to fall short. There have been many saints- if you want to know about this force that holds everything together you can look at what they have to say... Buddha, Mohammed, Jesus, peace be with them... Rumi, Hafiz, for the lyrically inclined, or stories about St. Francis, or the books of Ibn Arabi, the Tao, the Zen teachers, and so on... I always found these interesting ways of exploring the final frontier which is even vaster than space- within.
    Seek and you will find! Peace!
legendary
June 20, 2013, 07:51:38 PM
How can one explain God that way?
Good point so I tried pantheism
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
Getting too old for all this.
June 20, 2013, 06:53:02 PM
Sounds like he's pretty bad at this whole "being a god" thing. One regrettable mistake after another  Tongue

Not A god, The God. He's not in a position to cater to everybody's idea of what He ought to be. My whole point was that nothing he's done was a mistake, it all reflects his circumstances and all serves a good purpose in the end.

So, he made an angel that became Satan, humans that would commit original sin, and all the pain and pestilence and sinners in the world on purpose? Then why do we need forgiveness if it was all his fault?

Try that defence with Him, what do you think he'll tell you? Where were you to tell him he's doing it wrong? What if he's working out the best possible configuration of the universe, the misery we see is the inevitable birth-pain of something much better, and though the Earth "is his footstool," he still went to great pains to show compassion to those who could receive it?

You go to lengths to reduce the equation until it's utterly materialistic (read: carnal, temporal). How can one explain God that way?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
June 20, 2013, 06:11:31 PM
Sounds like he's pretty bad at this whole "being a god" thing. One regrettable mistake after another  Tongue

Not A god, The God. He's not in a position to cater to everybody's idea of what He ought to be. My whole point was that nothing he's done was a mistake, it all reflects his circumstances and all serves a good purpose in the end.

So, he made an angel that became Satan, humans that would commit original sin, and all the pain and pestilence and sinners in the world on purpose? Then why do we need forgiveness if it was all his fault?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
June 20, 2013, 06:11:03 PM
   Truth stands out clear from falsehood.

When the Roman empire made christianity the official religion, they needed some way to legitimate staying in power. The centralized empire was already falling apart, but the declaring Jesus(peace be with him) to be God incarnate and the establishing his passing of authority to his apostles which began the priesthood and established a chain of authority by which rulers, by being approved by the Bishop of Rome (the pope), could legitimate their position as rulers.
June 20, 2013, 05:51:36 PM
Sounds like he's pretty bad at this whole "being a god" thing. One regrettable mistake after another  Tongue

legendary
June 20, 2013, 05:30:21 PM
June 20, 2013, 04:15:22 PM
You're going to love this. It's by sin that death entered

Wasn't it by god placing a forbidden tree in easy reach of Adam and Eve, while knowing full well that the two can't tell the difference between good and bad, that sin and death entered?

Yep. It speaks volumes about the way we work. You're right, for them, to be mislead was a naive mistake, but it's a mistake the elect will never make again. From God's perspective, it's the eternal outcome that matters most.

It's a story of the human condition vs. God.

Look at it simply: Benevolent God creates free-willed, finite being. Finite being cannot grasp God in entirety, misreads intentions, rebels. This is a predictable, possibly inevitable, pattern which apparently had happened even among the highest angels, in that one sought to exalt itself above it's creator, and God justly dropped it down into the temporal, where it would eventually be destroyed, along with those under it.

The result, approaching infinity, is where sin, death, and rebellion from God will have all been played out, shown as worthless, removed from the equation, and every knee will bow. He will have a great multitude that both trusts him and will not betray him, even if he gives them vastly greater responsibility than simply tending a garden.

He's got an eternal existence to consider, and you're blaming him for doing what it takes to work around our finite capacity, to what end?
legendary
June 20, 2013, 03:38:16 PM
You're going to love this. It's by sin that death entered

Wasn't it by god placing a forbidden tree in easy reach of Adam and Eve, while knowing full well that the two can't tell the difference between good and bad, that sin and death entered?
Pages:
Jump to: