Pages:
Author

Topic: Remove Proxyban (evil fees) - email to get whitelisted for free - page 7. (Read 18311 times)

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
And you accidentally misquote 1miau instead of Apocollapse  Roll Eyes
Thanks for the sharp eye! When I quote someone else (in this case myself) while responding to a quote, I go back to copy the original header instead of continuing with only [ quote]. In this case I scrolled up too far.
Activity: 280
Merit: 259
https://bitcoincleanup.com #EndTheFUD
and accidentally accepting some others who don't deserve it.

And you accidentally misquote 1miau instead of Apocollapse  Roll Eyes
legendary
Yesterday, Sea5ick tried to register an account but he got blocked because he used a VPN to do so because of evil IP.  Cry
His account: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/sea5ick-3476779
He's whitelisted now.

I don't know how all those accounts convince you to whitelist them, but I wonder what's those brand new accounts purpose to get whitelisted? Does their purpose is to send a personal message only?
I don't know, but this is the reason I added statistics:
Statistics
  • Users who never posted: 77
  • Total Merit earned: 2407
  • Total users banned: 2

Most of accounts you whitelisted are correct since they're not a shitposter, but this account is like a bounty hunter since his first post ask how to earn coin and apply in bounty thread. Are you really whitelist a bounty hunter or he's lied to you?

I checked his emails again: I initially rejected his request, then changed my mind. It's a learning experience for me too, I'm trying to find a balance between rejecting some users who shouldn't be whitelisted, and accidentally accepting some others who don't deserve it. I can't be absolutely sure based on an email, but with only 2 banned users (until now) and 2400 Merit earned by whitelisted users, I'd say my Whitelisting efforts are a contribution to the forum.
Activity: 910
Merit: 727
I have a question

I don't know how all those accounts convince you to whitelist them, but I wonder what's those brand new accounts purpose to get whitelisted? Does their purpose is to send a personal message only? (I read someone who get banned can't send personal message) perhaps when they want to buy something from sellers in this forum, they already contact though the seller's social media and then confirm to chat in this forum, to make sure they doesn't chat with impersonator?

Most of accounts you whitelisted are correct since they're not a shitposter, but this account is like a bounty hunter since his first post ask how to earn coin and apply in bounty thread. Are you really whitelist a bounty hunter or he's lied to you?

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 6604
Currently not available - plz check my websitelink
Hey!  Smiley

Yesterday, Sea5ick tried to register an account but he got blocked because he used a VPN to do so because of evil IP.  Cry
His account: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/sea5ick-3476779
Would be nice if he could be whitelisted.

Much appreciated in advance!  Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 2161
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Can you please unlock https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/pinksale-3477107

He is the owner of Pinksale Launchpad.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
legendary
Whitelist request (I can vouch)  Tongue

He's whitelisted now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Whitelist request (I can vouch)  Tongue

Thanks in advance!
legendary
I am not sure why this post was deleted. LoyceV, Did you report this post? Or maybe this guy deleted himself.
I don't have to report posts, my topic is self-moderated. But I don't think I deleted it, and can't find it in my modlog archive, so I think he deleted it by himself.

Would you say that phrase should not be used?
I don't think this is the right place to discuss religion.
It's username is ALLAH AKBAR.

Please, Please, and please, don't understand " ALLAH AKBAR " wrongly. it just means God is great, i'm sure it's not illegal username. Sadly a lot of people have misconception about such words. Also, i'm a believer and i love saying God is great. Everyone basically can say it, so please don't judge my username.

I am not sure why this post was deleted. LoyceV, Did you report this post? Or maybe this guy deleted himself. I want to say to him; This is not a good choice of username. I know about your religion. I am not sure what your purpose is for using this username. But, This is not a good choice.

For what it's worth: the "misconception" is understandable; that phrase is used by terrorists when they kill innocent people. If that's what you want to be associated with, that's up to you.

LoyceV, I am not sure what you have understood from his username and why you think it's terrible. I believe terrorists don't have religion. They use religion to kill innocent people. The word Allah Akbar is an Arabic word. In Arabic, Allah is the name of God of Muslims. Akbar = Great. Most Muslim terrorists use this word before an attack. Also, Two Billion people say Allah Akbar during their prayer. It's a part of the prayer. I also know another thing. Terrorists in India Say "Jay Sri Ram" Before an attack. Jay= Victory, Sri Ram=Name of a God of Hinduism religion. So, If a catholic say "Stora El Elyon" before the attack on innocent peoples, Would you say that phrase should not be used?
legendary
It's username is ALLAH AKBAR.

Please, Please, and please, don't understand " ALLAH AKBAR " wrongly. it just means God is great, i'm sure it's not illegal username. Sadly a lot of people have misconception about such words. Also, i'm a believer and i love saying God is great. Everyone basically can say it, so please don't judge my username.
Sorry, I've rejected your email and that didn't change.
For what it's worth: the "misconception" is understandable, that phrase is used by terrorists when they kill innocent people. If that's what you want to be associated with, that's up to you.

From now on, I'll stop responding to rejected emails. If you haven't received an email telling you you're whitelisted after a few days, that means I've rejected you. I've sent the same email hundreds of times by now, and want to save some time.
legendary
About feeling: Does it depends on your mode?
Probably Tongue

Full Member n0nce (1172 Posts) 1880 Merit (all posts | BPIP)

I'm just a first timer, I've never used the forum
You're a bounty spammer, so I'm pretty sure the proxyban was related to that.
Activity: 499
Merit: 16
I really don't understand how the proxyban works. My first time signing up here, i was welcomed with 'your ip has been used by some users to do something bad - something like that kind of message'. I mean, I'm just a first timer, I've never used the forum, and i don't decide what ip address my ISP gives my device.
You said it already: I can't give exact criteria because that would make abuse trivially easy. So what's left is a more or less arbitrary decision based on my gut feeling.
I got it. If you post it publicly, Spammers will take benefit from this. About feeling: Does it depends on your mode?

Administrator theymos said about evil fees:
the vast majority of accounts that hit it should not be whitelisted.

I don't have a complaint about this. But, Since theymos said that. He should know: In my country, every time I switch my mobile data off/on. It changes my IP like VPN. I don't know about other countries. This could give me an IP that was used before here. I believe that's not my fault.

At least I've helped some really good users join the forum, which is why I volunteered for this.
How do you know that they are really good users since most are brand new and newbies? Are they alt-accounts of reputed members, or do you know them anyhow?

legendary
Could you please explain what the criteria to convince you are? I understand that you don't want everyone to give a free pass.
You said it already: I can't give exact criteria because that would make abuse trivially easy. So what's left is a more or less arbitrary decision based on my gut feeling. And while I've whitelisted just over 150 users, I've rejected 3 times more than that.
Administrator theymos said about evil fees:
How can I prove that I am innocent and have never done bad things there?
You can't. And I have no doubt that some of the 450 rejected users shouldn't have been hit by evil fees in the first place. But I can't whitelist everyone, that will lead to many of them getting banned, which will lead to my whitelisting privileges being revoked, which will mean I can't help anyone anymore. At least I've helped some really good users join the forum, which is why I volunteered for this.

Please explain the criteria and how to convince you.
You don't have to convince me anymore, there's no need for whitelisting once you've paid the evil fees.
The tricky part: apart from including your Bitcointalk username, you'll need to convince me you deserve it. I know this sucks, and I hate jumping through hoops too. But it's the best I can do to help new Bitcointalk users without giving spammers a free pass.

Hey LoyceV! Could you please explain what the criteria to convince you are? I understand that you don't want everyone to give a free pass. But, How can I prove that I am innocent and have never done bad things there? I have created three accounts (Including this) so far, and every time my IP has contained some evil points. This time I have paid the evil fees to unlock my account. I mailed you a few days ago to open my other account, and you said you were not convinced. The reason I have unlocked this account is this account contained a little evil point. So it costs fewer fees. Please explain the criteria and how to convince you.
legendary
Well, that's a first:
Users whitelisted by me after a request
I checked his email, and didn't see any big red flags. Let's see if I can keep this under 1% long-term.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: