Pages:
Author

Topic: Remove Proxyban (evil fees) - email to get whitelisted for free - page 8. (Read 18311 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Hi mate, requesting to unban an account that I am working with.

Here is the profile: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/decentraworld-3465120

Someone beat me to it:
Code:
Already whitelisted
Lol, anyway Thanks LoyceV and to who unbanned that account for my request. He was quite faster than you  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 16303
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I now have someone telling me where they live and what their phone number is. DON'T DO THAT! First: I can't know if it's real or not. Second: you should really protect your privacy better than that!

I'd also like to emphasize: I am not a helpdesk! Lol Cheesy
Don't email me with questions on how to contact someone, or how to resolve a scam or other problem.
Update: I also can't tell you why your account was banned.

Someone quoted satoshi in his email (without giving credit, of course):
If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
legendary
Hi, is it possible for you to unblock user "Liarus"?
You don't look like a spammer to me, so vouch accepted. Liarus is whitelisted.
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
Hi, is it possible for you to unblock user "Liarus"?

He is somebody I have knowm via my mining pool discord for a long time and is a well behaved mature person.

He is not using a VPN or proxy, just his residential IP, and has only registered here today, for the first time.
Activity: 30
Merit: 14
Hey everyone, my friend's account has been proxy banned upon creation. His username is joro-metaversa and if his IP was used for abuse in the past, he had nothing to do with it. Thanks in advance for looking into it.
Sorry, you're not an established member, so you don't qualify to vouch for someone:
2. Get someone to vouch for you
If an established member knows you personally, they can post your username in this topic for whitelisting. I won't accept vouches from for instance a bounty hunter with 1000 Activity and 0 earned Merit.
Your username isn't helping either: you wouldn't join a Lamborghini forum with username LamborghiniSucks, right?
I don't know BitcoinIsABubble nor joro-metaversa. However, BitcoinIsABubble has put in some effort into the small number of posts he has made in the past, and has shown an interest in constructively posting in the forum (he also likely has a genuine interest in bitcoin, even if he may not believe in it, as his handle implies).

Assuming he has not already made a new account to get around the IP ban, I would take the risk on joro-metaversa and be willing to whitelist him.

Hey PrimeNumber7, thank you for your input! Actually, joro-metaversa was whitelisted by Rizzrack, as I participated in his challenge here - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.59522267

copper member
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1898
Amazon Prime Member #7
Hey everyone, my friend's account has been proxy banned upon creation. His username is joro-metaversa and if his IP was used for abuse in the past, he had nothing to do with it. Thanks in advance for looking into it.
Sorry, you're not an established member, so you don't qualify to vouch for someone:
If an established member knows you personally, they can post your username in this topic for whitelisting. I won't accept vouches from for instance a bounty hunter with 1000 Activity and 0 earned Merit.
Your username isn't helping either: you wouldn't join a Lamborghini forum with username LamborghiniSucks, right?
I don't know BitcoinIsABubble nor joro-metaversa. However, BitcoinIsABubble has put in some effort into the small number of posts he has made in the past, and has shown an interest in constructively posting in the forum (he also likely has a genuine interest in bitcoin, even if he may not believe in it, as his handle implies).

Assuming he has not already made a new account to get around the IP ban, I would take the risk on joro-metaversa and be willing to whitelist him.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1610
The BSFL Sherrif 📛
at some point, during registration, the user is required to pay a certain fee so that his IP is whitelisted.
But if it is really a new user, who does not know any established members from the forum, how he will be informed about this possibility? sending an email to a specific address (indicated in this topic) may allow adding to the whitelist.
Every new user receives a welcome pop-up message referring them to this thread (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't find the link, but it has been addressed before.

I mean, aren't too many preconditions expected for a beginner to join on this forum? it is required to either own some bitcoin or to know someone reputed from forum, or even to know about this thread.
I believe the whitelisted threads were made for this reason, for those who want to join and have clear intents but don't have bitcoin to pay for evil IP or don't know any reputable forum members.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 2802
at some point, during registration, the user is required to pay a certain fee so that his IP is whitelisted.
But if it is really a new user, who does not know any established members from the forum, how he will be informed about this possibility? sending an email to a specific address (indicated in this topic) may allow adding to the whitelist.
I mean, aren't too many preconditions expected for a beginner to join on this forum? it is required to either own some bitcoin or to know someone reputed from forum, or even to know about this thread.
If you cannot appreciate the joke it's on you  Wink

Thanks for the quick reply
legendary
legendary
I feel like I'm Bitcointalk's helpdesk now: so many people assume it's my site. It's not!
People ask help in paying small amounts of Bitcoin, or ask if I (yes "I") accept altcoins. I usually suggest FixedFloat.com to exchange small amounts of altcoin to Bitcoin at a low fee, but just in case: Do Your Own Research before trusting any site.
I also recommend using your own Bitcoin wallet (such as Electrum) instead of exchanges with very high withdrawal fees, especially the sneaky ones like Binance who try to convince people to accept their own made-up tokens instead of real Bitcoin. And again: do your own research, and make sure you don't download malware.

Someone even called me stupid for doing this for free. He kinda has a point Tongue Instant Disclaimer: I don't accept payments for whitelisting.

IP racism and discrimination is my new favourite!
legendary
Bumping with another great attempt: someone sent me someone else's plagiarized post with a request to whitelist him. Spammers are creative Cheesy
legendary
What's more common in your experience, users not including a username at all or sending you the wrong one?
Usually they forget their username. I included it in the OP, because I can imagine they might think I can search their email address, but that option is disabled on the forum.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 7007
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I had to laugh when I read that reply of yours. I mean how hard can it be to copy and paste a username correctly in order to request being whitelisted by someone?! What's more common in your experience, users not including a username at all or sending you the wrong one? 
legendary
I've sent several people a reply similar to this:
I wanted to whitelist you, but the username you gave doesn't exist. I love how people rage at me for failing the simplest test.

For the record: I don't earn anything from whitelisting users, nor from evil fees, I do this because I feel the "units of evil" also block Newbies who don't deserve it.
Who knows, maybe posting it here helps Wink
legendary
This is by far the best email I've received:
It's a scam, and you're a con man. You have a system that allows
people's IPs to be copied. Who told you that after people paid, the spam
thing would stop, If real spammer?
This is my new favourite email:
This whitelist is a scam, paying bitcoin to enable a legitimate conversation concerning a bitcoin wallet is a scam. You think I need to bend to your rules to survive?  Your whole scenario is a scam, go fuck yourself.  Don't need your help.
The funny thing is, I would have whitelisted him if only he would have mentioned his username.
Karma is a bitch Cheesy
legendary
I've added some statistics:
Statistics
  • Users who never posted: 27
  • Total Merit earned: 410
  • Total users banned: 0
These will be updated each time I update my list of whitelisted users.
legendary
Please add this account to the whitelist. This is a corporate account project 16bit.game

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/16bitgame-3385879
Sorry, I'm not comfortable accepting a vouch from someone with negative feedback for account trading. For corporate accounts, I recommend getting a Copper Memberschip.
legendary
Activity: 1485
Merit: 1019
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Hello! Please add this account to the whitelist. This is a corporate account project 16bit.game

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/16bitgame-3385879
Pages:
Jump to: