Pages:
Author

Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC. - page 29. (Read 64851 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
lol which tard would trade 1:1 BTC for BTU.
It seems like idiotic deal when you base our perception of the bitcoin on our current balance of power.
Bitcoin core is dominant and powerful, but the eventuality that BU will take over is more than likely.
I dare you to repeat your words after 12 months, situation will be different by that time.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Looks like someone on twitter called him out on why he doesn't own btucoin.com etc as well. It's peanuts all things considered. Maybe Roger will man up more and more?
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
No one, not even Ver
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
If Ver can really throw away that much dough pointlessly, why doesn't he hire a professional programmer or two to audit the damn code? It doesn't add up.
I would assume that if this bet really went through that's exactly what the big players behind Unlimited would be doing, just offering money to hire the best to their developer team.

It's pretty funny because I was sitting in this thread as Ver made his reply so this is all unfolding live.  

It doesn't work like this. You don't fix that thing with new eyes in a fortnight.
These guys are not in it for the fortnight, they're in it for the decades.  I'm also pretty confident they've diversified their investments sufficiently to be able to take plenty of time to improve things.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
If Ver can really throw away that much dough pointlessly, why doesn't he hire a professional programmer or two to audit the damn code? It doesn't add up.
I would assume that if this bet really went through that's exactly what the big players behind Unlimited would be doing, just offering money to hire the best to their developer team.

It's pretty funny because I was sitting in this thread as Ver made his reply so this is all unfolding live. 

It doesn't work like this. You don't fix that thing with new eyes in a fortnight.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.

You are too busy to make a once in a lifetime deal that will double your stash?!
From what I understand this wouldn't double his stash, lol.

Man, there are some serious whales here. 
These whales are in most cases early adopters who were lucky enough to be around at that time when bitcoin was still young and beautiful.
I sincerely doubt that any of these people bought bitcoin when the price was higher than $500.

It could be another great deal and milestone in bitcoin's history, just like Bitcoin Pizza was.
If Roger really finalize this deal, it would mean his faith in Bitcoin Unlimited is unwavered.

Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.

You are too busy to make a once in a lifetime deal that will double your stash?!

After a hard fork he would have an equal amount of BTC on both forks. After that happens Loaded offered him to trade up to 130k Unlimited BTC for Core BTC. So Roger would have double the amount of Unlimited BTC and Loaded would have double the amount of Core BTC.

That means 60,000 BTC, but that's not 60 million USD? What happens if the BTU is approved and created? Does the value of bitcoin change and decline dramatically? And how will the BTU be worth? These are the questions that I want to know. Please give me answer. And if that happens, where can I use BTC to get a BTU? In other words, where can I double my coin ?
Well to be fair if it really splits chances are neither BTU or BTC themselves will be worth 1000 at that point in time, it'll probably hurt the combined value.

Maybe busy making up some excuse to backtrack like a bitch.  Cheesy
He hasn't said anything he will feel he will need to back track on and the community let's him get away with lying deceit bribery coercion ignorance greed malice etc on a daily basis so he's not going to get held to anything here.
donator
lol, if all btc followers traded btc for btu with the BU followers in this manner, no dumping on exchanges would take place. it would make the split less uglier and less dangerous. i want to participate on btc side. who can arrange a collective bet like this for smaller stacks?

It doesn't matter if it happens in an exchange. I'd dump by BUtts on minute zero, worried I'd never be able to get BTC for basically nothing again.

Who the fuck is going to bet on that psychiatric case study? Other than Ver apparently.
donator

Maybe busy making up some excuse to backtrack like a bitch.  Cheesy

(Cheers!) He needs 48 hours to come up with another excuse to buy more time to come up with a 3rd excuse.
Activity: 728
In cryptography we trust
This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.

lol, if all btc followers traded btc for btu with the BU followers in this manner, no dumping on exchanges would take place. it would make the split less uglier and less dangerous. i want to participate on btc side. who can arrange a collective bet like this for smaller stacks?
There won't be a fork, ver will never take this bet.  He's planning an event in the next few days.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

Can we join? I think most of our investors would agree on this deal which makes it almost 3600BTC.

Regards,
Alex.
Play this scenario out in your head.  Ver says yes, gets a few other bu supporters who will take the bet, people on btc side start to pour in making bets etc...

Whats the end game?
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
roger ver and jihan are pussies, they will never go throught with the deal.

"This sounds like a great deal for both of us.  I look forward to ironing out the exact details and terms.  I'm super busy for the next 48 hours,  but would love to connect after that.
"

Maybe take a break from having an opinion?  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: